+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I submitted the open work permit along with inland PR application. Was this ok?

Mikey Jr.

Apr 23, 2023
So I applied for PR for my Thai wife. We applied inland and she is currently living in Canada with me.

When I submitted her PR application, I also submitted form imm5710e (open work permit) and I also submitted the correct fee for it within the same application.

This was back in mid-july.

Was this incorrect? Should I have submitted it completely separately? Or is everything ok, I just have to wait? Or should I submit the form again?

I'm not sure if the form is ok and we just have to wait, or they are ignoring the form because it was submitted with the PR application?

Thanks everyone.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. The rules changed (late last year, perhaps) regarding the OWP for a sponsored spouse or partner.

Now a sponsorship applicant must wait until they receive the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) email from IRCC before they are eligible to submit an OWP application. It is now critical that your wife maintain her visitor status until she receives the AOR email.
If she loses her current status before the AOR arrives, she may not qualify for the OWP and would need to wait until she reaches the AIP (Approval in Principle) stage...which could take a few months, or more. She would also be without status during that period of time, which is never recommended.

Reactions: Ninjaturtle

Ninjaturtle

Jan 2, 2012
What it the AIP ? I have not read about this, only the AOR. Thanks :)

No. The rules changed (late last year, perhaps) regarding the OWP for a sponsored spouse or partner.

Now a sponsorship applicant must wait until they receive the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) email from IRCC before they are eligible to submit an OWP application. It is now critical that your wife maintain her visitor status until she receives the AOR email.
If she loses her current status before the AOR arrives, she may not qualify for the OWP and would need to wait until she reaches the AIP (Approval in Principle) stage...which could take a few months, or more. She would also be without status during that period of time, which is never recommended.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What it the AIP ? I have not read about this, only the AOR. Thanks :)
Approval in Principle. It only applies to inland applications and typically comes late or very late in the process.

Reactions: Ninjaturtle

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So I applied for PR for my Thai wife. We applied inland and she is currently living in Canada with me.

When I submitted her PR application, I also submitted form imm5710e (open work permit) and I also submitted the correct fee for it within the same application.

Was this incorrect? Should I have submitted it completely separately? Or is everything ok, I just have to wait? Or should I submit the form again?

I'm not sure if the form is ok and we just have to wait, or they are ignoring the form because it was submitted with the PR application?

Thanks everyone.
When did she enter Canada? If she has been in Canada for longer than six months, has she applied to extend her visitor status?

PoojaP17

Nov 10, 2023

Thanks everyone.

My OWP was also submitted with my PR application, it was done through a representative. My submission date was August 17th 2023. I didn't face any issues as of now. I checked with IRCC agent. He also confirmed that wp was in progress
Did you receive the work permit application number when you submitted it?

Ninjaturtle

Jan 2, 2012
Thanks!:) I had not heard of this, I just read about it now.. do you know if it takes a long time to receive the AOR? I will be applying inland for my husband.

Approval in Principle. It only applies to inland applications and typically comes late or very late in the process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks!:) I had not heard of this, I just read about it now.. do you know if it takes a long time to receive the AOR? I will be applying inland for my husband.
Can take 2-3 months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My OWP was also submitted with my PR application, it was done through a representative. My submission date was August 17th 2023. I didn't face any issues as of now. I checked with IRCC agent. He also confirmed that wp was in progress
No guarantees it won’t still be denied because you didn’t wait to get AOR before applying.

Ninjaturtle

Jan 2, 2012
Did you get the OWP??

PoojaP17

Nov 10, 2023
Did you send your AOR when you received it? So then if means it's not worth sending the OWP application at the same time then.
I didn't send the AOR to them actually, i need to ask my representative if they did this or if it was required.

People submitting along with the PR Application are also getting it actually. I have seen cases for that as well.
These things are just random for now.

But it is better to submit it once you receive AOR. We just followed whatever our representative told

Have you joined any WhatsApp group yet according to your PR application submission month?

Ninjaturtle

Jan 2, 2012
Yeah, I think it's because it's still a new procedure, because not long ago, we were supposed to send at the same time.

No I haven't joined a WhatsApp group because we have not sent our application yet, we will do it shortly, we are waiting for my partner's police certificate before. If should be here this week. We are in Quebec anyways so it will take forever to get PR :confused:

QUOTE="PoojaP17, post: 10685292, member: 1170088"]
I didn't send the AOR to them actually, i need to ask my representative if they did this or if it was required.

People submitting along with the PR Application are also getting it actually. I have seen cases for that as well.
These things are just random for now.

But it is better to submit it once you receive AOR. We just followed whatever our representative told

Have you joined any WhatsApp group yet according to your PR application submission month?
[/QUOTE]

Ogevic

May 23, 2023
Category........
VISIT

Thanks everyone.