+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I STILL don't have my PR Card

Desdemona

Feb 14, 2011
I landed on February 16 of this year, and still don't have my PR Card. Should I be worried? Would it do any good to call the Immigration hotline?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desdemona said:
I landed on February 16 of this year, and still don't have my PR Card. Should I be worried? Would it do any good to call the Immigration hotline?
Well six to eight weeks is normal, it can take longer - call them if you want to.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Desdemona said:
It is 32 business days + mailing time.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

It is 32 business days + mailing time.
OK, I will try and be more accurate next time....

Six full weeks and two days, plus mailing time - give or take a few furlongs :)

Desdemona

Feb 14, 2011
Well, I called them today. They said it is beyond the usual time, the records didn't show it being mailed, and asked me to confirm my address, phone number, etc. The woman said that she would follow up on it, and if I hadn't received it by May 4, to call them again. Wouldn't you know it, the card shows up in the mail today. All's well that ends well, right? Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my question.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desdemona said:
Well, I called them today. They said it is beyond the usual time, the records didn't show it being mailed, and asked me to confirm my address, phone number, etc. The woman said that she would follow up on it, and if I hadn't received it by May 4, to call them again. Wouldn't you know it, the card shows up in the mail today. All's well that ends well, right? Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my question.
So, 33 working days :)