+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I took the online citizenship test and it shows "completed" on the ECAS tracker, does that mean my results were validated?

Albo0978

Jun 4, 2021
I took the online citizenship test and it shows "completed" on the ECAS tracker, does that mean my results were validated?
For reference I took the test on May 31 and the ECAS tracker was last updated today, it says

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

Or does this just mean that I took the test and my results are awaiting validation?

Reactions: saou17

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Have you used the new tracking tool? https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register It might have more information. Some users have to wait about a month (or longer) after their test is completed, but that seems to be getting faster.

Bless You

May 25, 2022
I took my citizenship test and my citizenship test status section on my application has been updated to completed. Does that mean I don't have to take the test again and this section has been completed?

Jakke

Star Member
Nov 6, 2021
I took my citizenship test and my citizenship test status section on my application has been updated to completed. Does that mean I don't have to take the test again and this section has been completed?
If everything is completed, then you have to take the test again. But if it says "in progress" or "not started", then it means everything is completed (done), and you do not have to take the test again.

• Wow

Jakke

Star Member
Nov 6, 2021
I don't understand. What do you mean by if everything is completed then I have to take the test again?
You wrote: "I took my citizenship test and my citizenship test status section on my application has been updated to completed. Does that mean I don't have to take the test again and this section has been completed?".

Obviously the test status section being updated to completed does not mean that the test status section has been completed. They are just saying that to trick you. That is why I said you will have to take the test again.

Last edited:
  • Angry

Bless You

May 25, 2022
I will have to take the test again after passing the test? And why would they update the status to completed if I have to do it again? I am just confused.

Jakke

Star Member
Nov 6, 2021
I will have to take the test again after passing the test? And why would they update the status to completed if I have to do it again? I am just confused.
I am also confused. You wrote that the test status section had been updated to completed. You then asked if that means the section has been completed.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Obviously if the Test section says completed it is completed. Period. They won't make you retest the test if they reviewed and validated it. I am also supposing you passed your test.

As to the person who confused you here, they perhaps wanted to joke with you, or have too much on their hand to comment here on someone who was casting their legitimate anxiety about the test.

Reactions: Toronto1971

Jakke

Star Member
Nov 6, 2021
Obviously if the Test section says completed it is completed. Period. They won't make you retest the test if they reviewed and validated it. I am also supposing you passed your test.

As to the person who confused you here, they perhaps wanted to joke with you, or have too much on their hand to comment here on someone who was casting their legitimate anxiety about the test.
The person wrote that the test section for his application has been marked as completed. But he then came here to ask if that means it has been completed. Who has too much time on their hands?

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
The person wrote that the test section for his application has been marked as completed. But he then came here to ask if that means it has been completed. Who has too much time on their hands?
It's fine :) You don't have to answer every person on the forum if they don't make sense to you. You confused the rest of us reading your answer, until I realized you were perhaps poking fun!

Last edited: