+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have flight 4 weeks after my oath can I make it?

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Hi,
I am taking my oath on the January 4th and have a flight to the UK on February the 1st. How can I make this work? Is it doable? My travel is non essential. It’s for a cosmetic doctor appointment. I’m from Calgary. If I pay the extra fee for urgent processing, would I get my passport earlier? Do they check if the reason for travel is essential or not? Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am taking my oath on the January 4th and have a flight to the UK on February the 1st. How can I make this work? Is it doable? My travel is non essential. It’s for a cosmetic doctor appointment. I’m from Calgary. If I pay the extra fee for urgent processing, would I get my passport earlier? Do they check if the reason for travel is essential or not? Thanks!
It's certainly doable if you have US passport.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
Might be doable or it might not. None of us here can tell you for sure one way or the other. Yes, you can pay extra for urgent processing of your passport. However before you can apply for the passport, you need to wait for the citizenship certificate to be mailed to you which can take a number of weeks.

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi,
You should be fine as long as you get the citizenship certificate before then. Usually officers ask you if you need it urgently during the ceremony and most of them are acommodating when you show then proof of your ticket however there have been very few cases where a few officers did not accept to send the certificate urgently as travel did not mean urgent to them. So 95 percent you should be fine unless you get an officer not willing to send you the certificate urgently.

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
You should be fine as long as you get the citizenship certificate before then. Usually officers ask you if you need it urgently during the ceremony and most of them are acommodating when you show then proof of your ticket however there have been very few cases where a few officers did not accept to send the certificate urgently as travel did not mean urgent to them. So 95 percent you should be fine unless you get an officer not willing to send you the certificate urgently.
Oh I understand. I can also definitely pay extra for passport as well. So my reason for travel is to get a cosmetic procedure from a doctor. Do they care about the reason? Or just tickets are enough? One more thing, I moved like two streets away from my previous address and my landlord is willing to give me my mails so I don’t wanna give a new address and make things complicated. If we say that it’s an urgent case, do they ship the citizenship certificate with purolator or something? Thanks!