+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICES (BCIT) Timeline

Star-lord

Apr 9, 2020
Hi starlord!

I also received my report yesterday.
Did part 2 of your report mention anything about the recognition of the university within Canada?
Or was it just a one liner like "Masters"?

Some ECA reports i have seen are a bit more specific and mention things such as -

"Comparable to a Masters from a recognized institution within Canada"
The part 2 reads - "Credential 1: One year master degree".

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Finally got my report today. Yes I finally got my masters degree. Thank you all for you help through this process...

klksunny

Jun 30, 2017
Finally got my report today. Yes I finally got my masters degree. Thank you all for you help through this process...
Hi!
Could you please post the whole part 2 of the report exactly as it appears?
Did part 2 of your report mention anything about the recognition of the university within Canada?

Thanks

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
It just mentions

Part 2. Comparable level of education in canada.
credential 1: one year masters degree

That's all..why?? What does your report say ??

klksunny

Jun 30, 2017
It just mentions

Part 2. Comparable level of education in canada.
credential 1: one year masters degree

That's all..why?? What does your report say ??
Its the same for me as well.
Sometimes ICES mentions a comment similar to "Canadian Equivalency - one year masters degree from recognised university in Canada"
I just wanted to know if ICES still does the same or not.

Niara

Jun 7, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi! Has anyone received their ECA recently?
Any idea on whether the processing time displayed on the website is accurate?

atif mehmood

Dec 7, 2017
Got my eca last month in and it took about 13 weeks , and currently there processing time is16 weeks ,usually they complete the eca report well before 16 weeks if everything goes right.

Niara

Jun 7, 2020
Category........
FSW
Got my eca last month in and it took about 13 weeks , and currently there processing time is16 weeks ,usually they complete the eca report well before 16 weeks if everything goes right.
Great, thanks for your answer!
I sent my documents 5 weeks ago so I still have some waiting time ahead of me. But good to know they're not taking too long!

junro

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Hi, my application status was changed to Evaluation in progress. Is there anyone here who knows how much time do I need to wait more from the evaluation status? Thanks in advance.

junro

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Wait for at least 12 or 13 weeks, after that you can email them or call them for update.
Hi, thank you for the reply. I thought when status was changed to evaluation in progress i just need to wait for a few days before the result. Anyways, i’ll just wait and hopefully they will release the result sooner than expected. Thanks again bud!

atif mehmood

Dec 7, 2017
Well come, usually they change the status to evaluation in progress in couple of days after they receive the documents, but u can start counting your 13 weeks from the day they received your documents.

junro

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Great, thanks for your answer!
I sent my documents 5 weeks ago so I still have some waiting time ahead of me. But good to know they're not taking too long!
Hi. Does your status has been updated to evaluation in progress? Thanks.

junro

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Well come, usually they change the status to evaluation in progress in couple of days after they receive the documents, but u can start counting your 13 weeks from the day they received your documents.
Thanks bud! I really thought when the status was changed to evaluation in progress, I will just need to wait for a few days. Lol