+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I just got CIT0520e after passing the exam on 18th of Feb in Montreal Office

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
I think the problem with being issued any type of residence questionnaire is like this: it adds a stage which needs to be treated bureaucratically: first your response must be received, then it sits somewhere until acknowledged, then it has to be processed, then someone needs to make a decision. I dont want to discourage you but anything between 2 to 6 months (of longer processing on top of the normal time) is possible with this type of light questionnaire. Yet, you could get lucky and it could be processed faster and you might get a final decision like anyone else. bear in mind that the 12 months time doesnt apply to many applicants of past Oct 2017 applications. Its a matter of luck. Just read the threads for residence questionnaire and you will get the idea. No one can tell you for sure how longer this could take.

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Your options down the road are limited to couple of things (non have helped with faster processing btw but they can give an idea of where things are): get an ATIP report for the physical files to see what exactly the officer has done to your file, then get in touch the local MP. And then if you still havent received a DM in about 6 months time, you will join a large herd of people like us who will write on these threads just to get some sort of support! :)

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
so about that guy you are telling me do you have any idea how long they took for him to get the citizenship
I read in this forum that someone got the decision made within less than one month of submitting CIT0520e. It really depends on your luck now. Just go according to your plans and renew your PR if necessary. As long as you have your valid PR card and passport, you can travel in and out and do things without being stuck.

joemay192011

Jun 10, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-24-2013
Nomination.....
03-27-2014
I read in this forum that someone got the decision made within less than one month of submitting CIT0520e. It really depends on your luck now. Just go according to your plans and renew your PR if necessary. As long as you have your valid PR card and passport, you can travel in and out and do things without being stuck.
Any update on this case?

joemay192011

Jun 10, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-24-2013
Nomination.....
03-27-2014