+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I94 Travel History

HarpD

Jun 13, 2019
I had appeared for the citizenship test on September 30th 2019. After the test was called in by the officer to verify the documents. I used to travel across the border often from groceries and even fuel also had a mail box as we lived in BC and used the Nexus Card. She also asked me to get the entry/exit records from India. which is not possible as I called the Consulate of India in Vancouver and was informed that all the entry/exit is stamped on the passport and as such immigration bureau of India does not provide or entertain such requests. I got the I94 record online and submitted and also submitted a fresh copy of my passport along with.
has anyone encountered such problems. will this information help the CIC to decide.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
even after the test, they ask for stamps?? don't they know that many countries out there no longer stamp passports? can't they just use the records from CBSA? such low efficiency

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
even after the test, they ask for stamps?? don't they know that many countries out there no longer stamp passports? can't they just use the records from CBSA? such low efficiency
Has nothing to do with being efficient .The CBSA does not have access to the entry/exit records for India

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
Has nothing to do with being efficient .The CBSA does not have access to the entry/exit records for India
As I understand, the CBSA need entry / exit records from/to Canada for confirming the physical presence. If they are asking for India or other countries, that maybe because they have either some issue tracking in their CBSA system...and this can happen due to some technical or other errors. The errors in addition to technology and other reasons, could be related to typo-errors by the Officer during entry/exit).

Generally inbound is always captured correctly as there are mutliple validations. Outbound, I understand, they have to rely on Airline Advance Passenger Information (API) and Passenger Name Record (PNR) data only for air travel and shared Land Border Crossing information from USCBP .

In such situations, if one has the boarding passes and/or e-ticket details, I think that will help the officials to validate.

Cheers!

ankit.forum

Mar 12, 2020
Hello,
Me and my wife already have our PR cards for Canada. We relocated to Canada from USA for good and entered Canada via land border from the Lansdowne port (1000 islands bridge) in our personal car in February 2020. This was a permanent move to Canada from USA.

At the Canada side, the officer didn't ask for our passports. He just let us in looking at our PR cards. We imported our car at the CBSA. During this entire process nobody scanned our PR cards nor our passports and I am sure about it. At last, I requested a custom officer for a stamp and they gave the entry stamp on our passports.

Now I am worried thinking how is my exit recorded in the USA side since it was a manual stamp and not something in the system that would automatically share the record with USA? I have checked my travel history online and it still doesn't reflect my departure from USA. My I94 is expiring soon and if my exit is not recorded from USA, this could certainly be an issue.

Does anybody had a similar experience? It would be great to hear what are the next steps?

Thanks.

Singhyuvraj

Apr 28, 2019
hello, i have started my Canadian PR application and i need my travel history from USA as I94 form but the online portal is not working in my case. when i contacted USA CBP they refused to give me that information. i can not apply my file without that information. i used https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home to get my information and it failed me as i have not traveled at all except my last trip. because of my work, i am required to travel in between Canada and USA more then 3 times a month. please let me know if there is any other channel through i can get this information. thanks

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
hello, i have started my Canadian PR application and i need my travel history from USA as I94 form but the online portal is not working in my case. when i contacted USA CBP they refused to give me that information. i can not apply my file without that information. i used https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home to get my information and it failed me as i have not traveled at all except my last trip. because of my work, i am required to travel in between Canada and USA more then 3 times a month. please let me know if there is any other channel through i can get this information. thanks
Its your responsibility to have your own travel history not the border agents.
As rkck mentioned, try to request for the I94 entry exit records but it takes weeks to months.
Try the i94 site again with correct information to fetch the last 100 entries. The site works even now.

Nash119739

Jan 24, 2021
Its your responsibility to have your own travel history not the border agents.
As rkck mentioned, try to request for the I94 entry exit records but it takes weeks to months.
Try the i94 site again with correct information to fetch the last 100 entries. The site works even now.
Hi i am applying for my Citizenship this month. For info on my trips to the US i logged on to i94 and was able to see the trips.

Do i still have to apply to FOIA for "official" info or is the info showing on i94 enough for me to fill my travel details?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi i am applying for my Citizenship this month. For info on my trips to the US i logged on to i94 and was able to see the trips.

Do i still have to apply to FOIA for "official" info or is the info showing on i94 enough for me to fill my travel details?
For one member they are ok to get it from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/ but you can now apply at the official site https://foiaonline.gov/ since you have lot of time. Its free to apply hence why you need to think about applying. Just get it from official site too in few months. You will get query only after 6+ months hence you would be ready with official document.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-2019-citizenship-applicants.656876/page-109#post-9148361

Nash119739

Jan 24, 2021
For one member they are ok to get it from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/ but you can now apply at the official site https://foiaonline.gov/ since you have lot of time. Its free to apply hence why you need to think about applying. Just get it from official site too in few months. You will get query only after 6+ months hence you would be ready with official document.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-2019-citizenship-applicants.656876/page-109#post-9148361
Yes it is only for me if that is what you meant by "one member". I arrived in Canada in 2017 and my wife and daughter (3 year old) in 2019. So i will be applying for Citizenship only for myself and the lil lady as my wife has to fulfill the 1095 days criteria and the both of them have never crossed the border.

1) So now when i am applying can i use the info i received from i94?
2) And as suggested i will proceed to apply for FOIA as you said they need the official document whenever the query comes up. Could you expand on what this query is which would come up later if i apply this month?
3) And lastly information received from FOIA is considered the official one right?

Thanks a lot in advance Hari!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yes it is only for me if that is what you meant by "one member". I arrived in Canada in 2017 and my wife and daughter (3 year old) in 2019. So i will be applying for Citizenship only for myself and the lil lady as my wife has to fulfill the 1095 days criteria and the both of them have never crossed the border.

1) So now when i am applying can i use the info i received from i94?
2) And as suggested i will proceed to apply for FOIA as you said they need the official document whenever the query comes up. Could you expand on what this query is which would come up later if i apply this month?
3) And lastly information received from FOIA is considered the official one right?

Thanks a lot in advance Hari!
No, the link i specified is another member in forum who was asked to submit I94 entry exit records just from cbp site instead of foia site.
1. You can for sure. Its not a problem to send additional document while you have it as they are anyway asking on it for many.
2. Dont wait for it as it takes months. You can later submit webform to include in your application after receiving aor. I did this way so that we dont waste time.
3. Yes.

Reactions: Nash119739