AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Apparently refugees are to blame for an influx of applications for C-6 and slow government bureaucracy.

EDIT - further to this it turns out IRB process refugee claims, not IRCC - so bigoted trolls can shout until they are blue in the face that refugees are making them wait longer for status, despite being permanent residents, but its incorrect and inaccurate

https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/Pages/index.aspx
That won't stop IRCC from moving money / resources to IRB. There was a time a few years ago, a strike was held in Canadian embassies. The visa work was then transfered to CIC inside Canada. This has cause the PR sponsorship especially "inland" sponsorship processing time to soar. Even this group is a complete different department from Visa section department, Visa processing took higher priority over everything else, thus resources were being reallocated from CIC inside Canada to deal with TRP processing. With the news focusing on illegal refugees and the expected 2 year time line to process the fake refugees. Public pressure will force Fed Gov to focus on refugee processing. The Fed will want this to go away since election is coming up. The last thing PM Groper Trudeau wants is to be reminded that it was his fault that the surge of illegal fake refugees has happened on his watch. They will take priority to get the time line down as much as possible. So resources will get shifted to achieve this goal. People can yell until they are blue in the face because refugees can take away resources from other departments. It can happen because it has happened before.

Last edited:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Dpenabill,

The only example that was not far fetched was the reversal of the cannabis act and make it illegal again. If the Liberals can quickly change the citizenship act so terrorists can keep citizenship, the PC could easily do the same to minimize damage. If not, put in a lot of restrictions and rules on cannabis use. That was why I didn't comment on it as it is not so far fetched.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Apparently refugees are to blame for an influx of applications for C-6 and slow government bureaucracy.

EDIT - further to this it turns out IRB process refugee claims, not IRCC - so bigoted trolls can shout until they are blue in the face that refugees are making them wait longer for status, despite being permanent residents, but its incorrect and inaccurate

https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/Pages/index.aspx
. . . not to mention the gross indecency and inhumanity of those who would prefer their citizenship applications be processed faster at the expense of making it more difficult for people whose very lives are desperately in need of refuge.

Unfortunately, there are more than a few in Canada with such narcissistic attitudes. It might be tempting to also blame this on the influence of our southern neighbour, where this approach (what's it in for ME) is so prevalent and so often flowing with an undercurrent of blatant racism, but unfortunately bigotry and blind-self-serving attitudes (which ultimately are counter-productive, since homo sapien is a social organism) are in no short supply around the world or here.

Obviously, appealing to our better angels must be a continuing endeavor.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
. . . not to mention the gross indecency and inhumanity of those who would prefer their citizenship applications be processed faster at the expense of making it more difficult for people whose very lives are desperately in need of refuge.

Unfortunately, there are more than a few in Canada with such narcissistic attitudes. It might be tempting to also blame this on the influence of our southern neighbour, where this approach (what's it in for ME) is so prevalent and so often flowing with an undercurrent of blatant racism, but unfortunately bigotry and blind-self-serving attitudes (which ultimately are counter-productive, since homo sapien is a social organism) are in no short supply around the world or here.

It is rather unfortunate that we, as a society, are living in a materialistic world. A lot of people are raised up with high expectations. These people wants 6 figure salary with a house after graduation. People are not taught the value of hard work, the value of money earned, the value of life / work experience. Essentially they are pretty much spoiled. A lot of "what's in it for me" attitude.

Reactions: cheerup

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is rather unfortunate that we, as a society, are living in a materialistic world. A lot of people are raised up with high expectations. These people wants 6 figure salary with a house after graduation. People are not taught the value of hard work, the value of money earned, the value of life / work experience. Essentially they are pretty much spoiled. A lot of "what's in it for me" attitude.
Hey the cons are the best. You have made your point. Can we move to other matters relevant to this forum please.

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015

The delusional logic seems to be:
- the PM tweeted that Canada adheres to its commitment to providing a safe haven for refugees - which is true and simply a fact
- there was an increase in refugee claims in Canada esp. at the border - which is true, but is a result of geopolitical consequences that seem to be conveniently ignored or forgotten by some members of this forum (there was a Syrian refugee crisis pre Truedeau? Trump who? Canada a land of immigrants?...)
- not all claims are legitimate - true, as it has always been
- resources are being diverted from non-refugee immigration channels to deal with “fake illegal refugees” (which is an idiotic nonsensical term used to drum up resentment - you’re either a refugee or you ain’t) - but also just false

The conclusion being “fake illegal refugees” were invited to Canada by liberals and have ruined my chances of a speedy citizenship application - therefore immigration and the federal government created a disaster and slowed down our chances of a passport, now all IRCC case officers will be stoned due to lack of pot regulations (wait, pot had a wees market pre legalization ?) Go figure.

Happy for the thread to turn back to moaning about IP delays and away from politics. Somehow though, somebody keeps sneaking it back in..

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
The delusional logic seems to be:
- the PM tweeted that Canada adheres to its commitment to providing a safe haven for refugees - which is true and simply a fact
- there was an increase in refugee claims in Canada esp. at the border - which is true, but is a result of geopolitical consequences that seem to be conveniently ignored or forgotten by some members of this forum (there was a Syrian refugee crisis pre Truedeau? Trump who? Canada a land of immigrants?...)
- not all claims are legitimate - true, as it has always been
- resources are being diverted from non-refugee immigration channels to deal with “fake illegal refugees” (which is an idiotic nonsensical term used to drum up resentment - you’re either a refugee or you ain’t) - but also just false

The conclusion being “fake illegal refugees” were invited to Canada by liberals and have ruined my chances of a speedy citizenship application - therefore immigration and the federal government created a disaster and slowed down our chances of a passport, now all IRCC case officers will be stoned due to lack of pot regulations (wait, pot had a wees market pre legalization ?) Go figure.

Happy for the thread to turn back to moaning about IP delays and away from politics. Somehow though, somebody keeps sneaking it back in..
You still can't explain that at least 90% of the refugee claim being rejected. In other other words, at least 90% are fake illegal refugees. IRB resources being wasted on them instead of bona fide refugees. So these fake refugees will have access to services they were not entitled to in the first place if they were rejected 2 years later at the hearing. This is no difference from someone losing citizenship if PR or citizenship was obtained by fraud.

If only 5-10 people came across since Trudeau's tweet and all of them 100% were bona fide refugees, we wouldn't be having this conversation. But instead his tweet has attracted more fake illegal refugees trying to take advantage of the system.

Last edited:

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
The only person who needs to explain a stat is the person who has cited it - not me. Where is that stat coming from? Let's be honest, it was made up for the sake of argument or ripped of from some obscure right wing media outlet / politician / tweet.

Some quick research using stats Canada will show that in 2017 refugee acceptance rates were about 70% approved - and again that it was done by the IRB, not the IRCC. If you look at the data, the percentage of "bonafide" refugees have actually increased since the government changed.

Given how much one cares about the % of "bonafide" refugees - does that mean we have new federal government supporters?

At this stage, there is literally no proof or evidence that a single tweet has generated anything. Even if the stat was not fake and made up, which it is, that's still not proof. I have no doubt there will be a response with some new conspiracy to do with fake illegal refugees - waiting with baited breath.

Also 'fake illegal refugees' is not a thing - it literally makes zero sense. You are either eligible as a refugee or you are not. It's like saying Fake permanent resident for somebody who applied and isn't eligible - or Fake citizen. The only fake thing is the nonsense being peddled for reasons as to why our applications are taking so long.

Reactions: rasmy

ohhhhusa

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Reading some of these posts makes me sad. I didn’t expect this coming from fellow immigrants. But I guess once you make it, you forget your struggles.
These refugees are just people trying to get a better life for them and their children. Just because you don’t qualify as a political refugee does not mean you don’t deserve to be in Canada. A lot of countries are poorly run and these are just innocent victims who have no other choice. Most people would rather be in their own country close to their families but you can’t just sit around and starve to death.
I know a man who flew from Africa to Brazil then literally walked across the Amazon and bused through 5 or 6 countries for 2 months all the way to the USA just to be jailed and deported 8 months later. So don’t think those people have it easy.
I know another man from Syria who did the same in 2013, took him 2 years because he was detained in Columbia, Panama and Mexico for months. That man is now in Canada still waiting for his family to join him because IRCC is taking its sweet time.
How can you blame people like this for your application being a little slow? Those cases are more urgent than ours whether you like it or not. I honestly can’t believe how easy it is to become a Canadian citizen, we are very lucky. I’m not good at math but last time I checked, 150 days is still within 12 months. I know waiting on the IRCC is hard (trust me, my pr application took 4 years, one of which I didn’t even have a valid work permit), but come on! Don’t be selfish guys, you’re over here crying, complaining and blaming fellow immigrants because your passport won’t be ready in time for your next vacation? How’s a Canadian passport gonna change your lives unless you wanna leave Canada as soon as possible?
Let’s just be glad we don’t have to deal with IRCC and scumbag immigration lawyers for the rest of our lives after this and wish good luck to the new immigrants whether they crossed the border legally or illegally.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Reading some of these posts makes me sad. I didn’t expect this coming from fellow immigrants. But I guess once you make it, you forget your struggles.
These refugees are just people trying to get a better life for them and their children. Just because you don’t qualify as a political refugee does not mean you don’t deserve to be in Canada. A lot of countries are poorly run and these are just innocent victims who have no other choice. Most people would rather be in their own country close to their families but you can’t just sit around and starve to death.
I know a man who flew from Africa to Brazil then literally walked across the Amazon and bused through 5 or 6 countries for 2 months all the way to the USA just to be jailed and deported 8 months later. So don’t think those people have it easy.
I know another man from Syria who did the same in 2013, took him 2 years because he was detained in Columbia, Panama and Mexico for months. That man is now in Canada still waiting for his family to join him because IRCC is taking its sweet time.
How can you blame people like this for your application being a little slow? Those cases are more urgent than ours whether you like it or not. I honestly can’t believe how easy it is to become a Canadian citizen, we are very lucky. I’m not good at math but last time I checked, 150 days is still within 12 months. I know waiting on the IRCC is hard (trust me, my pr application took 4 years, one of which I didn’t even have a valid work permit), but come on! Don’t be selfish guys, you’re over here crying, complaining and blaming fellow immigrants because your passport won’t be ready in time for your next vacation? How’s a Canadian passport gonna change your lives unless you wanna leave Canada as soon as possible?
Let’s just be glad we don’t have to deal with IRCC and scumbag immigration lawyers for the rest of our lives after this and wish good luck to the new immigrants whether they crossed the border legally or illegally.
Was agreeing with you up until this point, then you lost me right there: so it’s ok to do things illegally ? If it is ok to cross the border illegally just to “have a better life”, how is it different from stealing or robbing a bank just to “have a better life “? Many people in this forum came to Canada for a better life and they did it legally, going through all kinds of struggles and sacrifices , if it is ok to just cross the border illegally and get settled with government assistance even without being qualified as refugees , then that’s a big slap on the face of everybody who got here legally

Reactions: screech339

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well put. Many of these refugees have gone through hell. But i guess haters are everywhere be it in the US or here in Canada. I cannot figure out why some members on this forum see refugees and other immigrants as a threat.

Reactions: ohhhhusa

ohhhhusa

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Was agreeing with you up until this point, then you lost me right there: so it’s ok to do things illegally ? If it is ok to cross the border illegally just to “have a better life”, how is it different from stealing or robbing a bank just to “have a better life “? Many people in this forum came to Canada for a better life and they did it legally, going through all kinds of struggles and sacrifices , if it is ok to just cross the border illegally and get settled with government assistance even without being qualified as refugees , then that’s a big slap on the face of everybody who got here legally
I'm sorry but I don't think those 2 things are equal morally.
Would I let someone who crossed the border illegally babysit my kids? Absolutely!
Would I let a bank robber in my house? Nope.
But to each their own.

Last edited:

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Well put. Many of these refugees have gone through hell. But i guess haters are everywhere be it in the US or here in Canada. I cannot figure out why some members on this forum see refugees and other immigrants as a threat.
I'd suggest part of it is tribal (us & them mentality) - being a more "legit" applicant differentiates one against those who are supposedly less deserving because they had to take unofficial and sometimes illegal measures such as crossing a border illegally or using people smugglers to save their lives. People are even happy to make up statistics to be part of the tribe, as you can see above.

The irony is that the same tribalism in nativism is making a comeback in the west - with those "old stock" Canadians as Harper called them, viewing themselves as the real Canadians, and some of the trolls on this board would be viewed as not so legit by many native born Canadians.