+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have got Request Letter (evidence) after receiving Citizenship Test letter 2 weeks ago

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
In Calgary, request letter included along with Test invitation.

By the way, what is your processing office?

amir_e

Feb 13, 2022
Yes. The clerk will confirm this with you again at the time of the ceremony. Do not attend the ceremony if you are outside Canada. Unless IRCC specifically advises you can appear for oath outside Canada, this will be considered misrepresentation and your citizenship could be revoked for this reason (and you can't apply for citizenship for another 10 years). This will leave you stateless if you don't have the citizenship of any other country.

Further, you'll have to chop your PR card at the end of the citizenship ceremony - This will leave you without any documents to return to Canada. You'll need to wait a few weeks to receive your citizenship certificate and you need the original certificate to apply for a passport. There is no way to apply for a passport to return to Canada without you receiving the citizenship certificate.
Is there enough time between receiving the oath invite and the oath date to plan for travel?

candinavian

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
Hi, I just wondered after you sent your passport copies (via email I assume) how long did you wait for the Citizenship status to change?, as mine is still saying "waiting on you" after 3 weeks since I emailed them to the IRCC email address. Thanks.
Nothing happened for me for almost 3 months

Reactions: elliek999

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Is there enough time between receiving the oath invite and the oath date to plan for travel?
That varies from person to person. The initial oath notification on the status dashboard comes first (probably a month before the actual oath date to a couple of weeks before oath date). The email could come in a couple of days before the oath ceremony. So if you are outside Canada, you'll have to start planning your travel as soon as you see an update in your dashboard.

But there is always a chance of the dashboard update coming in very close to the oath date, so yeah.

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Do they always call after we send the passport copy? I had not been in the country for several months and did not have my Canadian phone on roaming.

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
DO I JUST CLICK THE REPLY BUTTON TO THE EMAIL REQUESTING PASSPORT COPIES? OR DO I CREATE A NEW EMAIL AND ATTACH THE PASSPORTS SCANS TO IT?

elliek999

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
DO I JUST CLICK THE REPLY BUTTON TO THE EMAIL REQUESTING PASSPORT COPIES? OR DO I CREATE A NEW EMAIL AND ATTACH THE PASSPORTS SCANS TO IT?
You can do either, as long as it's sent to the email link they sent you. ( I just pressed reply button) I sent rather big files but they still received it, (but then after i saw there was a way to compress my passport copy files using free software think i used (Ilovepdf.com) but there's other ones too. (if you do send new email then make sure you attach the original document letter and write your uci/ application number etc on heading just to be safe. )

Last edited:
Reactions: Refugeee

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
You can do either, as long as it's sent to the email link they sent you. ( I just pressed reply button) I sent rather big files but they still received it, (but then after i saw there was a way to compress my passport copy files using free software think i used (Ilovepdf.com) but there's other ones too. (if you do send new email then make sure you attach the original document letter and write your uci/ application number etc on heading just to be safe. )
So i have 2 passports each with 36 pages.
So the email i will send will contain about 66 images.
Or do i have to combine them into one file?

elliek999

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
Sorry for delay in replying. I would copy 2 pages per file/image if you can to make less files. I only had one passport so I'm not sure about whether two passports in one email would be too much or not.. If the files are small enough maybe that would work. It might be worth calling the IRCC client support to speak to an advisor first just to check. (if you call around 3pm your local time it seems to be easier to get through)

elliek999

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
Just to add, as far as I know it doesn't matter how many attachments but more the total size. So maybe 66 small images would work if small file sizes. ( not sure what each image size you have. I can't find the limit on total file sizes for emails on the IRCC website.

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Just to add, as far as I know it doesn't matter how many attachments but more the total size. So maybe 66 small images would work if small file sizes. ( not sure what each image size you have. I can't find the limit on total file sizes for emails on the IRCC website.
Its all good. I scanned both passports a total of 38 pages total.
Then i merged all the 38 photos into 1 PDF file and sent it.
I got 2 responses immediately :

DN SCR Citizenship e-Apps / Demandes en ligne Citoyenneté SCR RN (IRCC)
10:46 AM (5 hours ago)
to me
Dear Applicant

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. This is to confirm that we’ve received your passport copy and we now have it on file.

Citizenship Official
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

So im all set!

Thanks Elliek and everyone else who took time to respond and help!

elliek999

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
Its all good. I scanned both passports a total of 38 pages total.
Then i merged all the 38 photos into 1 PDF file and sent it.
I got 2 responses immediately :

DN SCR Citizenship e-Apps / Demandes en ligne Citoyenneté SCR RN (IRCC)
10:46 AM (5 hours ago)
to me
Dear Applicant

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. This is to confirm that we’ve received your passport copy and we now have it on file.

Citizenship Official
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

So im all set!

Thanks Elliek and everyone else who took time to respond and help!
Wow, that's awesome how you got such a quick response! I waited over 2 months to get an email to confirm that they had received my copies. Glad all is good!