7.5 all > 6.5
Med's Request
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
19 july 2014
LANDED..........
sooonn
Hello,

I missed oath because of health issues, I have already email to CIC just now, what will happen now,

please tell me if I can do anything else as well.

Regards

jessica1

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 all > 6.5
Med's Request
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
19 july 2014
LANDED..........
sooonn
well i was not feeling well. What can be done now? do you know procedure?

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hello,

I missed oath because of health issues, I have already email to CIC just now, what will happen now,

please tell me if I can do anything else as well.

Regards

If you do not attend your appointment, you must contact us within a certain amount of time. The notice we sent you inviting you to the appointment will tell you when you must contact us. Use this Web form and tell us why you missed your appointment. If you do not contact us in time, we will close your application.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=786&top=5

Failure to appear for the Oath
Applicants are advised in the Notice to Appear to Take the Oath of Citizenship form [CIT 0024] that they must contact IRCC within 30 days of the appointment if they cannot attend. If the applicant provides a reasonable explanation for why they are unable to attend, additional time may be given.
As described in paragraph A13.2(1)(b), if the applicant fails to appear at the citizenship ceremony and does not provide a reasonable explanation within 30 days of the appointment, their application may be abandoned. In such a case, the applicant will have to reapply for citizenship.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/ceremony/oath.html

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Unless I am in a coma, I don't think any health issues can prevent me from participating in the oath ceremony.
I agree. We just need to show our face for few minutes and done with it. its more painful to wait again rather than rescheduling. We need to try as much as possible to get rid of cic asap even if its pains little more than what we already feel.

jessica1

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 all > 6.5
Med's Request
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
19 july 2014
LANDED..........
sooonn
If you do not attend your appointment, you must contact us within a certain amount of time. The notice we sent you inviting you to the appointment will tell you when you must contact us. Use this Web form and tell us why you missed your appointment. If you do not contact us in time, we will close your application.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=786&top=5

Failure to appear for the Oath
Applicants are advised in the Notice to Appear to Take the Oath of Citizenship form [CIT 0024] that they must contact IRCC within 30 days of the appointment if they cannot attend. If the applicant provides a reasonable explanation for why they are unable to attend, additional time may be given.
As described in paragraph A13.2(1)(b), if the applicant fails to appear at the citizenship ceremony and does not provide a reasonable explanation within 30 days of the appointment, their application may be abandoned. In such a case, the applicant will have to reapply for citizenship.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/ceremony/oath.html
i have already emailed them within 30days limit, I also sent a web form query as well.

Application2019

Star Member
Jun 4, 2019
HELLO,
I have missed my oath ceremony 0n 5th Jan 2021 due to out of country.
I informed the IRRC that time and made request to reschedule my date.
I am still waiting the new date. Please give me some information regarding my matter.
When will i get my new date and share information , if someone is facing the same situation?

Thanking you in advance for the reply

Albo0978

Jun 4, 2021
HELLO,
I have missed my oath ceremony 0n 5th Jan 2021 due to out of country.
I informed the IRRC that time and made request to reschedule my date.
I am still waiting the new date. Please give me some information regarding my matter.
When will i get my new date and share information , if someone is facing the same situation?

Thanking you in advance for the reply
There is no telling when you will get your new date, I know people who were in the same situation and they got rescheduled 8 months later, others 3 days later. You never know with the IRCC... I wish you all the best and hope you receive it soon.

nass

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2016
I had May9th ceremony oath and I was listening the session and my camera was on and than transfer me to break out room than I got removed by the host, I don’t know why, I try again and again to login still says I got removed by the host and is that mean I missed my ceremony or my reschedule ceremony will take long time again?

akhileshtekchand

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-O
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
I had May9th ceremony oath and I was listening the session and my camera was on and than transfer me to break out room than I got removed by the host, I don’t know why, I try again and again to login still says I got removed by the host and is that mean I missed my ceremony or my reschedule ceremony will take long time again?
Did you email them to ask immediately when it happened?

nass

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2016
Did you email them to ask immediately when it happened?
Yes I send them email but now the update on my tracker status it says NOT START on the ceremony and I don’t know if I have to wait long in the queue or quick one

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Yes I send them email but now the update on my tracker status it says NOT START on the ceremony and I don’t know if I have to wait long in the queue or quick one
By any chance, did you forget to mute your microphone or were trying to record a video or take a picture. Again, there shouldn't be any reason if everything was okay.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
By any chance, did you forget to mute your microphone or were trying to record a video or take a picture. Again, there shouldn't be any reason if everything was okay.
why do you have to mute? Instructions specifically say- "

turn on your audio and video camera in order to enable audio and video for the meeting;

"