+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need some advice about Spouse Sponsorship papers

tikestba

Jul 28, 2011
Hi Everyone,
I'm absolutely new this page and I think every kind of advice or additional information will be helpful about my Spouse Sponsorship. My husband is a Canadian citizen. We don't have such a huge history - just 2 and a half years - but we moved and fought for each other a lot...
I think i've never been this kind of scared and stressful like nowadays... in my whole entire life...
We were coming / moving back to Canada together this year, January. Our Wedding was at June.
I applied my visitor visa extension at the beginning of May - still no answer / response...
I was collecting and filling out every kind of papers what we need for the Sponsorship papers. I had to leave the country at 6 July but because I didn't hear anything about my visa extension I'm still here. Our Sponsorship papers are 98% ready to file to Vegreville, Alberta (At least 60 pictures about us from Europe, text messages, joint bank account, e-mails, wedding pictures etc.) My main concern is about my application form, because I'm not too sure what I suppose to write about my current residence information. I'm here, as a visitor, I can write the exact date when I entered the country but I have no clue what should I write the TO part. I don't know when will I leave the country. The system doesn't except the original date (06 July) but I'm scared to write there the date what I asked at my extension (06 December) because so far I still don't know will they accept it or not... :(
Does the visa extension - and my "expired" visitor visa can effect our sponsorship papers?
Probably I'm making bigger problem about it, but I / we would like to fill the papers out as good as possible. I don't wanna see that they will refuse or deny it because one date is missing. Any other additional details or information will be really appreciated too... :)
Thank you and have a nice day!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
I think for the "to" part you can write in "present." So whatever day you entered Canada until present. If you're worried about something you can always put a "please see attached" and write a little paragraph explaining your situation so the VO knows everything and you don't have to worry about them thinking you're lying.

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are willing to stay in Canada out of status if your visa isnt extended then apply in Canada. As a lot of people have been discussing, outland is faster and you can do so even if you are in Canada. So if the extention does not go through you can leave and then come back while waiting. In Europe the timelines are really short, in the same time you coulld have been waiting for initial approval you would probably be landed.