+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have some question about this forms IMM 0008 and IMM 0008DEP

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]

I already filled the IMM008 but at the it says something about Dependants and I have no kids with my partner so for sure I don't have to add those, but he is my common-law and my sponsor too, so do I have to add him as a dependant? Also it says: You must provide the following details about each of your family members whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law, partner if applicable , and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common.law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Citizens of Canada.

'
So what do I have to do??? Add all my family members, like mom, dad, brothers plus my common.law partner who is also my sponsor??

And the IMM 0008 DEP is just and extra form just in case you need to add more dependants and one isn't enough??

PLEASE HELP!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
aleguillen said:
I already filled the IMM008 but at the it says something about Dependants and I have no kids with my partner so for sure I don't have to add those, but he is my common-law and my sponsor too, so do I have to add him as a dependant? Also it says: You must provide the following details about each of your family members whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law, partner if applicable , and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common.law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Citizens of Canada.

So what do I have to do??? Add all my family members, like mom, dad, brothers plus my common.law partner who is also my sponsor??

And the IMM 0008 DEP is just and extra form just in case you need to add more dependants and one isn't enough??
Family members refers only to your spouse and children.

It says right in the instructions you quoted to only include those who are not already permanent residents or Citizens of Canada; your spouse must be a citizen or PR to sponsor you, so he is not included.

As you have no children, you can remove the dependents section and do not need to include IMM0008DEP.

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Thank you veryyy veryyyy much !!!!! I will prolly come up with some more questions but for now that was the main one ! thanks

morgansm

Jun 23, 2017
Confused .....sorry. I've turned into a blockhead over the years.

I'm sponsoring my wife of 10 years and together we have an 8 year old child. Our child already has Canadian citizenship.

So, I don't need to fill out this form, correct?

Thanks in advance

priya@1

May 21, 2017
Hi all

please help , i have applied on my own on Canada website for immigration under federal skill worker on 15th july 2017.
i have filled all details on the website , as well as attached all the necessary documents
but i have not attached IMM 0008 generic & IMM 5669E - back ground declaration form

is it compulsory to attach them ??
if i want to attach now - can i do that , since decision on my application has not come yet