+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have max'd out at 446, what should I do?

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
Done with ECA for both me and my wife - both Masters degrees. Have 8 years of work ex in corporate sales (0601), IELTS done with overall 8.5 bands, wife appeared twice for IELTS and given her best shot in securing 12 out of max 20.

Now I'm at 446.

Guys, is there anything more that I could do to increase my score or to get an ITA? I am planning to prepare for TEF (the French language test) - thats the only way I can think of now....

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bablaa said:
Done with ECA for both me and my wife - both Masters degrees. Have 8 years of work ex in corporate sales (0601), IELTS done with overall 8.5 bands, wife appeared twice for IELTS and given her best shot in securing 12 out of max 20.

Now I'm at 446.

Guys, is there anything more that I could do to increase my score or to get an ITA? I am planning to prepare for TEF (the French language test) - thats the only way I can think of now....
Did you try to recreate your EE profile? Maybe OOPNP is an option for you... However I assume that points can fall to your level, but it can take several months

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
Russian said:
Did you try to recreate your EE profile? Maybe OOPNP is an option for you... However I assume that points can fall to your level, but it can take several months
No, I haven't recreated my profile. Do I have to first indicate to the Ontario state that I am interested or should I just recreate the profile and sit back for the nomination?

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bablaa said:
No, I haven't recreated my profile. Do I have to first indicate to the Ontario state that I am interested or should I just recreate the profile and sit back for the nomination?
You just need to recreate your EE profile and choose "all provinces" when you answer the question where you plan to reside.

Ontario should send you letter with invitation to apply for nomination. You meet the main requirement: to have CRS above 400.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just be careful there are people on this forum who have re-create profile and received nothing. I was going to do the same thing but I thought why bother for no additional benefit.

Remember you may get a nomination from a Province you don't necessarily want to live in. If you get one of these nominations you may be obligated to live there. See how you go on the French test.

Good luck my friend. I know how you feel.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
JoacRy said:
Just be careful there are people on this forum who have re-create profile and received nothing. I was going to do the same thing but I thought why bother for no additional benefit.

Remember you may get a nomination from a Province you don't necessarily want to live in. If you get one of these nominations you may be obligated to live there. See how you go on the French test.

Good luck my friend. I know how you feel.
It depends on when the Express Entry profile was create. If it was created before June 1st then it has to be recreated in order to be selected by Ontario.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_HOW.html

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
This is so stupid! They don't get what they want from federal programs, so they try the backdoor ways with provincial nomination. What a joke of a system.

When you don't get an ITA from Express Entry, that's the government's way of telling you that you don't serve Canada's interests at this time. That means you don't serve the interests of the country as a whole, not just the country minus the provinces you apply to for nomination.

The federal government should get its act together and decide once and for all on a consistent way to determine whether someone qualifies for immigration, rather than sending conflicting messages by allowing for regional programs with contradictory interests.

Hhh466

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66502 said:
This is so stupid! They don't get what they want from federal programs, so they try the backdoor ways with provincial nomination. What a joke of a system.

When you don't get an ITA from Express Entry, that's the government's way of telling you that you don't serve Canada's interests at this time. That means you don't serve the interests of the country as a whole, not just the country minus the provinces you apply to for nomination.

The federal government should get its act together and decide once and for all on a consistent way to determine whether someone qualifies for immigration, rather than sending conflicting messages by allowing for regional programs with contradictory interests.
I'll agree that this new system has a lot of loop holes. I personally know two people who went on to become permanent residents with fake work experiences. Can't do much about it except just trying to do all you can for yourself to get that ITA

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
Hhh466 said:
I'll agree that this new system has a lot of loop holes. I personally know two people who went on to become permanent residents with fake work experiences. Can't do much about it except just trying to do all you can for yourself to get that ITA
It's not just about loopholes. It's about contradictions in immigration policy, which makes CIC one of the most unprofessional government agencies in the world. Provincial nomination isn't just a loop hole. It actually runs against the interests of Canada as a whole. A way for people to get permanent residence just because they want it, not because of any public interest such as family unification.

But then the provinces don't really care about the unemployed Canadians or national interest. They want to make money from application fees, which is the whole reason for these programs. "Give us $1500 and that'll buy you hope that maybe we'll consider making you the lucky one with a meal ticket to PR, but we don't guarantee anything and we may not look at you at all if we don't feel like it." That's the fine print of the program from some of the provinces. Does that sound like a professional and fair program?

Here's another example: CIC maintains publicly that applicants for temporary visas (visitor, student, worker, whatever) must show intention to return home at the end of the authorized stay. You get denied a student/visitor visas for not showing intent to return and you get scrutinized by Border Services at the point of entry for any hints of intent to stay without authorization. Yet there are programs in place like the CEC class, where people can apply for PR based on just having studied or worked in Canada as a temporary worker.

Stupid really. Either you are a genuine non-immigrant or you aren't. Can't have your cake and eat it. People admitted on a temporary basis should not be encouraged to seek permanent stay if they were required to show intent to return. Say what you want about US immigration but they've got one thing right if nothing else: You cannot be a genuine temporary entrant AND harbor intentions to immigrate at the same time. It just makes no sense!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
marcus66502 said:
But then the provinces don't really care about the unemployed Canadians or national interest. They want to make money from application fees, which is the whole reason for these programs.
You're joking - right? No one is making money off the application fees. Nether the provinces nor the federal government. It costs more to process applications than the fees they bring in. Tax payers cover the difference.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
scylla said:
You're joking - right? No one is making money off the application fees. Nether the provinces nor the federal government. It costs more to process applications than the fees they bring in. Tax payers cover the difference.
Nope, not joking at all. $1500 dollars for selling hope is reminiscent of the corruption and un-professionality of the developing world. I wasn't saying the federal government is making money but the provincial governments certainly are.

There was even an article about this back in 2008 about the results of a federal audit of provincial programs, which found the New Brunswick Nomination Program to be effectively lacking a clear and fair selection scheme and concluded that the government was mainly using the privilege of nomination to (1) generate money from the exorbitant fees, and (2) to increase population so as to gain more seats in the House of Commons in Ottawa (as if there really is a way to keep people in the province once they land).

Most of the conservatives in the Harper government who were concerned with immigration wanted to scrap provincial nomination altogether. But that isn't politically feasible because as long as you allow Quebec to select its own immigrants, the other provinces are going to want the same privilege. So scrapping Prov. Nomination would require taking away the right from Quebec to control its own immigration and I think we both know what would happen if the feds tried that. Support for separatism would climb up way over the 50% +1 mark required for a successful referendum and then it's Adieu Quebec.

MaximG

Nov 28, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have created my EE profile since Nov 4 and my EE score is 422. I applied with my common-law partner. I am just worried after reading from different threads that most of the people are getting their Provincial Nominee invitations within first 10-15 days after they create their profile, but my profile did not meet this criteria for some reasons.

I have just read on the Ontario PNP site the news they have posted on Nov 24 ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html that we need to create new profile and it has brought me now more tensions.

Here is my profile:

EE Points - 422
Profile type - CEC + FSW met, OINP not met
NOC - 0114
EE profile created - Nov 4 2015

I am PGWP for 3 yrs and it expires in July 2016, and my common-law partner's PGWP expires in August 2017.

I would really like to hear suggestions from all the experience people out here.

Regards

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per the few people threads on this forum, it seems that OINP is a very selective program in giving out nomination Invitations.

Based on what some have said you could try re-creating the profile and ticking 'Share information with all Provinces'.
1)Best case you get the OINP,
2)Middle ground you get Invitation from another Province
3) Worst case: current position

The situation where some have got the Invitation and others haven't is why I have not recreated my profile.

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought they already maxed out the OINP applications for 2015? The Nov. 16th update says:

"OINP has exhausted its base stream allocation for 2015, and the program is unable to issue further nominations under its base streams until January 4, 2016. If you have already submitted an application to the OINP but have not yet received a decision, your application will be finalized in 2016."

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
Bablaa said:

Now I'm at 446.

Check your profile against a couple of PNPs available and apply. Like someone suggested, try recreating your profile; you have got nothing to lose, other than a couple of hours required for the profile recreation.