+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I RECEIVED PASSPORT BACK WITHOUT VISA OR COPR

a.adenike

Jun 15, 2020
Hi everyone, hope you guys are staying safe.
I got my much-awaited passport back today having submitted it about 2 months ago. I was shocked to find neither CoPR nor VISA in the envelope.
Can anyone explain what's going on? Why did IRCC request for my passport if they were not going to do anything with it? I'm deeply dissatisfied. Nothing was explained.

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Hi, you can try emailing or calling the consulate or regional center you had sent your passport to. Also what does your express entry profile show as status

a.adenike

Jun 15, 2020
Thanks.
My status shows "in progress"
Below message was their response to the email I sent which I think is just a generic message :

"For those who DO NOT have to travel to Canada for essential purposes
If you have an application in process but do not need to travel to Canada for an essential purpose, please know that:
· you do not need to contact IRCC unless you wish to withdraw your application or have other urgent need to come to Canada
· your application will be held in process until the restrictions on travel are lifted, and service returns to normal, and
· no application in process will be closed or refused because of documents missing or action not taken on your part (medical or biometrics) due to COVID-19 interruptions.
Until we resume normal operations at our visa offices, if you need to resubmit your enquiry or have an immigration question, please contact us through the IRCC web form"