Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22, 2017, Guidance Counseling Program Seminar March 3, 2017
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
SchnookoLoly said:
Honestly, I am saying that I don't know if CIC will change the "category" of application or not.

It's not quite the same thing, but when we applied, we applied as common-law partners. We got married while our application was in process. CIC called my husband a few months after the wedding, while we were still in process, to verify that we had in fact gotten married. My husband said yes, but then the officer explained to him that CIC cannot change the category of an application and while our change in circumstance has been noted, the application would proceed to be processed as a common-law application. When COPR was issued it specified that we applied via family class as common-law partners, even though we were now married.

I'm not going to go read up on the guides to find if it says what happens if a conjugal application changes to common-law midway through the application process, I'm only sharing my personal opinion and my own personal experience.

For jerryca, I think that if he does manage 12 months, CIC *may* proceed with the conjugal application with the change noted, or they *may* reject his application based on the fact that he's now in a common-law relationship and conjugal doesn't apply with the advice to reapply as common-law.

I don't know for sure what will happen, but it's important to be prepared for all scenarios.

Hope that helps and sorry it isn't more firm an answer. Hopefully some others will weigh in with their opinions.

Great insight though, that leads to possibility. but only VO knows. And we are not aware about their final call. What matters is BE COMPLETELY HONEST and it will pay off.

jerryca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014 (SA received)
File Transfer...
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Passport Req..
30-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015 (flagpole)
Here is the wording from 5.51 of OP 2 Processing Members of the family class:

...... applicants are also obliged to inform the Department if aspects of their life change prior to the finalization of their case, including their marital/conjugal status. If their conjugal relationship changes (for example, if applicants are in a conjugal-partner relationship with a sponsor and the applicant and sponsor marry), then officers should make adjustments to the application (i.e., coding) and should proceed with processing in terms of the new conjugal relationship.

The VO will not make changes where the wrong application is submitted (e.g. a common law that should be conjugal?), or if the application would otherwise be refused before the change in circumstance.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
June 14, 2017 Canada Embassy Manila
Med's Done....
April 15, 2016 Upfront Medical
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
I have all the required forms and supporting documents. I am planning to apply for trv this coming July 30 2015 for sept 1-30, 2015 vacation.

can i also apply for US visitors visa while there is pending trv in canada? is that possible to apply two visa at the same time?

jerryca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014 (SA received)
File Transfer...
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Passport Req..
30-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015 (flagpole)
You can apply for the US Visa at same time. It is a little more complicated and costly but much of the information is the same. We did apply and were rejected. The thing with the US is that you have to go to an interview in Manila. We maybe spent $500 on the application with flights, hotel and application itself because we were not in Manila.

My partner had her father, step-father and two half siblings living in the US. We had a full travel itinerary for 3 weeks planned out. The interview lasted about 2 minutes and we were denied.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Thanks jerryca for the info. i know how notorious to apply for a US tourist visa in manila.

Here's my plan:

Apply for tourist visa in Canada this coming July 1, 2015 if DENIED then

Apply for tourist visa in USA this coming Oct 1, 2015 if DENIED then

I will come back in the Philippines to visit my partner for 2-3 months. We will travel to those visa free country like HK or Singapore. When i get back to Canada then i will apply for CONJUGAL outland PR for her.

That is my game plan!! Maybe while the Outland pr is ongoing, i will attempt to apply for a TRV in canada just like what you did.

jerryca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014 (SA received)
File Transfer...
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Passport Req..
30-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015 (flagpole)
If you can afford to visit Philippines or spend time together elsewhere in Asia, and are not afraid of the TRV rejections, then I believe that you are demonstrating that you are doing everything you can to be together.

In our case, after 2 TRV rejections we started actively collecting and saving all the evidence we might need to file an application (either conjugal or common-law). We also applied for TRVs again when we had a significant change in circumstance. It is important to start combining your lives in other ways. You may already be providing some financial support. I was able to get a credit card for my partner using on-line banking and have it delivered to my home address. I was changing my will, so I included my partner in the will. In our case we started building a house. I'm not sure we would do that again because I think we could have leased a better property for a couple of years for less.

I believe we only eventually got a TRV approved because we had made the PR application and by that time we had also demonstrated that we could afford to travel and had were not afraid to do so.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
jerryca said:
If you can afford to visit Philippines or spend time together elsewhere in Asia, and are not afraid of the TRV rejections, then I believe that you are demonstrating that you are doing everything you can to be together.

In our case, after 2 TRV rejections we started actively collecting and saving all the evidence we might need to file an application (either conjugal or common-law). We also applied for TRVs again when we had a significant change in circumstance. It is important to start combining your lives in other ways. You may already be providing some financial support. I was able to get a credit card for my partner using on-line banking and have it delivered to my home address. I was changing my will, so I included my partner in the will. In our case we started building a house. I'm not sure we would do that again because I think we could have leased a better property for a couple of years for less.

I believe we only eventually got a TRV approved because we had made the PR application and by that time we had also demonstrated that we could afford to travel and had were not afraid to do so.
THis is excellent advice. Go through the common-law list of what kinds of things they look for as evidence of a "marriage-like relationship" and do as much of that as you are able to do given your circumstances.

Best of luck.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
jerryca said:

Thanks jerryca. my partner started her own business last march 2015 prior to that she was employed too. I was wondering if your partner is employed when she got approved by a tourist visa?

My partner has around 8000 cad on her savings account and about 3000 cad in our joint account.
will that be sufficient enough?

jerryca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014 (SA received)
File Transfer...
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Passport Req..
30-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015 (flagpole)
canadalover4987 said:
Thanks jerryca. my partner started her own business last march 2015 prior to that she was employed too. I was wondering if your partner is employed when she got approved by a tourist visa?

She has around 8000 cad on her savings account. and about 3000 cad in our joint account. will that be sufficient?
When we finally got the TRV my partner had stopped working. By that time, we had filed the PR application and we could see the files would be linked by the common UCI number. In my letter I stated that our intentions were clear by our application, that we expected a long (17 month) wait, and that we would like to be able to spend as much of that together as possible. We also stated that we could afford to travel on short notice and could return to the Philippines as required to deal with any matters related to our outland application.

Your partner may very well have enough assets and reason to return to the Philippines to be successful in the TRV. However, your relationship might be the problem. I believe there is a post from Rob-TO early on in this thread that covers some of the issues. In my opinion the only route in this process is to be honest, factually. At the moment, you are not legally married, not common-law partners and you may be conjugal partners. If you file a TRV in July and then a PR application a couple of months later, they should be consistent, at least chronological.

She will have to say that the purpose of her visit is to visit a close friend (or a boyfriend) and tourism. If she has other reasons that might be helpful too. Her itinerary should probably be no more than a few weeks as presumably she has her business back home. To answer your question, I think her financial resources should pass the test, but they will only be part of what the VO will be looking for.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
jerryca said:
When we finally got the TRV my partner had stopped working. By that time, we had filed the PR application and we could see the files would be linked by the common UCI number. In my letter I stated that our intentions were clear by our application, that we expected a long (17 month) wait, and that we would like to be able to spend as much of that together as possible. We also stated that we could afford to travel on short notice and could return to the Philippines as required to deal with any matters related to our outland application.

Your partner may very well have enough assets and reason to return to the Philippines to be successful in the TRV. However, your relationship might be the problem. I believe there is a post from Rob-TO early on in this thread that covers some of the issues. In my opinion the only route in this process is to be honest, factually. At the moment, you are not legally married, not common-law partners and you may be conjugal partners. If you file a TRV in July and then a PR application a couple of months later, they should be consistent, at least chronological.

She will have to say that the purpose of her visit is to visit a close friend (or a boyfriend) and tourism. If she has other reasons that might be helpful too. Her itinerary should probably be no more than a few weeks as presumably she has her business back home. To answer your question, I think her financial resources should pass the test, but they will only be part of what the VO will be looking for.
Thank you so much. I have complete faith that this route will work and we will be completely honest all the time, We will do our best to submit over and beyond all documents needed for the PR application.

In the mean time, i think in order to be qualified for outland PR application maybe we need to experience the refusals from canada and usa.

I am contemplating to apply for a work permit in the Philippines. if it gets denied, then it will add to our chance to have successful outland PR application.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
I am a Canadian citizen and my partner is from the Philippines applied for 1 month tourist visa for September 2015. She submitted all TRV forms and all requirements/documents last June 30,2015 to Canada Application Center. As of today, July 9,2015 she received a notification via email that her passport has been dispatched already from the Canada Visa Office, it says "If you have opted personal pick up, you may collect your passport at the Canada Visa Application Center, Manila"

We are waiting for her passport to be delivered today since she paid for a courier.

I would assume that she got a refusal, because she was not notified if she needs to undergo medical check up.

She didn't went for pre-medical check up since its only 1 month visit besides its optional and we assumed that we will be notified in case they need her to undergo medical check up. And since she was not notified, my guess is the application is denied. Am i correct?

WHAT DO YOU THINK? any similar stories? DO YOU REALLY THINK IT IS REALLY DENIED? we hope that its approved as we worked so hard with all the required documents.

PLS HELP.... thanks

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Just to update, my partner got denied for a TRV in Canada which i am expecting. She was also denied for a Tourist Visa in the US. We wanted to get married in NYC but she was denied which sadden me. Some say that it would be 10x easier for us if we are married and apply for Spousal Sponsorship. Common law does not apply to me as i can only stay in the Philippines for 59 days maximum.

I will be coming to the Philippines this coming December 2015 and most likely spend 2 months there. By that time, its my second visit to her country. I visited last January to March 2015. Our relationship started January of 2014.

So far, i have read the CIC website for Sponsorship of a Spouse, Common law partner, Conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada. I guess i have read it hundred of times but i still have concerns:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

1. Should we try another TRV in Canada if denied again, should i proceed with the conjugal PR outland application?

2. My partner was provided a UCI number for her denied Tourist Visa here in Canada, Do we still use the same UCI number in case we apply for the 2nd TRV or should we use same same UCI for PR outland application? Please explain this further as i am totally confuse.

3. Does her non accompanying family members need to submit Background Declaration form IMM 5669?

4. Does her non accompanying family members need to submit police clearance for each member?

5 Does her family member they need to go pre medical check up? I will only sponsor my partner and no one else.

5. Can we submit certified true copies of our letters with stamps, western union receipts, forex cargo receipts, purchased goods, airline travel accommodation and visa stamps? I am sure they wont return my original documents, would that be fine?

6. What is option c print out of last notice of assessment for the most recent taxation year. Do i still need to submit this?

I thank all those people who manage to support me on this forum. your suggestion and comment are well appreciated.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
thank you so much in advance.... i really hope someone would be kind enough to help us as we are very sadden about our situation.

Yurie27

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
cebu city
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.
26-1-2016
AOR Received.
Jan 5 2016
Interview........
non
Passport Req..
Nov 16 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24 3016
LANDED..........
Dec 2 2016 thanks god
Bonjour sir

Im Yurie ladyboy from philippines. my boyfriend and I was living before here in cebu philippines. because of problem on his work he decided to go back canada. we supposed to apply common law but we didnt complete the 365 days of living. 1 month ago our application for conjugal partner was already submitted to CIC. my question is, when our application approve for sponsorship can i get temporary residency permit? its already 4 months ago when my boyfriend leave in philippines. we have salon business before and we spent 11 months living together. we lost our salon but it was fine to me but since my boyfriend come back canada its very difficult for me to live without him by my side. i miss him all the time. 5 months ago i was denied for visitor visa.
hope i can find you to advice what im gonna do.
thanks
best regards
Yurie

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yurie27 said:
Bonjour sir

Im Yurie ladyboy from philippines. my boyfriend and I was living before here in cebu philippines. because of problem on his work he decided to go back canada. we supposed to apply common law but we didnt complete the 365 days of living. 1 month ago our application for conjugal partner was already submitted to CIC. my question is, when our application approve for sponsorship can i get temporary residency permit? its already 4 months ago when my boyfriend leave in philippines. we have salon business before and we spent 11 months living together. we lost our salon but it was fine to me but since my boyfriend come back canada its very difficult for me to live without him by my side. i miss him all the time. 5 months ago i was denied for visitor visa.
hope i can find you to advice what im gonna do.
thanks
best regards
Yurie
With one refused visitor visa already and a PR application in progress, it's pretty much guaranteed your next visitor application will be refused as well. I honestly wouldn't waste my money applying again. At this point your best option is to wait out the processing of your PR application in your home country and hope it's approved quickly.