+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I request people who applied for a study permit in or after April of this year to share their timeline, I am in a huge dilemma regarding sds vs n.sds.

Kimberly Farley

May 16, 2022
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
30-04-2022
Med's Done....
06-05-2022
You really doing great job! I appreciate your kind help and sincerity helping out. Most persons will give you answers to what they don’t have idea of.

but your case differs… God bless you
Thanks! This forum helped me a lot when I prepared for my study permit application, so I want to make my contributions as well while waiting for the result.

Reactions: Raj12344321

Raj12344321

Apr 21, 2022
When filling out the questionnaire, there is a note saying "This information is for reference only and no immigration decision will be made based on your answers. If you choose to apply, your application will be considered by an immigration officer in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, without regard to any outcome you attain through this questionnaire", so I don't think it will result in a rejection.

That being said, I want to make sure if you really need to "lie" in the questionnaire to enter the Non-SDS stream. One "No" to certain questions can get you into the Non-SDS stream, including:
  • Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
  • Do you have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of at least $10,000?
  • Did you pay your first year's tuition in full?
  • Have you taken a language test in the past 2 years? and Were all your results for listening, reading, writing and speaking on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) a 6.0 or higher?
If your answers are all yes, I recommend changing the answer for upfront medical exam to NO, because the Non-SDS stream doesn't have separate slot for upfront medical exam anyway, and you can always submit it in your client information.
Yup my answers were all yes till now apart from the tuition fees. The reason I put upfront medical as Yes is because I heard from a few people that apparently even tho they don't have a slot , if I attach my medical report and have that answer as yes then it speeds up the process. Same reason with the IELTS test results as well.

Kimberly Farley

May 16, 2022
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
30-04-2022
Med's Done....
06-05-2022
Yup my answers were all yes till now apart from the tuition fees. The reason I put upfront medical as Yes is because I heard from a few people that apparently even tho they don't have a slot , if I attach my medical report and have that answer as yes then it speeds up the process. Same reason with the IELTS test results as well.
Actually I was in the same situation when I applied. I eventually changed the IELTS question but still submitted the test scores... Though I'm still waiting for the result, I think it will be fine.. After all the questionnaire is not part of the application, and the vo makes decisions only based on the materials we submit.

Raj12344321

Apr 21, 2022
Actually I was in the same situation when I applied. I eventually changed the IELTS question but still submitted the test scores... Though I'm still waiting for the result, I think it will be fine.. After all the questionnaire is not part of the application, and the vo makes decisions only based on the materials we submit.
I see. Try checking their websites once. I too was waiting for the ielts TRF but apparently they only do eTRFs these days and the body that hosts these tests here posted the eTRFs online even tho it isn't explicitly mentioned anywhere that they won't send via post, which is how I got it in 2020.

Kimberly Farley

May 16, 2022
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
30-04-2022
Med's Done....
06-05-2022
I have a friend who was qualified for sds, but answered NO to the upfront medical exam question and submitted the medical exam information sheet together with the application. I just got her massage that she received the ppr (two months after application). Hope the news gives you a little comfort...

Raj12344321

Apr 21, 2022
I have a friend who was qualified for sds, but answered NO to the upfront medical exam question and submitted the medical exam information sheet together with the application. I just got her massage that she received the ppr (two months after application). Hope the news gives you a little comfort...
I am worried about the part where it took 2 months. Since some people who have the upfront medical answered as yes got theirs in like 8-10 days , a few weeks ago, ofcourse that might change but who knows. These study permit procedures are like black boxes.

Kimberly Farley

May 16, 2022
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
30-04-2022
Med's Done....
06-05-2022
I am worried about the part where it took 2 months. Since some people who have the upfront medical answered as yes got theirs in like 8-10 days , a few weeks ago, ofcourse that might change but who knows. These study permit procedures are like black boxes.
Actually two months is not long for us... I don't how it works for your country, but for China, if you applied with a master program, it often takes two months and above... Those who get ppr in about ten days are either undergraduate or post-baccalaureate diploma/certificate applicant...

Raj12344321

Apr 21, 2022
Actually two months is not long for us... I don't how it works for your country, but for China, if you applied with a master program, it often takes two months and above... Those who get ppr in about ten days are either undergraduate or post-baccalaureate diploma/certificate applicant...
Ahh I see, it might have been influenced by luck. I am worried about it taking 2 months because that's all the time I have left so if something goes wrong there's no time to rectify anything. I'll have one shot basically.

Kimberly Farley

May 16, 2022
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
30-04-2022
Med's Done....
06-05-2022
Ahh I see, it might have been influenced by luck. I am worried about it taking 2 months because that's all the time I have left so if something goes wrong there's no time to rectify anything. I'll have one shot basically.
Me too... All I can do right now is pray...

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Even I will be applying in mid June,should I go for SDS or Non SDS?I had applied under SDS in Nov 2021,got ppr,but now changing uni,so reapplying.

Raj12344321

Apr 21, 2022
Even I will be applying in mid June,should I go for SDS or Non SDS?I had applied under SDS in Nov 2021,got ppr,but now changing uni,so reapplying.
Hard to say tbh but non SDS seems to be no worse than SDS at the very least even tho there's a small chance it might be better. However remember it has a higher chance of rejection too so depending on your profile you should go for it.