+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have Got PR from EE while i was on WP in Quebec now my RAMQ is expiring how should i renew it

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
I have Got PR from EE while i was on WP in Quebec now my RAMQ is expiring how should i renew it?
After your PR application has been approved, do you still intend to continue working in Quebec? Which province did you choose in your PR application?

According to
https://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/citizens/moving-outside-quebec

If you leave Québec permanently to take up residence elsewhere in Canada or abroad, you will cease to be covered by the Québec Health Insurance Plan and the Public Prescription Drug Insurance Plan.

zubairalimansoor

Feb 12, 2010
I have Got PR from EE while i was on WP in Quebec now my RAMQ is expiring how should i renew it?
Can you please share details, how you applied for PR via EE? did you apply under CEC stream ? how many points you had in EE ? I am also working on Quebec on closed work permit and now I have completed one year. I am software Engineer and don't know French.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Can you please share details, how you applied for PR via EE? did you apply under CEC stream ? how many points you had in EE ? I am also working on Quebec on closed work permit and now I have completed one year. I am software Engineer and don't know French.
Since you have completed 1 year working experience in Quebec, the best now is to put your PR application under CEC and choose another province for your intented destination.

I am also working in Quebec with a closed work permit and have started learning French as well. But I know its a complex language and requires enough time to get the required level.

Reactions: Ramesh Modi

zubairalimansoor

Feb 12, 2010
Since you have completed 1 year working experience in Quebec, the best now is to put your PR application under CEC and choose another province for your intented destination.

I am also working in Quebec with a closed work permit and have started learning French as well. But I know its a complex language and requires enough time to get the required level.
Thank you for your answer. But when you applied for PR under CEC, did you use your address in Quebec or out of Quebec ?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Thank you for your answer. But when you applied for PR under CEC, did you use your address in Quebec or out of Quebec ?
I still did not complete my 1 year working experience.

I started working since November 2021, therefore I cannot apply before Nov 2022.
Since you are still working in Quebec, therefore your current address in your PR application should be Quebec.