+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need urgent advice regarding PR application. I will appreciate anybody response to my question

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
If you reside in Canada, have you given biometrics before for any other type of ircc application? If so, look at the news today. If not, ignore my post. :)
Sounds good. I have found it. I have also seen the form. After completing the form, will i need to upload on the IRCC webform ?

After uploading up, how will i get a reply, via email or mail

thanks
You will not get any reply when you submit webform but after 4-5 business days you will receive email you have mentioned in web form . Also when did u applied pr application. If you applied after December 4 u have to give biometric otherwise you don’t have to .

WeirdWild

Jun 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
04-03-2016
AOR Received.
03-04-2016
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2016
LANDED..........
03-07-2016
Just want to remind you it might not be a wise decision to remove your lawyer before discussing it with them.
Remove representation does not mean remove their contact information, it means you don't want their service anymore.
I would assume you have paid for their service and their responsibility is to assist you with the full application cycle.
H&C is not just some category - there are often back and forth with the officer & possible interviews. ARE YOU SURE you want to deal with all of these yourself after paid for a lawyer?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Just want to remind you it might not be a wise decision to remove your lawyer before discussing it with them.
Remove representation does not mean remove their contact information, it means you don't want their service anymore.
I would assume you have paid for their service and their responsibility is to assist you with the full application cycle.
H&C is not just some category - there are often back and forth with the officer & possible interviews. ARE YOU SURE you want to deal with all of these yourself after paid for a lawyer?
He didn’t applied for h&c right? What kind of application did you applied for ? I was assuming it was pnp pr application.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
To be honest, i do not plan to remove my lawyer. the problem here is that he claim i disrespted him by asking him some legit questions about my application. he sent me an email claiming he will not be representing me.

I receive a my biometric letter last week. the thing that is putting pressur on me is that IRCC on the website said that SERVICE CANADA will be contacting applicants for biometrics appointment. on their website, it says if an applicant use a representative, Service Canada will contact repersentive book an appointment.

My fear here is that my lawyer might not inform me of the call for biometric. that is my worry. he is no longer picking up my call or responding to my email.

do you think it will be wise if i just change only change the office address to my personal adress so that IRCC can mail me any important document WHILE THE LAWYER NAME STILL WILL APPEAR AS MY REPRESENTATIVE? becos i dont want IRCC to take advantage of me noticing i on my application that I do not have a respresentive any more. i am just want to keep his company name on my file . i will just change that they should send any update to my address or email.. is that a wise move ?

i WILL APPRECIATE your advice

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
To be honest, i do not plan to remove my lawyer. the problem here is that he claim i disrespted him by asking him some legit questions about my application. he sent me an email claiming he will not be representing me.

I receive a my biometric letter last week. the thing that is putting pressur on me is that IRCC on the website said that SERVICE CANADA will be contacting applicants for biometrics appointment. on their website, it says if an applicant use a representative, Service Canada will contact repersentive book an appointment.

My fear here is that my lawyer might not inform me of the call for biometric. that is my worry. he is no longer picking up my call or responding to my email.

do you think it will be wise if i just change only change the office address to my personal adress so that IRCC can mail me any important document WHILE THE LAWYER NAME STILL WILL APPEAR AS MY REPRESENTATIVE? becos i dont want IRCC to take advantage of me noticing i on my application that I do not have a respresentive any more. i am just want to keep his company name on my file . i will just change that they should send any update to my address or email.. is that a wise move ?

i WILL APPRECIATE your advice
If it is only a matter of the call, you can call IRCC and ask them to update your contact number so that you can receive the call yourself. You can explain to them that your lawyer is ill or out of town and may not be able to receive the call, hence you would like to update the phone number on file. I might be very wrong, but I can't imagine why this would be a problem for IRCC. I recently called them and updated an email address, they didn't even ask any extra questions.

Besides, have you given biometrics before in the last 10 years?

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
He didn’t applied for h&c right? What kind of application did you applied for ? I was assuming it was pnp pr application.
It is a Humanitarian & Compassionate application to obtain PR status. he has already submitted my application. He is a good lawyer as most of his cleint that he has help apply for the same application as mine that their case is worst than my case, he always successful in getting a positive result.
I think the name of his company plays a role. i am not sure...thats why i dont want to remove him from my application.

all i want is fro all update to me sent to my address without removing him from my application. is it possible ?

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
If it is only a matter of the call, you can call IRCC and ask them to update your contact number so that you can receive the call yourself. You can explain to them that your lawyer is ill or out of town and may not be able to receive the call, hence you would like to update the phone number on file. I might be very wrong, but I can't imagine why this would be a problem for IRCC. I recently called them and updated an email address, they didn't even ask any extra questions.

Besides, have you given biometrics before in the last 10 years?
Oh! wow....i think that is what i will do tomorrow. i will give IRCC a call tomorrow to update them to use my adress so that i can receive any document or call or update about my application.

Yes, i did bometric within the last 10 years..

what kind of application is yours ?

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Oh! wow....i think that is what i will do tomorrow. i will give IRCC a call tomorrow to update them to use my adress so that i can receive any document or call or update about my application.

Yes, i did bometric within the last 10 years..

what kind of application is yours ?
You do not need to give biometrics in that case. Check the news release today. SC will not call you even if you have a BIL. Look here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html

And if you are still worried, check the validity of your biometrics using your UCI here: https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
You do not need to give biometrics in that case. Check the news release today. SC will not call you even if you have a BIL. Look here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html

And if you are still worried, check the validity of your biometrics using your UCI here: https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery
Yes there is new policy today if you have given biometrics before you are exempt from biometrics.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019

do you mind me asking if you are lawyer ? you seems to be very knowledgeable about serious matter regarding immigration. I never knew it is not necssary to have my biometreic done. how did you get all this brilliant info ?

now, my mind is at rest now...you would just recommend i just only call IRCC tomorrow to change mailing address to mine and tell them my lawyer is out of town and ill so that they can send me any update directly to me?

the reason why i dont want to remove the lawyer from my application is becos is success rate is very high. everybody tha has a H&C application through him that i know personal got their PR through H&C application. so, maintaining his name on my file is important to me

that was the only thing gettting me worried becos I dont miss the call from service canada for a biometric call

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
do you mind me asking if you are lawyer ? you seems to be very knowledgeable about serious matter regarding immigration. I never knew it is not necssary to have my biometreic done. how did you get all this brilliant info ?

now, my mind is at rest now...you would just recommend i just only call IRCC tomorrow to change mailing address to mine and tell them my lawyer is out of town and ill so that they can send me any update directly to me?

the reason why i dont want to remove the lawyer from my application is becos is success rate is very high. everybody tha has a H&C application through him that i know personal got their PR through H&C application. so, maintaining his name on my file is important to me

that was the only thing gettting me worried becos I dont miss the call from service canada for a biometric call
I am not a lawyer, just an applicant like you. Not very knowledgeable either, there are others on the forum with much more experience. But thank you, glad it helps. It was necessary to give biometrics up until now but the exemption was just announced today.

As far as the biometrics thing is concerned, do not worry about that, you are exempted. If you want to still call IRCC for any reason, you can do that between 8-4pm but it's often hard to get through. Keep trying, you'll get through after a few attempts. Usually, I have better luck if I call right around when they open or when they close.

All the best.
p.s. I answered your private message.

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Yes there is new policy today if you have given biometrics before you are exempt from biometrics.
I will like to ask a quick question.
I am not a lawyer, just an applicant like you. Not very knowledgeable either, there are others on the forum with much more experience. But thank you, glad it helps. It was necessary to give biometrics up until now but the exemption was just announced today.

As far as the biometrics thing is concerned, do not worry about that, you are exempted. If you want to still call IRCC for any reason, you can do that between 8-4pm but it's often hard to get through. Keep trying, you'll get through after a few attempts. Usually, I have better luck if I call right around when they open or when they close.

All the best.
p.s. I answered your private message.
Thank you very much. I am very grateful.
kindly check your inbox. I private message a quick question.

Thanks

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
I didn’t got any message.
dont worry, my problem has been solved as all my worries was geared around my biometrics. since IRCC has announce today that PR applicant are exempt from it, it like a breath of fresh air.

if not, it mean, they will need to contact my lawyer for biomtric which i am trying to avoid . i want them to contact me directly...but now, there is no need since all biomtrics is no longer needed,. which means i can still leave my lawyers name on my file pending when a decision is made on my application

Thank for all your response as well. i am very grateful