+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i will take medical exam next week. but i smoke weed.they check any THC or drug test?

Theo16

Oct 17, 2018
I still have to take my medicals to get my Permanent Residentship, will it be ok to smoke weed now that is legal in Canada? I haven't smoked in like a year.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I still have to take my medicals to get my Permanent Residentship, will it be ok to smoke weed now that is legal in Canada? I haven't smoked in like a year.
Legal or not and even if they maybe do not test for it why if you have not smoked in a year why start again now until you have secured your PR ? Depends I guess what is more important to you a quick fix or PR .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Read the previous posts. It has never been tested for anyways.

Pranjali Roy

Sep 10, 2019
i will take medical exam next week. but i smoke weed.they check any THC or drug test?
i'm really worry about they check THC or drug test.
plz answer me... i can't sleep all day...cuz afraid if they reject my medical exam...
Did it work out for you? Did you pass your test? I'm worried about the same thing.

AlRoss0908

Sep 8, 2020
I have no idea if they still take a drug test, but you better be safe. Probably they will do general blood and urine tests and can detect that you have been smoking weed. But, as far as I know, some methods can help you to hide on a urine test that you have been smoking weed. My friend found some methods on https://quitmarijuana.org/how-to-stop-smoking-weed that can accelerate the process of detoxing. You just need to be prepared in advance, better to do start doing it a couple of days before the drug test. Besides, you shouldn’t smoke weed when you are doing the detox.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi
I have no idea if they still take a drug test, but you better be safe. Probably they will do general blood and urine tests and can detect that you have been smoking weed. But, as far as I know, some methods can help you to hide on a urine test that you have been smoking weed. My friend found some methods on https://quitmarijuana.org/how-to-stop-smoking-weed that can accelerate the process of detoxing. You just need to be prepared in advance, better to do start doing it a couple of days before the drug test. Besides, you shouldn’t smoke weed when you are doing the detox.
1. No, they don't test for "weed". As the possession and use of weed is legal in Canada

Gamag

Feb 15, 2021
Okay so the medical is there to check if you have communicable diseases only or do they check for traces of ANY drugs, be it legal or illegal in canada?

Jey2406

Feb 12, 2021
Hi

1. No, they don't test for "weed". As the possession and use of weed is legal in Canada
How sure are you man I quit for a month and have only smoked on 2 weekend saturdays after that I’ve been clean, before that I smoked regularly for a month and a half.