+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I think I'm almost approved for PR, not sure what to do, please help!

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hello there
I received a message on my "MyCIC" account today saying: "Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. Before it can be finalized, you must follow the instructions below within 30 days of the date of this letter". There is some information about visas and sending my passport to them and passport size photos if needed. I'm from Poland and my application is being processed in Vienna. I checked and as a Polish citizen to go to Canada I need only that "Electronic Travel Authorization". Do I need to send to them my physical passport or as they also mentioned in that letter: "If you don't need to send us any physical documents, you can simply reply to us by email and confirm your mailing address and attached any additional requested documents..". I'm confused. Has anyone received that kind of letter before?

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello there
I received a message on my "MyCIC" account today saying: "Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. Before it can be finalized, you must follow the instructions below within 30 days of the date of this letter". There is some information about visas and sending my passport to them and passport size photos if needed. I'm from Poland and my application is being processed in Vienna. I checked and as a Polish citizen to go to Canada I need only that "Electronic Travel Authorization". Do I need to send to them my physical passport or as they also mentioned in that letter: "If you don't need to send us any physical documents, you can simply reply to us by email and confirm your mailing address and attached any additional requested documents..". I'm confused. Has anyone received that kind of letter before?

Thank you
Hi

It is a generic letter sent to everyone. People are expected to then determine for themselves whether they need to send their actual passport, as you have done.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi

It is a generic letter sent to everyone. People are expected to then determine for themselves whether they need to send their actual passport, as you have done.
Thanks a lot

So do I actually need to send it to them in an envelope or just send an email? Also, they also mentioned about two passport size pictures, can those be sent by email?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks a lot

So do I actually need to send it to them in an envelope or just send an email? Also, they also mentioned about two passport size pictures, can those be sent by email?
As you've already stated yourself, you are visa-exempt, so you don't send your actual passport. If the letter doesn't specify that the photos need to be mailed, then I imagine you can email them.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
As you've already stated yourself, you are visa-exempt, so you don't send your actual passport. If the letter doesn't specify that the photos need to be mailed, then I imagine you can email them.
Do I understand correctly that once I send to them what I need to send they are going to sent back that IMM-5688? Can I send those pictures and my passport in the envelope anyway just in case?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Do I understand correctly that once I send to them what I need to send they are going to sent back that IMM-5688? Can I send those pictures and my passport in the envelope anyway just in case?
Yes, they will send your COPR. Do NOT send your passport.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Yes, they will send your COPR. Do NOT send your passport.
ok, I won't send it then.
Also wanted to ask. There is a paragraph about photos and it states:
"
Two Passport-sized photographs as per Canadian norms
These photos will be used for your IMM-5688 form and for your Permanent Resident Card after your arrival in Canada. Please note that IRCC requirements for photographs differ from those of the European Union. Our photograph specifications can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf.
Depending if you already provided photographs or where you submitted your application, you may have to submit photos.
a) You have to submit photos if:
o You submitted your application online (such as under Express Entry)"

Are they going to physically attach the photo to the IMM-5688? I applied online through Express Entry and that was the reason I asked if I should send them in an envelope (physically) or by email.
Also when I clicked on the link above (about photo requirements) on the bottom of the page it says:
"
*The back of one (1) photograph must:
- bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio
- bear the date the photograph was taken
- the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable"

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot for your input btw

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ok, I won't send it then.
Also wanted to ask. There is a paragraph about photos and it states:
"
Two Passport-sized photographs as per Canadian norms
These photos will be used for your IMM-5688 form and for your Permanent Resident Card after your arrival in Canada. Please note that IRCC requirements for photographs differ from those of the European Union. Our photograph specifications can be found at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf.
Depending if you already provided photographs or where you submitted your application, you may have to submit photos.
a) You have to submit photos if:
o You submitted your application online (such as under Express Entry)"

Are they going to physically attach the photo to the IMM-5688? I applied online through Express Entry and that was the reason I asked if I should send them in an envelope (physically) or by email.
Also when I clicked on the link above (about photo requirements) on the bottom of the page it says:
"
*The back of one (1) photograph must:
- bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio
- bear the date the photograph was taken
- the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable"

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot for your input btw
Yes, a photo will be physically attached to the COPR. I would mail them in.