+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need urgent advice regarding PR application. I will appreciate anybody response to my question

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Pls, I need an advice.

(Pls note: I reside in Canada)

I applied for PR through my lawyer. My lawyer use a paper application to submit documents via mail . Every correspondence mail from IRCC goes to my lawyers office address.
I receive a Biometric Instruction Letter from IRCC through my lawyer. I am currently waiting for a call from Service Canada to do my biometric as it is the new rule IRCC has put in place for PR applicant going for boimetric.

I read on IRCC website that they if an applicant use a representative (i.e lawyer), Service Canada will contact the representative to book a biometric appointment for PR applicants..

Right now, My lawyer is always slow not responding to my calls. so, to avoid missing the call from Service Canada, I want to change my mailing address, email and phone number to mine while RETAIN MY LAWYER AS MY REPRESENTATIVE ON MY APPLICATION.

I have already change the mailing address from my lawyers office address to my personal address, email and phone ONLY. i did NOT remove my lawyer as he is still my representative.

My question is: Will i be able to receive any mail,call or email directly from IRCC to me ? because I dont want it to be mailed to my lawyers office anymore.

Hope to hear from you soon

thanks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Pls, I need an advice.

I applied for PR through my lawyer. My lawyer use a paper application to submit documents via mail . Every correspondence mail from IRCC goes to my lawyers office address.
I receive a Biometric Instruction Letter from IRCC through my lawyer. I am currently waiting for a call from Service Canada to do my biometric as it is the new rule IRCC has put in place for PR applicant going for boimetric.

I read on IRCC website that they if an applicant use a representative (i.e lawyer), Service Canada will contact the representative to book a biometric appointment for PR applicants..

Right now, My lawyer is always slow not responding to my calls. so, to avoid missing the call from Service Canada, I want to change my mailing address, email and phone number to mine while RETAIN MY LAWYER AS MY REPRESENTATIVE ON MY APPLICATION.

I have already change the mailing address from my lawyers office address to my personal address, email and phone ONLY. i did NOT remove my lawyer as he is still my representative.

My question is: Will i be able to receive any mail,call or email directly from IRCC to me ? because I dont want it to be mailed to my lawyers office anymore.

thanks
It’s doesn’t matter you remove him or not all the correspondence will go to him also in to his email address. If you don’t need his service just remove him from application. It’s pretty easy process and also you will be able to login to GC key and receive everything by yourself.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
It’s doesn’t matter you remove him or not all the correspondence will go to him also in to his email address. If you don’t need his service just remove him from application. It’s pretty easy process and also you will be able to login to GC key and receive everything by yourself.
Thanks for the response.

will removing him influence the decision of IRCC on my application ?

my lawyer use a paper application( NOT online ) to submit my application, can i use the GC key to remove him ?

lastly, I have open a GC key. I am very confuse about the setting. there is nothing I am seeing on the screen that show anyhting about my application.
here is the link I use-----> https://services.securekeyconcierge.com/cbs/nav/home-accueil-eng

is that the correct link to do the change ? also, i will like to be able to track the status of my paper application online as well

hope to hear from you

thanks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the response.

will removing him influence the decision of IRCC on my application ?

my lawyer use a paper application( NOT online ) to submit my application, can i use the GC key to remove him ?

lastly, I have open a GC key. I am very confuse about the setting. there is nothing I am seeing on the screen that show anyhting about my application.
here is the link I use-----> https://services.securekeyconcierge.com/cbs/nav/home-accueil-eng

is that the correct link to do the change ? also, i will like to be able to track the status of my paper application online as well

hope to hear from you

thanks
There is no impact of removing your representative although it will be easier for you to access your own application. You have to send form to cancel representative to cic and he will be removed. When you login to gc key you have to goto link a application and then select type of application and fill all details if application and you will find your application. Right now it will say that your application is tied to representative. There will be a form which will be add or remove representative. You fill that form and upload there im the space or box provided and then you can link online application.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/link-your-application-online.516146/

Last edited:

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
There is no impact of removing your representative although it will be easier for you to access your own application. You have to send form to cancel representative to cic and he will be removed. When you login to gc key you have to goto link a application and then select type of application and fill all details if application and you will find your application. Right now it will say that your application is tied to representative. There will be a form which will be add or remove representative. You fill that form and upload there im the space or box provided and then you can link online application.
Thanks for the swift response.

I have log into GC key now. I went to LINK an application. unfortunately, I could not find my application SUB-CATEGORY there. My application with IRCC is a H&C application for PR.

I clicked on CATEGORY as PERMANENT RESIDENT. in the SUB-CATEGORY, I could not find H& C application.
do you know where i find it ?

thanks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the swift response.

I have log into GC key now. I went to LINK an application. unfortunately, I could not find my application SUB-CATEGORY there. My application with IRCC is a H&C application for PR.

do you know where i find it ?

thanks
Can you please copy all the things here so i can let you know how to link. Also follow this thread too.https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/link-your-application-online.516146/

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
I dont know how to post a screenshot of it here as it is not posting

I have copied and pasted what i saw below...

Link an existing application to this account
You can link an application to your account if you:
  • lost your GCKey or Securekey and created a new account,
  • have submitted an application on paper, and want to check the application status and receive messages about your application through this account,
  • need to upload a document to support an application for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
Before your application is linked to your account, we will ask you questions about the application you submitted to make sure it is the correct application.
By linking an application to this account, you are agreeing to have all correspondence sent to this account. This means that correspondence will no longer be sent to you by mail. This begins on the day that you link the account and applies to all future correspondence.
Tell us about the application

Answer the following questions exactly as you did on the application form. If the information matches your application, we will link the application to this account.
If you:
  • left a field blank on your application form, leave it blank in the fields below.
  • have updated any information about your application after you first submitted it, enter the most recent information.

What program did you apply for?
Category (required)
Please selectCitizenshipElectronic Travel Authorization (eTA)Interim Federal Health ProgramPermanent ResidencePermanent Resident CardTemporary ResidenceTemporary Resident Visa
Sub-category (required)

Please selectAgri-Food Immigration PilotAtlantic High Skilled ProgramAtlantic Intermediate Skilled ProgramAtlantic International Graduate ProgramCanadian Experience ClassCaring for Children PathwayCaring for People with high Medical Needs PathwayExpress EntryFamily Class (Child to be adopted in Canada)Family Class (Children adopted by a permanent resident in Canada)Family Class (Common-law partner)Family Class (Conjugal partner)Family Class (Dependent children)Family Class (Orphaned sibling, nephew, niece, or grandchild)Family Class (Other relatives)Family Class (Parent and grandparent)Family Class (Spouses)Federal Skilled TradesFederal Skilled WorkerHome Child Care Provider PilotHome Support Worker PilotIn-Canada Live-In CaregiverIn-Canada Protected Persons and Convention RefugeesProvincial Nominee ProgramQuebec EntrepreneursQuebec InvestorsQuebec-Selected Skilled WorkerRural and Northern Immigration ProgramSelf-employed PersonsSelf-employed Persons - QuebecStart Up Visa

Report a problem or mistake on this page

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
I dont know how to post a screenshot of it here as it is not posting

I have copied and pasted what i saw below...

Link an existing application to this account
You can link an application to your account if you:
  • lost your GCKey or Securekey and created a new account,
  • have submitted an application on paper, and want to check the application status and receive messages about your application through this account,
  • need to upload a document to support an application for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
Before your application is linked to your account, we will ask you questions about the application you submitted to make sure it is the correct application.
By linking an application to this account, you are agreeing to have all correspondence sent to this account. This means that correspondence will no longer be sent to you by mail. This begins on the day that you link the account and applies to all future correspondence.
Tell us about the application

Answer the following questions exactly as you did on the application form. If the information matches your application, we will link the application to this account.
If you:
  • left a field blank on your application form, leave it blank in the fields below.
  • have updated any information about your application after you first submitted it, enter the most recent information.

What program did you apply for?
Category (required)
Please selectCitizenshipElectronic Travel Authorization (eTA)Interim Federal Health ProgramPermanent ResidencePermanent Resident CardTemporary ResidenceTemporary Resident Visa
Sub-category (required)

Please selectAgri-Food Immigration PilotAtlantic High Skilled ProgramAtlantic Intermediate Skilled ProgramAtlantic International Graduate ProgramCanadian Experience ClassCaring for Children PathwayCaring for People with high Medical Needs PathwayExpress EntryFamily Class (Child to be adopted in Canada)Family Class (Children adopted by a permanent resident in Canada)Family Class (Common-law partner)Family Class (Conjugal partner)Family Class (Dependent children)Family Class (Orphaned sibling, nephew, niece, or grandchild)Family Class (Other relatives)Family Class (Parent and grandparent)Family Class (Spouses)Federal Skilled TradesFederal Skilled WorkerHome Child Care Provider PilotHome Support Worker PilotIn-Canada Live-In CaregiverIn-Canada Protected Persons and Convention RefugeesProvincial Nominee ProgramQuebec EntrepreneursQuebec InvestorsQuebec-Selected Skilled WorkerRural and Northern Immigration ProgramSelf-employed PersonsSelf-employed Persons - QuebecStart Up Visa

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Can you please copy all the things here so i can let you know how to link. Also follow this thread too.https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/link-your-application-online.516146/

I have attach a screenshot of the webapage in MS word to to this link belwo. kindly take a look at it. you will notice H&C application option is there

https://filebin.net/f29ceewy1nepq07o

Reactions: Miss bee

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I have attach a screenshot of the webapage in MS word to to this link belwo. kindly take a look at it. you will notice H&C application option is there

https://filebin.net/f29ceewy1nepq07o
Yes yo Select the category you applied for that is program you applied for. Then you select from list provisional nomine and fill the details of application and your details too. Looks like half of page is missing from text you pasted.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Yes yo Select the category you applied for that is program you applied for. Then you select from list provisional nomine and fill the details of application and your details too. Looks like half of page is missing from text you pasted.
the category I applied for is called HUMANITARIAN and COMPASSIONATE PR application. the problem is, It is not listed in any of the category. that is what i am struggling with.

The link you posted is for temporary visa application. it is not the same as mine

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
the category I applied for is called HUMANITARIAN and COMPASSIONATE PR application. the problem is, It is not listed in any of the category. that is what i am struggling with.

The link you posted is for temporary visa application. it is not the same as mine
That’s wrong category. Just let you know you can link application unless you remove representative. When u find application there there will be form you have to fill and upload to remove representative.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Sounds good. I have found it. I have also seen the form. After completing the form, will i need to upload on the IRCC webform ?

After uploading up, how will i get a reply, via email or mail

thanks

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Pls, I need an advice.

thanks
If you reside in Canada, have you given biometrics before for any other type of ircc application? If so, look at the news today. If not, ignore my post. :)