+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICES (BCIT) Timeline

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Our documents were received on 25th January and we haven't heard anything from ICES so far. The status was "Documents Received (being checked by ICES)" till the time they shut the portal.

Since they don't email the soft copy of ECA reports and as physical mail service is shut, not sure when they'll be able to dispatch the same.
I am in the same boat as you. My docs were received on 24th Jan, no update and now the site is closed due to covid. There are no updates available at all. No idea what to do..it will be 12 weeks next week, hoping for some miracle.

atif mehmood

Dec 7, 2017
Our documents were received on 25th January and we haven't heard anything from ICES so far. The status was "Documents Received (being checked by ICES)" till the time they shut the portal.

Since they don't email the soft copy of ECA reports and as physical mail service is shut, not sure when they'll be able to dispatch the same.
They received my documents on 21st of January and I emailed them regarding progress and they said they will complete the process within 20 Weeks and there won't be any delay.

Star-lord

Apr 9, 2020
Is there any update with regard to anyone's ECA report??
Me and my friend received an email from ICES yesterday, informing us that our ECA reports are ready but they're unable to ship them as their courier partner (DHL) is not operational due to the current lockdown in India. Note that we had opted for the courier delivery by paying some extra amount.

The email asked us to choose between either 1) having the report shipped to an address in Canada/USA or 2) wait till the courier service becomes operational.

Our documents were delivered to them on 25th January so it's done in just 12 weeks.

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
I got an email now from ICES stating that my evaluation is complete and further details will be sent shortly.

But my query is are the courier companies working in Canada?? I reside in dubai and the delivery address in here, will there be a delay again due to Lockdown..

Star-lord

Apr 9, 2020
I got an email now from ICES stating that my evaluation is complete and further details will be sent shortly.

But my query is are the courier companies working in Canada?? I reside in dubai and the delivery address in here, will there be a delay again due to Lockdown..
Yes, domestic courier services and Canada Post is operational. Outgoing courier to some countries is not functional.

There's a link on this page where you can check the country-wise courier service disruptions https://www.bcit.ca/ices/news/

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
United Arab Emirates is in the suspended list so seems there will be delay to receive the report right..

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
How can I log in to check my application status. can't seem to find where to check my application status. Pls help!!!
The online portal is temporarily suspended for all applications. We are also unable to view any status, however since it was more than 3 months that my docs are received I decided to send them an email, they responded. Send them an email to check your status. When were your docs received in ices??

chapters101

Jan 14, 2016
The online portal is temporarily suspended for all applications. We are also unable to view any status, however since it was more than 3 months that my docs are received I decided to send them an email, they responded. Send them an email to check your status. When were your docs received in ices??
thanks so much. was received nov.

Star-lord

Apr 9, 2020
Received my ICES evaluation at a relative's home in Canada yesterday.

Got 1-year Masters degree evaluation for an MBA from a UGC-approved University in India. I believe it is considered as Masters for CRS calculation, so all good.

Documents were sent by university on 22nd Jan and delivered on 25th Jan to BCIT. So total turnaround time of ~3 months/13 weeks.

Me and my friend received an email from ICES yesterday, informing us that our ECA reports are ready but they're unable to ship them as their courier partner (DHL) is not operational due to the current lockdown in India. Note that we had opted for the courier delivery by paying some extra amount.

The email asked us to choose between either 1) having the report shipped to an address in Canada/USA or 2) wait till the courier service becomes operational.

Our documents were delivered to them on 25th January so it's done in just 12 weeks.

klksunny

Jun 30, 2017

Got 1-year Masters degree evaluation for an MBA from a UGC-approved University in India. I believe it is considered as Masters for CRS calculation, so all good.

Documents were sent by university on 22nd Jan and delivered on 25th Jan to BCIT. So total turnaround time of ~3 months/13 weeks.
Hi starlord!

I also received my report yesterday.
Did part 2 of your report mention anything about the recognition of the university within Canada?
Or was it just a one liner like "Masters"?

Some ECA reports i have seen are a bit more specific and mention things such as -

"Comparable to a Masters from a recognized institution within Canada"

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019

Ohh you are lucky. Mine had a courier delay. Now it has reached Dubai but still showing at the sort facility. It may take a few more days to reach me, I just feel to go and get it directly rather than asking them to come and give it to me.

Reactions: Star-lord