+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help with a new question about being a sponsor...

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
21/11/2011 Passport Request!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!! :)
I am a Canadian citizen born in Canada and my wife is Ecuadorian.
We have a son who was born in Ecuador but has he has his Canadian citizenship.
I was living with my son in Montreal Quebec from May 2009 until this present date.
We came back to see his mother/my wife around the beginning of February and we are here until now.
Just recently we decided to just stay to begin the residency process and wait with her, so we can go together.
We plan on going to Ottawa when she gets her residency, so I find it unnecessary to sponsor her to Quebec.
I want to sponsor her to move to Ottawa Ontario instead.
I have a friend who has a home and he said that he will send me a rental agreement, so I don't have problems on that side.
Now whats stopping me from applying are words directed to Quebec residents such as in the application form IMM 5481 for example :
" Quebec residents need not complete this form".
Now since I want to move to Ottawa with my wife, I need to know if I should fill these applications not intended for Quebec residents???
There is also a question for the applicant, where it asks her to which city she will be moving to. If she types Ottawa, then will I still have to go threw the whole Quebec sponsor process or will it be just the federal sponsor process?

Some one please read carefully and answer if you really know what I can do.

Thank you.

I

iarblue

.But where are you a resident of now?On your forms you will have to tell them where you live?What are you going to put in that section?Are you a resident of Equador?Are you a resident of Quebec?

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
OK, at this moment I am a resident in Quebec because I have a valid health card, residential address but I do not have a job. I came to Ecuador about 4 months ago. I also have my citizenship here in Ecuador.

I am planning on putting my address here in Ecuador because I am also a resident here.
If I apply as a resident from Ecuador then can I sponsor her to any province?

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Can you have a residence in two countries?

I

iarblue

I believe if you are a resident of Quebec and you go to Equador,i am pretty sure you have to be back in Equador for at least one year before you can apply as a redident of Equador.
Your passport what is the address on it,your licence what is the address on it,The only way i can see out of being a resident of quebec is being in Equador for a year have a valid licence there and proof you are living there now.
But we better let a champion answer this one.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
you have left quebec and plan on returning to canada and living in ontario, so on entry your wife will become a PR in ontario, no need to apply as a resident of quebec

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iarblue said:
I believe if you are a resident of Quebec and you go to Equador,i am pretty sure you have to be back in Equador for at least one year before you can apply as a redident of Equador.
Your passport what is the address on it,your licence what is the address on it,The only way i can see out of being a resident of quebec is being in Equador for a year have a valid licence there and proof you are living there now.
But we better let a champion answer this one.
No. He's a Canadian citizen. So he can apply while living outside of Canada.

So Carlo, as far as I understand, you're in Ecuador now and you're planning to stay there until your wife gets PR and then move to Ontario, right? In that case, yes, as Lois says, you definitely don't need to apply as a resident of Quebec. But you will need to submit proof that you plan to return to Canada when your wife gets PR. So having a rental agreement is great. Other things that CIC suggests are:

·letter from an employer;
·letter of acceptance to a Canadian educational institution;
·reasonable plans for re-establishing in Canada or severing ties to the other country.

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
well Lois Lane and Ariell I have not been outside of Canada for one year, so does that matter? or can I still be a sponsor outside of Canada?
If it doesn't matter, on the application forms (the sponsor part) do I write my contact address here in Ecuador or Montreal?

I did leave Montreal, but I still have a valid health card and residential address where I still receive mail, bank account, but no job.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
you're a canadian citizen so no it doesnt matter, what's important is that on your return you will be entering canada and residing in ontario, so for immigration purposes you need to provide the address in Ecuador so they can contact you. in one aspect living with the applicant while waiting for the PR will ensure the relationship is genuine, doing that you need to make it clear that the intention is to return to canada as soon as your wife receives the visa and show as has been stated, where you will live etc

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Thank you so much for your great answer Lois Lane!

I have one question: On the "eligibility assessment" application sheet, it says on question 4.

" Do you reside in Canada and in no other county"?

If you answered "NO", but are a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada,
you may still be eligible to sponsor.

Now do I check mark the "yes" box saying I do reside exclusively in Canada or no?

I am asking because if I put "yes" and on the application forms I put an Ecuadorian residence and mailing address, then it will not make sense.

Should I put my Canadian residencial address and ecuadorian mailing address???

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Thank you so much for your great answer Lois Lane!

I have one question: On the "eligibility assessment" application sheet,
it says on question 4:

“Do you reside in Canada and in no other county"?

If you answered "NO", but are a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada,
you may still be eligible to sponsor.

Now, do I check mark the "yes" box saying I do reside exclusively in Canada or not?

I am asking because if I put "yes" and on the application forms, I put an Ecuadorian residence and mailing address, then it will not make sense.

Should I put my Canadian residential address and Ecuadorian mailing address?

I

iarblue

I would put no,if your are going to say your living in Equador like lois said then the answer is no you dont live exclusively in Canada.You could also attach a note if you like.On top of the note put reference to Question 4.Explain your are a canadian citizen and are staying with your wife in Equador until the process is done,and then you will be returning to Ontario,and attach a copy of the letter that your friend is giving you for the rental of his house when you return.
Then use the same letter to prove your intent on coming to Canada after she gets her PR.