+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I was found ineligible for EE AGAIN!

miladi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hi Guys,

This is driving me nuts. I hope someone here can help me.
I applied for Express Entry for the third time and immediately received a message saying I'm not eligible. Here's my background:
Education:
- Graduated from BC university (Master of Science Business Administration) in December 2015

Work:
A- 4 months experience (Dec 2015 to April 2016) NOC Code 0601
B- 8 Months Experience Immediate after (April 2016 to present (Dec 2016) NOC Code 4162 (Health Economist). This is a permanent position with valid (but no LMIA) job offer.
(total 12 months of Canadian work experience, right?)

English:
IELTS Score 8 (reading 9, Listening 8, Writing 7, Speaking 8.5)

Can someone tell me why I'm ineligible? I have a feeling it's because my 1 year full time experience is from 2 different jobs and not one single occupation. Could this be the case?

Thank you,
Milad

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
The experience must be continuous and minimum one year in same job

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I thought it was only an issue if you apply under FSW. It does not matter if you are applying under CEC as long as the occupation is under NOC O, A or B (unless it is changed).

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - No, for CEC work experience does not have to be continuous
2 - Having different NOC's is allowed.

Are you working on a full-time basis? (Over 30 hrs a week)

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
CEC Minimum requirements
You must:

have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization,
meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening),
plan to live outside the province of Quebec.
Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miladi said:
Hi Guys,

This is driving me nuts. I hope someone here can help me.
I applied for Express Entry for the third time and immediately received a message saying I'm not eligible. Here's my background:
Education:
- Graduated from BC university (Master of Science Business Administration) in December 2015

Work:
A- 4 months experience (Dec 2015 to April 2016) NOC Code 0601
B- 8 Months Experience Immediate after (April 2016 to present (Dec 2016) NOC Code 4162 (Health Economist). This is a permanent position with valid (but no LMIA) job offer.
(total 12 months of Canadian work experience, right?)

English:
IELTS Score 8 (reading 9, Listening 8, Writing 7, Speaking 8.5)

Can someone tell me why I'm ineligible? I have a feeling it's because my 1 year full time experience is from 2 different jobs and not one single occupation. Could this be the case?

Thank you,
Milad
so you have only 1 yr experience work overall ? no FSW experience ?

miladi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Thanks for this. I have a feeling, given that I am on a Post Graduate Work Permit, I may have not answered the work related questions correctly.
So here are my answers to the questions:
Date XYZ first became qualified to practice in this occupation: March 2013 (this date is before my entering Canada- when I finished my first masters)
Primary occupation Noc Code: 4162
Does XYZ have a job offer in Canada? YES

Is this job offer for work that is: full-time continuous and for at least one year? YES (My job offer is permanent and full time 37 hours per week)
Four digit code NOC Code: 4162
Job title: Biz analyst
How many employers made this job offer? 1
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? NO
Is XYZ currently working in Canada? Yes
Does XYZ have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? YES (I've been on an Open work permit since Jan 2015 - Study permit before that)
Is XYZ's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? NO
Four digit NOC code of current work permit: 4162 (this is kinda weird as there is no NOC code on my OPEN work permit)
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? NO

Other stuff:
- I have other foreign job experience but it was all self employed consulting work.
- My first 5 months work experience were 40 hours per week and the rest 37.5 hours per week.

Thank you

Itsmee said:
CEC Minimum requirements
You must:

have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization,
meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening),
plan to live outside the province of Quebec.
Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are supposed to enter your both work experience in work history section.(4th section) You are entering that information under Intended work which section is for job supported by LMIA or LMIA exempt job.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The above is correct. You are working under an open work permit, you do not have a valid job offer.

Almost all your answers are incorrect.

miladi

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
This was it! Thanks a lot.
:)
simplynd2804 said:
You are supposed to enter your both work experience in work history section.(4th section) You are entering that information under Intended work which section is for job supported by LMIA or LMIA exempt job.