+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICES (BCIT) Timeline

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
Means I have applied for masters only. Is it fine ? already have bachelor asessed by WES. I know no extra points .
Absolutely fine, if you get master's equivalent, you will get 135 points. Don't need to show your wes assesment

Last edited:

kiranbeant

Aug 11, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Absolutely fine, if you get master's equivalent, you will get 135 points. Don't need to show your wes assesment
I appreciate your reply. Please tell me if you can , my Uni said to me that they will courier my documents to ICES not email to them .or It is rule they accept only mailed documents ? Can we email to ICES ? It is very quick question

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi,

Thank you all for your views on ICES. Because of this forum only I could opt for ICES after getting ECA from WES ( not considered my MBA from India as masters ).

I applied for ECA via an online option on ICES website - on 15th July 2020
Evaluation Completed 13th August 2020
Status Update as Evaluation Complete & Sent through the mail (DHL courier)- 26th August 2020 ( hardly 5-6 weeks - quite fast compared to my expectations)
Physical Copy Recd - 03rd Sept 2020 - Got ECA as Comparable Level of Education in Canada - One Year Masters Degree

Once more point I can suggest which I have followed that after 3-4 weeks of your application you send an email to ICES stating that please confirm the documents received are as per their requirement and ask for a tentative timeline, I got a standard reply saying documents are ok and expect 16 weeks but within 2 weeks of the reply the status got updated as complete so I feel that email could have pushed them to keep the case on priority.

I have opted for Masters degree only (through the online option) since Bachelor was already done through WES, my university directly sent an email to ICES & it was acknowledged Immediately by ICES on their portal (login portal).

For Indian Students I can strongly recommend that for other than MBA from IIMs & IITs, one should opt for ICES (preferably online option) for PGDM or Masters Degreee of any field to get PGDM or Masters respectively.

Thank you for the support, hope my above message might help someone.

Regards,
Hi When did ICES received the documents from your university? Just wondering how long did it takes for ICES to process once documents have been acknowledged. Thank you.

Joy2020

Sep 6, 2020
I appreciate your reply. Please tell me if you can , my Uni said to me that they will courier my documents to ICES not email to them .or It is rule they accept only mailed documents ? Can we email to ICES ? It is very quick question
Some Universities don't prefer to send the documents by email. May be they do not have an official email ID or want to put in less efforts by not scanning copies after stamping.

Please find the details from ICES website on alternate options to mailing:
Official documents can also be sent by the academic authority directly to our office via email at icesofficialdocs@bcit.ca
Please have your institution include your client number in the subject of the email.
Official documents must be sent from a traceable university issued email account (educational domain) and signed by an appropriate university authority (i.e. registrar, controller of examinations, head of records etc.). Emails from generic accounts will not be accepted (i.e. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). Please ensure your school is not simply forwarding your scans. Documents must be stamped/signed or verified by an appropriate authority before they send them to us.
Official documents are also acceptable from online digital services. Examples include but are not limited to My eQuals, Parchment, Credential Solutions, Truecopy and Student Clearing House.

bekanada

Aug 8, 2020
Hi please which person sent his transcript beetween August 1st and 17th 2020 and received already his assesment ?

canprind

Sep 19, 2019
Hi All,
documents were sent by university via email on Sept 14 and ICES updated status on Sept 16 as "Documents Received (Being checked by ICES)". Can anyone please let me know how long does it usually take to move to next status "Evaluation in progress" and also by when can I expect the ECA report?? Thanks in advance.

Nish_jais

Sep 26, 2020
Hi,

Thank you all for your views on ICES. Because of this forum only I could opt for ICES after getting ECA from WES ( not considered my MBA from India as masters ).

I applied for ECA via an online option on ICES website - on 15th July 2020
Evaluation Completed 13th August 2020
Status Update as Evaluation Complete & Sent through the mail (DHL courier)- 26th August 2020 ( hardly 5-6 weeks - quite fast compared to my expectations)
Physical Copy Recd - 03rd Sept 2020 - Got ECA as Comparable Level of Education in Canada - One Year Masters Degree

Once more point I can suggest which I have followed that after 3-4 weeks of your application you send an email to ICES stating that please confirm the documents received are as per their requirement and ask for a tentative timeline, I got a standard reply saying documents are ok and expect 16 weeks but within 2 weeks of the reply the status got updated as complete so I feel that email could have pushed them to keep the case on priority.

I have opted for Masters degree only (through the online option) since Bachelor was already done through WES, my university directly sent an email to ICES & it was acknowledged Immediately by ICES on their portal (login portal).

For Indian Students I can strongly recommend that for other than MBA from IIMs & IITs, one should opt for ICES (preferably online option) for PGDM or Masters Degreee of any field to get PGDM or Masters respectively.

Thank you for the support, hope my above message might help someone.

Regards,
Hi, is the ICES application number and ECA Refrence number same or is different. My MBA Transcript sent by university through email to Ices on 23rd September. I am waiting for the evaluation to complete and hopefully get masters equivalent

blahblah42

Feb 6, 2020
Hey Guys , my 2 yrs pgdm was recognized as diploma by both ces and iquas. Probably because the degree is not recognized by AIU (association of indian universities) as MBA, although its reputed one (cat/gmat cuttoff is 90%+ percentile). Should i apply to ICES ?? or just get bachelors evaluated at WES?

gsnajm

Aug 25, 2020
Hi,
To those of you who went with the courier delivery and paid extra, how long did it take for you report to be delivered after the final status was updated online?
Thank you!

Kiran Jayachandran

Jan 1, 2019
Hi All,
documents were sent by university via email on Sept 14 and ICES updated status on Sept 16 as "Documents Received (Being checked by ICES)". Can anyone please let me know how long does it usually take to move to next status "Evaluation in progress" and also by when can I expect the ECA report?? Thanks in advance.
May i know your updated status?

My university send the docs on 16th october and on 12th of November, status changed to "Documents Received (Being checked by ICES)". I have no idea how long it will take to complete the evaluatiton process from this stage.

If you received your evaluation, appreciate if you can share your timeline.

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi,
To those of you who went with the courier delivery and paid extra, how long did it take for you report to be delivered after the final status was updated online?
Thank you!
After the status changed to completed and mailed I received my courier in 3 days. This is inside Canada.

ICES will send you the courier tracking number.

gsnajm

Aug 25, 2020
Hey guys.. once the ECA is completed, do i receive the reference number I can put in my express entry application immediately or do i need to wait for the hard copy report do be delivered by mail?
Thanks in advance!