+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i want to go to canada and marry maxim

Iryna_F

Aug 19, 2010
hello, can anyone help me, i am originally from Ukraine, I came to USA when i married a US Citizen on a K-1 Visa,

we now have been married for almost 5 years, it is good marriage, i have now, 10 year perminent resident green card,

few months ago, i meet max in a chat room, and now, we very in love, he lives in toronto, he is also originally from ukraine,

and now is citizen of canada... i wonder if any knows, what i should do? can i go... to max, with only USA greencard? and canada

will accept me? he has good job, and is almost divorced, from his wife, and 3 children, or is it best..

i wait, and have my USA husband help me... to get my US citizenship 1st..?? than go .. to max, in toronto?

i have no work background, and i have no money.... my US husband.. has pre-nup , so unless i keep married to him.. for 5 full years..

i have nothing.. to bring to canada.. please help any one..

Iryna_F

maxvol

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
>>>>> "few months ago, i meet max in a chat room, and now, we very in love " -
does your american husband know about this

>>>>> "it is good marriage"
You claim its a good marriage but then you are in love with someone on chat, where does your heart lie and where does your mind lie?

>>>>> "i wonder if any knows, what i should do?"
Go back to your husband as you think this is a good marriage

>>>>>> "i wait, and have my USA husband help me... to get my US citizenship 1st..?? than go .. to max, in toronto?"
Are you using your husband to get citizenship if thats the case you can always come to Canada as a visitor while you are on
k-1 visa see max have a wonderful time and then go back to your good marriage

Hope this helps

maxvol

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
He'll have to sponsor you to come to Canada, which basically means:

1) he has to be officially divorced and then marry you
2) you are officially divorced, otherwise immigration will ask the obvious question " why do you want to marry when you are already married to someone else"
3) prove of continuing relationship, such as phone bills, e-mails, and also if both of you have visited each other

I understand that being married to someone else complicates the matter for both of you but you should also look at the situation from the immigration officers point of view, there are questions he'll ask to make sure the relationship is legitimate.
Can he come and settle in the United States, if he is Canadian then it should be easier for him, another alternative would be to consult a good civil and immigration lawyer.
Good luck

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iryna_F said:
i was not "in-love" with US husband, i only want to leave Ukraine, and let husband give me good life,
now , after meeting Max, i very much in love, and yes, husband knows all, he sad, sure... but , he was only useful,
now, i find, "man of my dreams" and wish to be with him, yesterday...
i only want to know, if possible, canada will accept me.. with only greencard, i dont even have a passport any more, my ukraine passport expired 1 year ago..
i dont want to go back to husband, all he can offer is comfort in living, not true love..
Unbelievable that you would use other person like this.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't love your husband, do both of you a favour and leave him. That will probably mean that you will have to find a job to support yourself but you will be independent and have your own money.

A person with a US green card does not need a visit visa to go to Canada for up to 6 months so you can go visit this guy Max and see if you think it will work out. However, it would be smart to get your US citizenship before you go to Canada for any length of time. If US immigration feels that you have moved to Canada permanently, they can take your green card and if that happens, unless Max is willing and able to sponsor you for Canada PR, you will be going back to the Ukraine. Max can in any case not sponsor you unless you manage to live together for 1 year and apply as common law or unless you are both fully divorced and get married to each other.

immiggal

Aug 28, 2010
Hello -

Your U.S marriage does not appear to have been genuine. Immigration does not look favorably on that. I hope there are no children involved.

There has been some good advise given to you on this Forum. I hope you follow it.

Good luck to you.

Immiggal

Iryna_F

Aug 19, 2010
thanks, i went to a immigration lawyer yesterday, he said, my husband wont get in any trouble, if he helps me, as long as he is not required in the final naturalization interview, than it might be a problem.. because he dont want i go... to max

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
I am sorry but people as you make the relationship suck, your married person, you used him for money for 5 years and Usa green card and now you want to run for one he from same country as you. what about your husband.

I know now why relationship and married taking time to be approved because of people as you.

Reactions: tiamo and Dolly143

Kenesha

Nov 16, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
Med's Request
25-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-09-2012
Passport Req..
16/02/14
VISA ISSUED...
03/04/14
LANDED..........
31/07/14
newtone said:
Your story is pretty interesting......what brand do you smoke?
LMAO, I am asking the very same question... or what is she sniffing?

Kenesha

Nov 16, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
Med's Request
25-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-09-2012
Passport Req..
16/02/14
VISA ISSUED...
03/04/14
LANDED..........
31/07/14
So whats the plan? Go to Canada and use Max like you have used your USA husband? Be careful of Karma!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[quote author=Iryna_F]and is almost divorced[/quote]

Like she is almost married :)