+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICAS CANADA - APPLICATION TIMELINES

Sandeep965

Jan 9, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Hello Friends,

I need ECA for my Trade certificate as I have done ITI from India. Is there any member who have done with the process?
ICAS really do ECA for skilled trade if not then which is the designated organisation ??
You can try checking the equivalency tool of WES and also try to read the India education equivalency pdf file of IQAS where you might be able to find out some information about it. Please note you must confirm with any professional or anyone with good information on this forum so you can apply to the right agency as there are 5 to choose from. This will save you a lot of time and money.

Hope02

Sep 5, 2019
You can try checking the equivalency tool of WES and also try to read the India education equivalency pdf file of IQAS where you might be able to find out some information about it. Please note you must confirm with any professional or anyone with good information on this forum so you can apply to the right agency as there are 5 to choose from. This will save you a lot of time and money.
Thanks for reply
Neither WES nor ICES do ECA for skilled trade. Moreover, IQAS is not accepting application for ECA.

Loisie

Jul 18, 2019
Port Harcourt
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
ICAS keeps on frustrating me to send documents honestly am tired and the final letter they requested my school sent it to my mail instead of sending to ICAS someone should advice me what to do cos I can't go through the stress of telling the school to send it as am not in the country i schooled

ajit.u

Jun 10, 2019
Has anyone reached out to ICAS in the past week to understand what files are being processed? I have sent them an email for which i haven't received a response yet. Usually they responded to me in a day or two.

RajanCAaspirant

Feb 26, 2019
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Has anyone reached out to ICAS in the past week to understand what files are being processed? I have sent them an email for which i haven't received a response yet. Usually they responded to me in a day or two.
Any new update on the current dates ICAS is working on ?

rmeet62

Oct 10, 2019
01-30-2020 Assessment in Progress
07-03-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
06-28-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
06-19-2019 Additional information required. Communication sent by email
05-01-2019 Application Received

Here is my timeline.
Since last week status is same.
Can anyone tell me how long does it take to assess the report ?

Thank you

Last edited:

Ashrim Narsinh

Sep 22, 2018
For the type of report you have requested, Assessment Officers are currently preparing reports for files for which we received sufficient documentation in mid-May.

Your file status will be updated when the assessment is in progress, and as it moves through the assessment process. The file status will always contain the most up-to-date information about your file.

While we understand the urgency of each individual case, all files must be handled in the order in which complete documentation was received in our office.

Thank you for your patience.

ICAS of Canada

RajanCAaspirant

Feb 26, 2019
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
07-03-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment

Here is my timeline.

Thank you
My date of placed in queue for assessment is same like yours. But no update on mine :(

The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
Date Event
06-21-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
06-12-2019 Documents reviewed, awaiting official documents
05-31-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
05-10-2019 Documents reviewed, awaiting official documents
04-12-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
03-06-2019 Application Received

PreN

Feb 7, 2020

Here is my timeline.

Thank you

Hi,

Is this an assessment report for immigration? Because mine was place in the queue much earlier and it's still 'stuck'. So now I'm confused.

06-03-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
05-15-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received

I haven't contacted ICAS yet because after reading the past few pages on this forum, it seems likely that I can predict the response. I've been waiting about 9 months now since it's been placed in the queue. I actually lost points because I've had my birthday recently. Even those few points make a difference.

rmeet62

Oct 10, 2019
My date of placed in queue for assessment is same like yours. But no update on mine :(

The following list shows the current state of your application. For further information, contact the ICAS office.
Date Event
06-21-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
06-12-2019 Documents reviewed, awaiting official documents
05-31-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
05-10-2019 Documents reviewed, awaiting official documents
04-12-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
03-06-2019 Application Received

I don't know whats going on because if assessment is in progress it do not take 1 week time because my friend was having
MBA equivalency when his status changed it took only 2 days to complete the assessment. Moreover he got mail within a week and mine is still same.
I don't know whats going on.

rmeet62

Oct 10, 2019
Hi,

Is this an assessment report for immigration? Because mine was place in the queue much earlier and it's still 'stuck'. So now I'm confused.

06-03-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
05-15-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received

I haven't contacted ICAS yet because after reading the past few pages on this forum, it seems likely that I can predict the response. I've been waiting about 9 months now since it's been placed in the queue. I actually lost points because I've had my birthday recently. Even those few points make a difference.

No this is for credit transfer for my college. Not for immigration. I hope it changes soon.
I will keep posting updates.

ajit.u

Jun 10, 2019
As of yesterday they are still preparing reports for mid-may. He is the excerpt from their email.

"Your file status will be updated when the assessment is in progress, and as it moves through the assessment process. The file status will always contain the most up-to-date information about your file.

For the type of report you have requested, Assessment and Research Consultants are currently preparing reports for files for which we received sufficient documentation in mid-May."

They are really slow!!!

Did they also stop accepting new application?

seansean

Jun 14, 2019
California, United States
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Things are moving now

02-11-2020Assessment in Progress
06-19-2019Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
06-03-2019Additional Information / Documents Received
05-13-2019Additional Information / Documents Received
04-05-2019Application Received