+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I just got CIT0520e after passing the exam on 18th of Feb in Montreal Office

alialam1985

Mar 18, 2019
Hello everyone,

I submitted my application for citizenship in 15-March-2018. I got an invitation for citizenship exam from Montreal office to be appeared on 18-Feb-2019. I passed the exam with 19/20 marks and on the very next day I received an email with the attachment of CIT0520e asking for my mortgage docs my t4 my bank statement and credit card statement as well. Can anybody help me out how much time will it take more to be the citizen of Canada as I have lots of plans to do and I am stuck coz of this 12 months have already been passed. I submitted all the docs they asked for in that CIT0520e and they received it on March 07, 2019.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
There’s nothing you can do but to wait ... if you got any plan you could probably just go ahead and do it, nothing you do now should affect the outcome since the check is about your 5-year eligibility in the past

Reactions: k300k3

ninja90

Jun 8, 2018
Hello everyone,

I submitted my application for citizenship in 15-March-2018. I got an invitation for citizenship exam from Montreal office to be appeared on 18-Feb-2019. I passed the exam with 19/20 marks and on the very next day I received an email with the attachment of CIT0520e asking for my mortgage docs my t4 my bank statement and credit card statement as well. Can anybody help me out how much time will it take more to be the citizen of Canada as I have lots of plans to do and I am stuck coz of this 12 months have already been passed. I submitted all the docs they asked for in that CIT0520e and they received it on March 07, 2019.
Was there a specific reason they sent you CIT0520e? I have my test n interview coming up and I am very nervous.

alialam1985

Mar 18, 2019
There’s nothing you can do but to wait ... if you got any plan you could probably just go ahead and do it, nothing you do now should affect the outcome since the check is about your 5-year eligibility in the past
at the time of interview I asked them when will I get the oath date and the lady said to me that your 12 months is about to be finished and we are bit late for your exam so you will get the date after 3 months and on the very next day they sent me this CIT0520e. do you have any idea why is that

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
at the time of interview I asked them when will I get the oath date and the lady said to me that your 12 months is about to be finished and we are bit late for your exam so you will get the date after 3 months and on the very next day they sent me this CIT0520e. do you have any idea why is that
Unless it’s written in official document, and specifically about your case, don’t trust anything promise they make

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
Hello everyone,

Would you mind sharing some details, what made the officer send you this Questionnaire? what you think was not convincing him and he had to ask for more details. was it related to the days you have been in Canada or any other reason.

alialam1985

Mar 18, 2019
Would you mind sharing some details, what made the officer send you this Questionnaire? what you think was not convincing him and he had to ask for more details. was it related to the days you have been in Canada or any other reason.
honestly I don't know... but I believe the reason they asked for it because I don't have the medical card of Quebec as I didn't applied for it I still have the health card from Manitoba.

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
honestly I don't know... but I believe the reason they asked for it because I don't have the medical card of Quebec as I didn't applied for it I still have the health card from Manitoba.
I am sure that is the reason, they want to see your mortgage papers and bank statement to verify your daily spending have been in Quebec.
I read about another guy who moved from another province to AB and he never changed his driving license and health card as he was no more driving and he said he never went to hospital in 3 years. so he was asked similar details to verify where exactly he has been living.

alialam1985

Mar 18, 2019
I am sure that is the reason, they want to see your mortgage papers and bank statement to verify your daily spending have been in Quebec.
I read about another guy who moved from another province to AB and he never changed his driving license and health card as he was no more driving and he said he never went to hospital in 3 years. so he was asked similar details to verify where exactly he has been living.
so about that guy you are telling me do you have any idea how long they took for him to get the citizenship

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Hello everyone,

We are in the same situation. I had my test on Feb 15 in Montreal too. But 2 weeks later, I got CIT0520 in the email. But I received a phone call before receiving the email. The request for me includes the official education records as well so I’m still waiting for some of the records to arrive and plan to submit before end of this month.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
It's like the agent asks himself: What else can I do to delay that applicant further? Aha, let's send him a CIT0520e

Reactions: itsmyid and JPBless

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
It's like the agent asks himself: What else can I do to delay that applicant further? Aha, let's send him a CIT0520e
I see this as a positive reply from the officer though. According to the original post writer, the officer just seemed to besaying that it’s a bit late for exam already and that 12 months would be up soon. I think that the reason, the officer even requested the CIT0520e the next day, shows that she is trying to process this ASAP so that the applicant could get an oath in 3 months.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
I see this as a positive reply from the officer though. According to the original post writer, the officer just seemed to besaying that it’s a bit late for exam already and that 12 months would be up soon. I think that the reason, the officer even requested the CIT0520e the next day, shows that she is trying to process this ASAP so that the applicant could get an oath in 3 months.
They could've requested that before the interview

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I am pretty sure they don’t think like that ...

Reactions: k300k3