13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Aug 19, 2018
Hi guys, I am in the same situation of some people. I am computer engineer but my work field is NOC2175 and work with it for 8 years(I never worked as engineer). SINP asked me to get APEGS because of my bachelor, however it does not make any sense because most of subjects I never needed. They should analyze just programming subjects and probably it could take less time than 1 year. This licensure should be necessary for NOC2147(computer engineer) not for developers. Anybody knows some information about my case? Thank you guys.

suren44

May 12, 2018
Does anyone remember the exact date when the SINP changed their licensure requirements for the NOC 2173 from CIPS to APEGS (i.e. CIPS for the software designers and APEGS for the softwarer engineers respectively)? As initially they were only required applicant's to submit CIPS certificate.

nick_kd07

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Does anyone remember the exact date when the SINP changed their licensure requirements for the NOC 2173 from CIPS to APEGS (i.e. CIPS for the software designers and APEGS for the softwarer engineers respectively)? As initially they were only required applicant's to submit CIPS certificate.
It was never mentioned on there site..

subba

May 17, 2018
canadapr1982Star Member
94 3
I applied license under NOC 2173 and I got approved around 8 -12 weeks from CIPS.....I am not sure about this is the license or not as I got I.S.P. approval letter and Certificate from CIPS in which they mention membership number. So, May be membership number is License which SINP are talking about.But one more thing not in any document which I got from CIPS, they can't mention any NOC number like that.
I applied for the I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience Route (http://www.cips.ca/EdplusEx). Under this route you are required to have your official transcripts sent to us directly from your educational institutions, along with a Canadian course-by-course equivalency assessment (assessment centers listed in application). If your course-by-course equivalency assessment indicates that they received your official transcripts directly from your school(s) then you can have the assessment center mail us an official copy of your assessment instead of having your school mail us your official transcripts.

Yes, the application fee is $250. You can pay the membership fee $350 now or at the time you are approved.
Also need the completed application form, your Code of Ethics exam certificate, and your experience letters as indicated in the application form.

Below is the address you can tell WES to send your course-by-course official transcripts directly to them:
CIPS, 60 Bristol Rd E, Unit 8, #324, Mississauga, ON, L4Z 3K8
hi sir , i applied for cips licence I.S.P under the Education Plus Experience Route, cips licensee approval time is 8 months now a days , once if we will get cips licence mean how many months will take for nomination sir , after you submited cips licence to sinp how many months took for nomination for sinp , pls reply me sir , thanks

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
hi sir , i applied for cips licence I.S.P under the Education Plus Experience Route, cips licensee approval time is 8 months now a days , once if we will get cips licence mean how many months will take for nomination sir , after you submited cips licence to sinp how many months took for nomination for sinp , pls reply me sir , thanks
You cannot apply to SINP anymore under 2173 or 2175 noc. Since they have been removed from SINP In-Demand Occupation list

subba

May 17, 2018
You cannot apply to SINP anymore under 2173 or 2175 noc. Since they have been removed from SINP In-Demand Occupation list
i applied in jan-01-2018 , my file status is "in process", i am waiting for cips license certificate ,

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
First of all as of now I am not nominated yet. When I was applied on 1st jan under NOC 2173, the requirement was CIPS, I submitted my CIPS license on 1st Jan itself but now the requirement is APEGS. So, now I am waiting for APEGS license, I got ADR for APEGS and my status in OASIS profile is WOA, once I will submit my license, it depends upon visa officer when he/she will review my file.Normally, once we submit all docs after ADR, they will take time between 1 to 3 months but I saw cases applicant can nominated within couple of days after submitted ADR docs.

subba

May 17, 2018
First of all as of now I am not nominated yet. When I was applied on 1st jan under NOC 2173, the requirement was CIPS, I submitted my CIPS license on 1st Jan itself but now the requirement is APEGS. So, now I am waiting for APEGS license, I got ADR for APEGS and my status in OASIS profile is WOA, once I will submit my license, it depends upon visa officer when he/she will review my file.Normally, once we submit all docs after ADR, they will take time between 1 to 3 months but I saw cases applicant can nominated within couple of days after submitted ADR docs.
thanks for your reply sir , if you are Btech degree holder means why they are asking for CIPS license for you ,

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
@ashuindian, I applied for APEGS EIT certification on 9th Dec 2017 but it went to "in-progress" status only on 16th March 2018. Typically, It takes 1 year time as per their website. Can you please let me know if you have any idea what is chance of getting certification earlier? is there anyway to request to expedite the application (I sent a request mail to their email id but couldn't get any response).

My SINP application is hold due to EIT certification until 10th Dec 2018. I am getting nervous as it is getting late for me. Thanks
Hey @spremkr2001 , have you received your APEGS certification, it's been year now.

I got my CIPS after 9 months, but i need APEGS as i have engineering degree, which is in progress since Apr 2018.

spremkr2001

Oct 27, 2017
Hey @spremkr2001 , have you received your APEGS certification, it's been year now.

I got my CIPS after 9 months, but i need APEGS as i have engineering degree, which is in progress since Apr 2018.
I am still waiting for EIT Certification. As per APEGS, they received 2000 application Between Jan-July 2018 which is causing delay. Previously, they used to get only 900 application for whole year. This is another reasons why SINP removed most of the regulated profession from occupation list.

As you know they never give any estimated date so there is no option other than just waiting.

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019
I am still waiting for EIT Certification. As per APEGS, they received 2000 application Between Jan-July 2018 which is causing delay. Previously, they used to get only 900 application for whole year. This is another reasons why SINP removed most of the regulated profession from occupation list.

As you know they never give any estimated date so there is no option other than just waiting.
That's insane, how applications received post your application could delay your certification. Try to follow up with apegs, although I know anything related to Saskatchewan is insane like SINP.