+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have completed one month in Canada and am happy to be here :-)

adevaxis

May 19, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2011
AOR Received.
DEC 2011
IELTS Request
OCT 2011
File Transfer...
FEB 2012
Med's Request
APR 2012
Med's Done....
3rd week of APR 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
APR 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30.05.2012, received in hand 07.06.2012
Congrats for your sucessfull life in canada varma.
Can you pls tell me which are those banking certifications.

kpopi77

Sep 17, 2009
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2009
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
29-12-2009
Med's Request
30-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
22-09-2012
Congrats mate. Good to know u're settling in fast.

vermas said:
I have completed one month in Canada today and am happy to be here ;D

Got two full time jobs. Working 5 days a week at one place (bank) and 2 days a week at another (cashier at a gas stn) and loving both. The long and tiring PR process of 2 years and 3 months has been put on the back burner and enjoying the present in Canada, the land of opprortunities.

Missing the family but skyping is so comforting to chat with them regularly.

Best wishes to every one waiting for their PR process to complete and come to Canada.

vermas

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
vermas said:

Got two full time jobs. Working 5 days a week at one place (bank) and 2 days a week at another (cashier at a gas stn) and loving both. The long and tiring PR process of 2 years and 3 months has been put on the back burner and enjoying the present in Canada, the land of opprortunities.

Best wishes to every one waiting for their PR process to complete and come to Canada.

vermas
Congrats! Verma for enjoying your job and atmosphere in Canada.

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Thank you for your words of hope.Which city are you please

auditor

Mar 30, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
17-03-2010
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
03-08-2012
Congrats vermas!!!

do you fall under 1111 Accountant & Auditor?

Good Luck
Auditor

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vermas said:

VERMAS,

I had no doubt in my mind that you would succeed and be happy in Canada.....congratulations again... :)

I loved your comments and posts because they are so full of positivity. Even though you are "out of the comfort zone", you have not allowed anything to deter you.

That's the true spirit of survival...... :)

Wish you ALL THE BEST again.... :)

Mitali

NB: If I may request, for the sake of other members....please can you mention the courses that you plan to pursue to further your career in Banking. This will help many others to plan accordingly....

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
vermas said:

vermas
hi. good to know that and congrats...would you mind telling us how u got these jobs...was it an arrange employment (AEO) with a bank? wat abt other gas station job? did u get these jobs thru source / link..?

u r pretty quick in getting two jobs...congrats again and pls answer. thx +1 for this poitive post.

saahil

Mar 22, 2012
vermas said:

vermas

Hello Verma's

Its Nice to know that you are happy in canada..... :) im planning to land soon there... i just wanted few details
about bank jobs there.. would appreciate if you can help me out with this..... wil send you a PM please do reply

thanks

Saahil

Hello Verma's

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Congrats its really a great achievement in just a month of landing.
Hats off to your spirits.

mycan

vermas said:
Its $ 11/hr at the gas stn and $ 15/hr at the bank (it varies from position to position at the bank). I have just put my foot in the door at the bank. I am told by my colleagues that a good performer is not let go and is normally regularised in 4-6 months. I have started pursuing local banking related certifications with an aim to grow my career here.

I have just changed my profile picture beacuse I am loving Canada.

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2014 and DECISION MADE on 7-4 -2014
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Dear Verma,
Your testimony made me feel real good about Canada.
God will continue to bless as you gave the true picture of things in our dream home.

Wolvy

May 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-29-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 9-1-2011, 10-4-2011 2nd AOR
Med's Request
10-28-2013 & RPRF requested, doc request 12-27-2013
Med's Done....
11-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
Congrats Vermas! I wish you continued success.

Canadian Elect

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER : 12-12-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
28-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
God's time
mandiebraxton said:
Congratulations! I pray that you continue to enjoy your new home. All the best!
*Mandie*
Hey Mandie, Your application completed one year today. hope u hear good news soon

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Dear friends,

Thanks for your messages and wishes. I am in Richmond Hill (GTA). My first target is to clear RIBO (insurance related), then CSC (Canadian Securities) and CIFC (mutual funds). I got gas stn job thru walk-in (the owner got this gas stn about two months back only, and needed a person. My relative goes to this place and asked me to check) and banking job through a placement agency. I hope you will find my following posts informative.

Dear Mitali - Thanks for your good words. The target is to be in "the comfort zone" within 4-6 months. I am 26.5 years old young man, with 4 years of previous experience in Banking and Aviation sectors and came here with open mind with no inhibitions or reservations. As soon as I got my visa on 5 March 2012, I started doing web research and made a check list (pre-departure, landing and post landing) and have been implementing it. I have set certain targets for myself to achieve in the short-term (get regularised at job), mid-term (marriage, I am in that age group) and long-term (buy a house).

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/vermas-u34531.html;sa,showPosts;start,15

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thousands-thousands-thousands-jobs-in-toronto-upcoming-job-fairs-t83858.0.html;msg1443177#msg1443177

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thousands-thousands-thousands-jobs-in-toronto-upcoming-job-fairs-t83858.0.html;msg1445667#msg1445667

Best wishes to every one..

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Dear friends,

with reference to my previous post, here is my check list (partly) as some portion (pre-departure and landing) has been cropped). As I was to live in Richmond Hill/GTA, my research centred around this area. Hope its helpful. All of this information is copy/paste from from some threads and web.

PLEASE RETAIN ALL YOUR BOARDING PASSES ...you may need them later as an additional proof for your landing date.

AND for CITIZENSHIP One of the prerequisite to become a citizen depends on the TIME LIVED IN CANADA - " To become Canadian citizens, adults must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before applying.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp

Sometimes when there is a discrepancy regarding the number of days of physical presence in Canada, one has to prove that he/she was indeed present physically in Canada.

The BOARDING PASSES would help you and the Judge determine the actual dates. Also please NOTE that CANADA does not have any EXIT CONTROLS. So, when you actually leave Canada, there is no stamping in your Passport.

Saving the boarding passes seems to me the only way to determine the physical presence in Canada. Please also retain them in case you happen to leave Canada (for vacation) at any time before you apply for Citizenship.

Apply for a Health Card (OHIP) - To apply for a health card, you will need your birth certificate, Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292) and passport. OHIP application centre - Richmond Hill Counter - Unit 4, 10909 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill, Monday to Wednesday & Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.; Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

1. Apply for a Driver's Licence
How to obtain Ontario Driving License with our Home Country's D/License

The procedure of obtaining a Canadian driving license is pretty much simple within our 1st few days [max a week]. Remember, this is 'easy' if we are coming from countries which has a similar driving & road management conditions [read 'left-hand drive']. If not, we may have to undertake some training before we apply.
Pre-conditions / Which License:
1. If we have over 24 months 'overseas' driving experience -we get the Ontario G2 Driving License.
2. If we have over 12 months [but less than 24] driving experience -we get the Ontario G1 Driving License.
(Details below)

Direct Swap of Licenses:
If our home country doesn't have a *reciprocal licence exchange agreement with Ontario, we cannot Swap our current D/License to get a Toronto-ON D/License.
*Reciprocal License Exchange Agreement exists between Ontario and: US, Japan, Korea, Switzerland, Germany, France, UK, Austria & Belgium.

What is the Procedure then:
But, in that case do we have to START all over Again? No... We can immediately apply & get a Toronto (Ontario) Driving License thru the following procedure:

Step-1 -Before we 'Land':
1. We must obtain a 'Letter of Authentication'* from the country's Roads & Transport Authority, explaining** our D/License.
2. Take also a 'True Translation Copy'* of our D/License from Road & Transport Authority. Both 1 & 2 maybe clubbed in one.
3. Obtain an International Driving License/Permit*** (IDL / IDP).
stating "more than 24 months" driving experience in our country.
*In English or French, the 2 Canadian Official Languages.
**The explanation should include 24 or 12 months driving experience [the Pre-conditions will apply].
***This is nothing but a translated copy of our present D/license. (it can be used in lieu of point-1 & 2 above).

Benefits of the IDL / IDP:
With the foregoing, we can drive a car abroad for three [3] months (2 months, in Ontario). Within that time apply for the Ontario Driving License. This International Driving Licenses [IDL/IDP]are issued against our original D/Licenses by the Automobile Associations or [sometimes] the RTA/RTO of our home country. Check them for more details.

Step-2 -After you 'Land':
In such cases we are called 'Out of Country Drivers' and we can skip the G2 'waiting period' and get the G2 license immediately [with that 24 months letter] or a G1 driving license [if we only have the above 12 months letter].

Now for the Ontario driver's licence are required to;
1. Present a valid foreign Driver's License*,
2. Provide an acceptable Proof of Identity [SIN, PR card etc.]
3. Pay all applicable Fees,
4. Pass a Vision Test
5. Pass the Written Knowledge Test -regarding Ontario's traffic rules.
*If it is not in English or French, it is to be accompanied by a written translation from a qualified translator; [we got that, as the Authentication Letter]

Note: Applicants are required to provide adequate proof of foreign driving experience. However, if it is not there, the ministry will accept applicants' declaration of their foreign driving experience on the driver's licence application for up to a maximum of 12 months experience. In that case we get the G1* license only.

Step-3 -The Tests to take:
Based on the 24 months Authentication Letter the ministry will recognize the applicant's foreign driving experience as certified on the authentication letter AND,

1. After Step-2, we can attempt the G2*Exit Road Tests (mandatory wait times are waived).
2. Upon successfully passing the G2* Exit Road Test, we get the G2* license.
3. After few months of driving under G2* we can apply for a G*Licence.
4. If we 'only' have the 12 months letter & not the 24, we qualify for G1* Road Test & the G1* driving license only.
5. If we don't provide any letter, we must pass the G1* road test and have a 12-month wait period for taking G2* road test.

*The License Grading Explained [G1, G2 & G]:
-G1 License has certain limitations like we have to always drive alongwith a G license holder. It is thus, useless for us, who have good & adequate driving experience under similar driving conditions & system as that of Canada [read 'left-hand drive' experience & similar road/traffic management conditions].
-G2 License is as good as G, except that we cannot drive on the Highway at certain times (Midnight Rush Hrs. when truck movement starts).
-G License is the 'full fledged' driving license.
Source:
http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/OutOfCountryDrivers.aspx

Note:
1. The above procedure is mainly addressed for the Ontario (ON) province.
2. The procedure is pretty much similar with all other provinces as well [BC, NS, NB etc.].
3. If we are not coming from a similar driving condition country, we must take some training before we proceed.
4. Usually we can get the G2 driving license quite easily [with the foregoing steps].

EMPLOYMENT- Recruiter's list
•Noble - 7171 Jane Street, Concord, http://www.noble.ca/. They are expanding to have 31 branches and have vacancies

The People Bank
3100 Steeles Avenue East #401, Markham, (905) 470-3111

Manpower
7500-7560 Woodbine Ave, Unit F, Markham
Phone: 905-948-1235
Email: Markham.ON @ na.manpower.com

Adecco
8500 Leslie Street, Suite 560
Markham
(905) 695-1120

Apple One Employment Services - 4961 Hwy 7, Markham
(905) 477-4450

Randstad : Markham
7357 Woodbine Avenue, Suite 2, Markham ON
Phone Number: 905.470.2325

Job Skills - 8400 Woodbine, Markham
(905) 477-1227

Bagg Group
Markham Office
3000 Steeles Avenue East
Suite 100
Markham, ON L3R 4T9
(905) 709-3917

Kelly Services
7100, Woodbine Ave
Suite #113, Markham
Tel: 905-415-9203
7671 @ kellyservices.com -

Adecco Employment Services – 203-10825 Yonge Street and 308-9555 Yonge street, Richmond Hill, Phone: 905-737-4300

Randstad Richmond Hill - 1 W Pearce St #307, Richmond Hill, (905) 882-1044

Apple One - 9555 Yonge Street and 9631 Yonge Street, Richmond hill, richmondhill @ mail.all-in-1.com

Staffing Services - (905) 737-1600 10239 Yonge St, Richmond Hill, ON

York Staffing Solutions - 9218 Yonge, Richmond Hill, (905) 881-8878

Hunt Personnel - 10620 Yonge, Richmond hill,

Grant Martin & Associates - #18, 120 West Beaver Creek Rd, Richmond Hill, (905) 709-3201

VPI Inc - 1 West Pearce St, Richmond Hill ON L4B 3K3, (905) 882-9561

First Choice Personnel (905) 660-0775, 201-8900 Keele St, Concord, Vaughan, ON

ACCES Employment - 2100 Ellesmere Road, Suite 250, Scarborough, ON - Tel: 416.431.5326 and 1500 Don Mills Road, Suite 102, North York, ON, M3B 3L1, Tel: 416.443.9008

LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) LINC is a federal government program for all
eligible adult immigrants. It offers: • free language training for adult newcomers who want or need bbasic English or French; • language classes given by school boards, colleges and local organizations;
• the choice of studying part time, full time, evenings or weekends, depending on your needs and your schedule; and • transportation and child-minding, if necessary.
Language, Settlement & Skills Training Services, Richmond Hill - Welcome Centre Immigrant Services, 9325 Yonge Street , Richmond Hill, Ontario L4C 0A8, Phone: 289.842.3124,
Email: rhill @ costi.org

naikabhay11

Jan 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ vermas
There is always a shower waiting for u after long marathon,u have to just find it.

congrats mate.
all the best ffor ur futur.

abhay