+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need information

YG2127

Sep 20, 2019
Hello guys, I believe my story is worth telling and I might be able to get some help. Anyone with any piece of advice or information is very much appreciated!

I am Yonas, and original I'm from Ethiopia. My aspiration has always been studying. I am sort of good student and I graduated highschool with 3.68 GPA. and then later in 2019, I happened to win a competition to be able to get financial support to study in United States-funded by our Education Ministry! This was one hell of an achievement and I took SAT as soon as possible. I was accepted to every university I have applied to, but I choose Wentworth Tech (probably the second MIT, also found in Massachusetts). I get my visa easily and came to US with 10 years of plan, a road to be the person I always wanted to be.

After I came in US, the education ministry of my country emailed me that I am no longer in the list of student who will be receiving the fund. I was arrested in the same year because of my political oppinion, so I figured it is because of this, my dad also used to had so many problems with the government because of his oppinion.

I'm trying to make my story short, so after their email, It just feels like everything is gone. I couldn't get back to Ethiopia, and I happened to be sick( Anxiety disorder) I have never been alone, like ever. I couldn't also stay in US, so I came here in Canada and claimed asylum. Just write this story in my BOC. currently living and working in Toronto. You can guess how hard is it to live alone and afford your meals and rent..

I think I'm brave, and I just started working as soon as I get my WP. also I applied to MTA, SMU, Western University, and Dalhousie. All of them accepted me. I just need a help on how to tackle my financial situation, ofc I'm trying to save and talk to the universities financial office in the meantime. But I need someone to tell me if I have other options, please and any type of reply is well appreciated!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys, I believe my story is worth telling and I might be able to get some help. Anyone with any piece of advice or information is very much appreciated!

I am Yonas, and original I'm from Ethiopia. My aspiration has always been studying. I am sort of good student and I graduated highschool with 3.68 GPA. and then later in 2019, I happened to win a competition to be able to get financial support to study in United States-funded by our Education Ministry! This was one hell of an achievement and I took SAT as soon as possible. I was accepted to every university I have applied to, but I choose Wentworth Tech (probably the second MIT, also found in Massachusetts). I get my visa easily and came to US with 10 years of plan, a road to be the person I always wanted to be.

After I came in US, the education ministry of my country emailed me that I am no longer in the list of student who will be receiving the fund. I was arrested in the same year because of my political oppinion, so I figured it is because of this, my dad also used to had so many problems with the government because of his oppinion.

I'm trying to make my story short, so after their email, It just feels like everything is gone. I couldn't get back to Ethiopia, and I happened to be sick( Anxiety disorder) I have never been alone, like ever. I couldn't also stay in US, so I came here in Canada and claimed asylum. Just write this story in my BOC. currently living and working in Toronto. You can guess how hard is it to live alone and afford your meals and rent..

I think I'm brave, and I just started working as soon as I get my WP. also I applied to MTA, SMU, Western University, and Dalhousie. All of them accepted me. I just need a help on how to tackle my financial situation, ofc I'm trying to save and talk to the universities financial office in the meantime. But I need someone to tell me if I have other options, please and any type of reply is well appreciated!
If you are an asylum claimant you will need a study permit and you have to pay international fees.