+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i will take medical exam next week. but i smoke weed.they check any THC or drug test?

rudxo4250

Jan 24, 2018
i will take medical exam next week. but i smoke weed.they check any THC or drug test?
i'm really worry about they check THC or drug test.
plz answer me... i can't sleep all day...cuz afraid if they reject my medical exam...

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
plz answer me... i can't sleep all day...cuz afraid if they reject my medical exam...
Well they do blood and urine test so CIC will definitely know about the weed smoking but not a issue since its legal here.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
but will be legal coming july.it is fine??? i never uesd to the other drug just weed....
CIC will only reject your MR based on serious medical issues such as cancer or some medical diseases that might be considered excessive use of health care.

But you should stop smoking weed until your medical is over.

Driss77

Jul 24, 2017

My advice for you to stop smoking and try to make onion juice and drink it everyday before breakfast and that would clean your body. good luck !
worry about they check THC or drug test.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
They don't check for drugs.

Driss77

Jul 24, 2017
If you stop smoking from now don't worry. They fear Canadian citizens of infectious diseases such as tuberculosis Aids.
My advice for you stop smoking immediately

Reactions: Pranjali Roy

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
They will do a chest x-ray...and if some issue or spot in lungs...medical will be rejected
Incorrect. If the chest x-ray shows indications of TB, the person will be sent for further testing. If it is active TB, the app will be put on hold until treatment is complete. If it is inactive TB, then the app is processed as normal.

The chest x-ray has nothing to do with smoking.

Arjun Pandit

Jan 28, 2018
Incorrect. If the chest x-ray shows indications of TB, the person will be sent for further testing. If it is active TB, the app will be put on hold until treatment is complete. If it is inactive TB, then the app is processed as normal.

The chest x-ray has nothing to do with smoking.
As already posted...If there is a spot in the lungs...referring to some pre-existing disease,only then the MR may be rejected..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
As already posted...If there is a spot in the lungs...referring to some pre-existing disease,only then the MR may be rejected..
Still wrong. The medical is not "rejected". The person is sent for further testing. Big difference.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Well they do blood and urine test so CIC will definitely know about the weed smoking but not a issue since its legal here.
I don't believe they do any kind of drug testing on the blood/urine though. The lab will only test what they are told to test for on the sheet which is just for STD's (aids and syphilis) for most people, my wife was given the sheet to hand to the lab and could see what was going to be tested with only a couple of boxes ticked. Not sure what the urine test is for, when my wife had hers she was told to leave the sample in the clinic bathroom where the receptionist went in and does a quick dipstick test and throws the sample away, likely checking for more STD's. The main concern of the medical is checking for communicable diseases.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I don't believe they do any kind of drug testing on the blood/urine though. The lab will only test what they are told to test for on the sheet which is just for STD's (aids and syphilis) for most people, my wife was given the sheet to hand to the lab and could see what was going to be tested with only a couple of boxes ticked. Not sure what the urine test is for, when my wife had hers she was told to leave the sample in the clinic bathroom where the receptionist went in and does a quick dipstick test and throws the sample away, likely checking for more STD's. The main concern of the medical is checking for communicable diseases.
Urinalysis tests for the presence of blood, protein and glucose.

KanKan22

May 14, 2018

How did it go?

Jul 19, 2018
Did any form or doctor require you to disclose whether or not you are/have smoked weed? And also how did your medical go?