+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Obtained 1 year work permit instead of 3 years

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Thank you so much for replying.
How long it took in your case?
14-Jan-2023 : Applied for PGWP (after completing 16 months Master's course)
28-Mar-2023 : 1 Year PGWP Approved, I was shocked !!
29-Mar-2023 : 1st Call with IRCC Agent and Webform raised with letter of explanation asking for 3 Year PGWP. Reconsideration flag raised.
11-Apr-2023 : 2nd Call with IRCC Agent, and he also said that reconsideration flag has been raised and to wait for 2 months at least. Webform raised.
05-May-2023 : 3rd Webform raised (most of the content is now being repeated). Got a reply from IRCC stating that docs are received and not to re-raise.
29-May-2023 : ATIP Request raised to figure out what happened
23-Jun-2023 : 3 year PGWP Approved on IRCC GCKey (waiting to receive physical WP at my address now)
29-Jun-2023 : Received PGPWP 3 Year Hard Copy at my address

Batmanboxers

Nov 5, 2022
14-Jan-2023 : Applied for PGWP (after completing 16 months Master's course)
28-Mar-2023 : 1 Year PGWP Approved, I was shocked !!
29-Mar-2023 : 1st Call with IRCC Agent and Webform raised with letter of explanation asking for 3 Year PGWP. Reconsideration flag raised.
11-Apr-2023 : 2nd Call with IRCC Agent, and he also said that reconsideration flag has been raised and to wait for 2 months at least. Webform raised.
05-May-2023 : 3rd Webform raised (most of the content is now being repeated). Got a reply from IRCC stating that docs are received and not to re-raise.
29-May-2023 : ATIP Request raised to figure out what happened
23-Jun-2023 : 3 year PGWP Approved on IRCC GCKey (waiting to receive physical WP at my address now)
29-Jun-2023 : Received PGPWP 3 Year Hard Copy at my address

How didyou raise a webform, can you please tell me the message you filled and the subject?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
How didyou raise a webform, can you please tell me the message you filled and the subject?
Webform is the general one : https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx and I generally outlined that I received a 1 year permit instead of 3 year permit whereas my study period was for 16 months on a full time. I also explained that I had 4 months of co-op internship as part of my course work and showed that was an essential part of my studies on my transcript and letters. Basically wrote this in a LOE letter and created 1 single file with LOE and supporting documents and uploaded it to the webform. I put in a condensed version of the LOE in the text box on the webform. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Batmanboxers

Batmanboxers

Nov 5, 2022
Thank
Webform is the general one : https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx and I generally outlined that I received a 1 year permit instead of 3 year permit whereas my study period was for 16 months on a full time. I also explained that I had 4 months of co-op internship as part of my course work and showed that was an essential part of my studies on my transcript and letters. Basically wrote this in a LOE letter and created 1 single file with LOE and supporting documents and uploaded it to the webform. I put in a condensed version of the LOE in the text box on the webform. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot, what supporting documents do we need to submit? Apart from Course Compeletion Letters, are there any?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Thank

Thanks a lot, what supporting documents do we need to submit? Apart from Course Compeletion Letters, are there any?
Add all relevant documents like transcripts, course completion letter, add certificate of enrollment for all semesters enrolled (if your university provides one) and add letter of explanation (most important) before all these documents, describing why you are eligible for 3 year permit instead of 1 year.

manasi@8

Feb 2, 2024
@x11chandrasekhar@iima.ac. i am facing the similar issue currently as you did. I have received 1 year work permit for 2 years of study. I have called IRCC 3 times till now.
29th Jan : 1st call to ask for the reason. I did not get a proper revert from them.
29th Jan : 2nd call (Called them again after a duration of half and hour). This time the agent checked all my documents and confirmed that i have submitted all my document correctly and have studied for 2 years. and she will update on my file for Reconsideration.
1st Feb : 3rd Call to IRCC. I called them to check if the Reconsideration request is reflecting on my file and it is and the agent said that she will flag it.

can you advise me on my below question:
1. How important it is to raise the web form if the Agent has already raised the flag.
2. will it be advisable to reapply or continue with this process.

Nemish71

Jul 28, 2023
Yes, keep submitting the web form. In my case, I forgot to upload 1st year of study document so I have sent the original work permit and documents twice to the Ottawa office for reconsideration. I got my first work permit on July 28 and my correct WP on 15th-17th November. If you know that it's not your mistake then they will & have to fix it for you. So keep trying. IRCC agents will always give you different opinions all the time. I have called them 3 times every month and they even told me that they don't keep a record of phone discussions but they do. Every time I called them they gave me different solutions. Initially, they told me not to send a work permit to Ottawa and iI was declined so I called them again and then they told me not to send it they would speak with the Edmonton team but they never did. And after 2 months of waiting when I called them again one of the agents told me to send the document again with the work permit. Common men I've invested $50k in your country and that's how you handle it.

Reactions: manasi@8

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
@x11chandrasekhar@iima.ac. i am facing the similar issue currently as you did. I have received 1 year work permit for 2 years of study. I have called IRCC 3 times till now.
29th Jan : 1st call to ask for the reason. I did not get a proper revert from them.
29th Jan : 2nd call (Called them again after a duration of half and hour). This time the agent checked all my documents and confirmed that i have submitted all my document correctly and have studied for 2 years. and she will update on my file for Reconsideration.
1st Feb : 3rd Call to IRCC. I called them to check if the Reconsideration request is reflecting on my file and it is and the agent said that she will flag it.

1. How important it is to raise the web form if the Agent has already raised the flag.
When is your passport expiry?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP

I called and also submitted a webform with a lengthy explanation and using the webform allows you to again upload all your transcripts and certificates along with the letter of explanation. Just make sure that the whole document set is 1 single pdf when uploading with the Letter of explanation of why you should get 3 years instead of 1 year on the top of the document. If you wait patiently, and follow up again after say 1 month, you should get it , provided you did 2 year course.

Here is my timeline:
14-Jan-2023 : Applied for PGWP
17-Jan-2023 : Interim Approval letter received
28-Mar-2023 : 1 Year PGWP Approved
29-Mar-2023 : 1st call with IRCC + webform raised
11-Apr-2023 : 2nd call with IRCC + webform raised
04-May-2023 : 3rd webform raised
24-Jun-2023 : 3 Year PGWP Approved

manasi@8

Feb 2, 2024
Yes, keep submitting the web form. In my case, I forgot to upload 1st year of study document so I have sent the original work permit and documents twice to the Ottawa office for reconsideration. I got my first work permit on July 28 and my correct WP on 15th-17th November. If you know that it's not your mistake then they will & have to fix it for you. So keep trying. IRCC agents will always give you different opinions all the time. I have called them 3 times every month and they even told me that they don't keep a record of phone discussions but they do. Every time I called them they gave me different solutions. Initially, they told me not to send a work permit to Ottawa and iI was declined so I called them again and then they told me not to send it they would speak with the Edmonton team but they never did. And after 2 months of waiting when I called them again one of the agents told me to send the document again with the work permit. Common men I've invested $50k in your country and that's how you handle it.
So do we need to attach all the documents each time we submit the web forms?

manasi@8

Feb 2, 2024
I called and also submitted a webform with a lengthy explanation and using the webform allows you to again upload all your transcripts and certificates along with the letter of explanation. Just make sure that the whole document set is 1 single pdf when uploading with the Letter of explanation of why you should get 3 years instead of 1 year on the top of the document. If you wait patiently, and follow up again after say 1 month, you should get it , provided you did 2 year course.

Here is my timeline:
14-Jan-2023 : Applied for PGWP
17-Jan-2023 : Interim Approval letter received
28-Mar-2023 : 1 Year PGWP Approved
29-Mar-2023 : 1st call with IRCC + webform raised
11-Apr-2023 : 2nd call with IRCC + webform raised
04-May-2023 : 3rd webform raised
24-Jun-2023 : 3 Year PGWP Approved
As per your timeline i see you have raised 3 web forms. So each time you raised a web form did you attached all your documents again with the lengthy explanation letter? or just once?

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
As per your timeline i see you have raised 3 web forms. So each time you raised a web form did you attached all your documents again with the lengthy explanation letter? or just once?
Every time I raised the webform, I repeated the same documents and made some minor changes to the LoE , adding a few more details and justifications. (I quoted the IRCC rules for the 3 year work permit and mentioned that my study conditions fulfilled all those criteria)