+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I just received Oath date 4 days after my test (calgary)

canadiancoops

Jan 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was a standard timeline, no RQ, nice interview and easy exam. 21 months start to finish.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 4, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 4, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on January 16, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on January 13, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 21, 2014 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on February 25, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Good luck to everyone still on the journey. If you have any questions pelase let me know.

Regards

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats .........

I am a June 2013 applicant.............seems i have to wait one year as per your processing time ( hope no RQ )

canadiancoops

Jan 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have faith they are speeding up the process. Things seem to be moving a bit quicker so hopefully you might get a completion sooner....maybe by Christmas ;)

arminbehzad

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations. Lucky you! Here in Vancouver it can take up to 6 months for oath. :(

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiancoops said:
It was a standard timeline, no RQ, nice interview and easy exam. 21 months start to finish.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 4, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 4, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

4.We sent you a notice on January 13, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 21, 2014 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on February 25, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Good luck to everyone still on the journey. If you have any questions pelase let me know.

Regards
your oath schedule made Vancouver office look stupid...they take forever to issue an oath letter.

canadiancoops

Jan 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've heard it can take 3-6 months. Last year it stopped in Calgary and was taking around 3-4 months. I think they go through spells where they speed through a city and then move on to the next one. Also I guess it depends on how many judges they have too.

Fingers crossed you get yours soon ;)

luxixihao

Mar 6, 2014
Congrats! I took my test in Calgary on Feb 18. Still waiting for the oath letter. How come it is so slow? Should I get worried? Besides, I am little concerned about one little thing. Along with the notification letter for the exam, there is a declaration form for you to sign. If I remember correctly, it is for you to declare that you didn't commit any crimes, right? But my friend who recently got her citizenship in Ottawa said that she didn't sign a form like that. Did i sign the wrong form? "Cause I remembered I checked three times to make sure that if you sign, it means you didn't have any criminal records. If you do have criminal records, you have to inform CIC instead of signing the paper. I really hope I didn't make a mistake.

canadiancoops

Jan 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Did you receive RQ before the test? If so I wouldnt worry as my firend took his exam before you and still hasnt heard and he had RQ pre test. I think it must go through different channels to be looked at and is holding things up.

Also dont worry about that form. I signed it the same as you so all good.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
panchaldip said:
can i have questions asked in citizenship test between 2013 and 2014 at calgary centre
Test takers are not allowed to disclose any of the questions from the test.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Congratulation, that was quick I believe, I would be applying in this start October, hope it is a quick process for me too, myoffice would be winnipeg , MB :),
canadiancoops said:

Regards

citzcan

Feb 22, 2014
handsomeishere said:
Congratulation, that was quick I believe, I would be applying in this start October, hope it is a quick process for me too, myoffice would be winnipeg , MB :),
Hi there,

I'm a Winnipeg applicant... It's a long, long road... I applied in January 2012 and only did the test at the beginning of February 2014. Tomorrow (May 1st, 2014) sees the start of month 29! :-(

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
OHHH :eek:, 29 MONTHS did u get a RQ ? I have read some where in this Forum that the process is gettin quicker , may be I am not too sure :) but hope u get your stuff done very soon mate :), Thanks for sharing ur details though :),
citzcan said:
Hi there,

I'm a Winnipeg applicant... It's a long, long road... I applied in January 2012 and only did the test at the beginning of February 2014. Tomorrow (May 1st, 2014) sees the start of month 29! :-(

kkkat

Oct 5, 2014
If it makes you guys feel better, below has been my journey.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 20, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 20, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 14, 2012.

Received RQ in Dec, 2012.

We sent you a notice on September 30, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 16, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I started to not care a year or so ago. LOL.