Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2016
LANDED..........
01-11-2016
People seems not to be using ICES anymore for credential assessment because I can not find so many thread on ICES. A friend is just 4 weeks and already disturbed. Do they actually reach the 16 weeks before they complete the evaluation?

Niara

Jun 7, 2020
Category........
FSW
People seems not to be using ICES anymore for credential assessment because I can not find so many thread on ICES. A friend is just 4 weeks and already disturbed. Do they actually reach the 16 weeks before they complete the evaluation?
From what I know, not really. On average, they tend to be much faster than that. My spouse's credentials have been evaluated in a bit more than a month, and it seems that other people's documents in this forum also followed a similar timeline.
Mine is taking longer though, I have now been waiting 13 weeks. After contacting ICES, they told me they expect to send it within the next couple of weeks.

canprind

Sep 19, 2019
Hi All,
Maybe this question has already been asked by someone else and responded.
I have just submitted my application on ICES site (For immigration (ECA)) and will be reaching out to my educational institution to send the required documents to ICES via email. Can anyone please let me know what will be the turnaround time from ICES to provide the ECA report once documents received?
Thanks in advance.

a-kumar

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Hi All,
Maybe this question has already been asked by someone else and responded.
I have just submitted my application on ICES site (For immigration (ECA)) and will be reaching out to my educational institution to send the required documents to ICES via email. Can anyone please let me know what will be the turnaround time from ICES to provide the ECA report once documents received?
Thanks in advance.
It depends. When I got my Bachelors assessed, they took 16.5 weeks, almost 4 months. I got my Masters degree assessed earlier this year in July and they took about a month - mailed me the completed and revised ECA report by the end of August. But this could be because I did my Masters from same University as Bachelors.

canprind

Sep 19, 2019
It depends. When I got my Bachelors assessed, they took 16.5 weeks, almost 4 months. I got my Masters degree assessed earlier this year in July and they took about a month - mailed me the completed and revised ECA report by the end of August. But this could be because I did my Masters from same University as Bachelors.
Thanks for the reply :)

canprind

Sep 19, 2019
Also if one only wishes to get 1 credential assessed (say masters) from ICES, does it have any impact on the processing time as such?

a-kumar

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Also if one only wishes to get 1 credential assessed (say masters) from ICES, does it have any impact on the processing time as such?
You should, for the very least, expect a month's delay. ICES has been rather prompt in finishing ECA reports ever since they re-opened their services after pandemic lock down. It could take more, depending on whether ICES requires any data on your academic institution of passing. Furthermore, before you apply, make sure to check country specific requirements on ICES's webpage: https://www.bcit.ca/ices/country-specific-information/

Reactions: canprind

canprind

Sep 19, 2019
You should, for the very least, expect a month's delay. ICES has been rather prompt in finishing ECA reports ever since they re-opened their services after pandemic lock down. It could take more, depending on whether ICES requires any data on your academic institution of passing. Furthermore, before you apply, make sure to check country specific requirements on ICES's webpage: https://www.bcit.ca/ices/country-specific-information/
Thanks for the info. I will surely look into the country specific requirements.

canprind

Sep 19, 2019
Hi All,
documents were sent by university via email on Sept 14 and ICES updated status on Sept 16 as "Documents Received (Being checked by ICES)". Can anyone please let me know how long does it usually take to move to next status "Evaluation in progress" and also by when can I expect the ECA report?? Thanks in advance.

Lasip

Jun 7, 2020
16 July 2020 - Certificate sent from my school to BCIT by email
28 September 2020 - Assessment report printed by BCIT
04 October 2020 - Assessment report received in the mail at my home address.

Reactions: canprind

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi, just to share my timeline:

August 13, 2020 - submitted online and paid fees
September 8, 2020 - Transcript from university received by ICES - Status: Documents received (being check by ICES)

No update until today, already more than a month in process.

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi, just to share my timeline:

August 13, 2020 - submitted online and paid fees
September 8, 2020 - Transcript from university received by ICES - Status: Documents received (being checked by ICES)

No update until today, already more than a month in process.
just an update

October 26, 2020 - Evaluation in progress

Howl long will it takes to become completed and mail the hard copy?