+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I submitted the open work permit along with inland PR application. Was this ok?

rana1808

May 26, 2024
I did the same for my husband. Applied on Dec 12th for PR and OWP at the same time. I got my AOR in january. I read on IRCC website that it takes 3 months to get the OWP so got worried and decided to send them a webform they replied saying that he does meet eligibility criteria. So i called IRCC they said your husband needs to get his AOR in order to process his OWP. The question is, is it normal procedure ? Why is it taking so much time to get his AOR? Im hopless

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I did the same for my husband. Applied on Dec 12th for PR and OWP at the same time. I got my AOR in january. I read on IRCC website that it takes 3 months to get the OWP so got worried and decided to send them a webform they replied saying that he does meet eligibility criteria. So i called IRCC they said your husband needs to get his AOR in order to process his OWP. The question is, is it normal procedure ? Why is it taking so much time to get his AOR? Im hopless
What do you mean? You have to be a PR to sponsor you husband under family class sponsorship.
How did you get your AOR in January? What is the AOR you got in January for? (confusing on what you mean by apply for PR and OWP.) Did you apply to sponsor your husband in Dec? If you applied to sponsor and got the AOR, you can not apply for OWP for him.

For family class sponsorship (inland or outland), you can only apply for OWP (for the PA) after AOR and when PA is in Canada.

rana1808

May 26, 2024
What do you mean? You have to be a PR to sponsor you husband under family class sponsorship.
How did you get your AOR in January? What is the AOR you got in January for?

For family class sponsorship (inland or outland), you can only apply for OWP (for the PA) after AOR and when PA is in Canada.
Im a canadian citizen applied for husband PR inland. But we got great news today, quebec approved his application and we got a letter for my husband to do his medical exam. I guess thats the last step right?
How did you get your AOR in January? What is the AOR you got in January for? (confusing on what you mean by apply for PR and OWP.) Did you apply to sponsor your husband in Dec? If you applied to sponsor and got the AOR, you can not apply for OWP for him.

Hi im a canadian citizen applied for PR inland for my husband. Got news today to do his medical test (after being approved from quebec) so i was told that is the last step correct? I read it takes about 3 months afterwards to get PR! Now in regards of the OWP i sent them a webform

Hi im a canadian citizen applied for PR inland for my husband. Got news today to do his medical test (after being approved from quebec) so i was told that is the last step correct? I read it takes about 3 months afterwards to get PR! Now in regards of the OWP i sent them a webform to check on the status

Hi im a canadian citizen applied for PR inland for my husband. Got news today to do his medical test (after being approved from quebec) so i was told that is the last step correct? I read it takes about 3 months afterwards to get PR! Now in regards of the OWP i sent them a webform to check on the status

im a citizen applied for my husband PR and OWP in December (inland) Yesterday we got the letter saying that he has to do a medical exam! I guess its good news and i read that its the last step. Some people also got their PR after a month is it possible?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Im a canadian citizen applied for husband PR inland. But we got great news today, quebec approved his application and we got a letter for my husband to do his medical exam. I guess thats the last step right?

Hi im a canadian citizen applied for PR inland for my husband. Got news today to do his medical test (after being approved from quebec) so i was told that is the last step correct? I read it takes about 3 months afterwards to get PR! Now in regards of the OWP i sent them a webform

im a citizen applied for my husband PR and OWP in December (inland) Yesterday we got the letter saying that he has to do a medical exam! I guess its good news and i read that its the last step. Some people also got their PR after a month is it possible?
I am not familiar with Quebec process. They have different timeline and steps compare to other provinces.
Good luck with his application. I think it doesn't hurt to apply for OWP though.

rana1808

May 26, 2024
I am not familiar with Quebec process. They have different timeline and steps compare to other provinces.
Good luck with his application. I think it doesn't hurt to apply for OWP though.
IRCC sent him letter to do the medical exam is it one of the last steps to get PR?