+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have been refused an Australian student visa, what is my fate with Canada ?

cartonkay

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
in 2012, I was refused :( an Australian Student visa on the grounds that my sponsor had provided me with non existent bank statement (Fraudulent misrepresentation) and subsequently, I was informed I risk applying for an Australian visa in the next 3 years (ending 2015).
I have again gained admission to study in Canada in 2013 and I wish to apply a visa, could my denial of Australian visa in the previous year affect my chances with Canada pending the recent information sharing ? ::) ::) ::)

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cartonkay said:
in 2012, I was refused :( an Australian Student visa on the grounds that my sponsor had provided me with non existent bank statement (Fraudulent misrepresentation) and subsequently, I was informed I risk applying for an Australian visa in the next 3 years (ending 2015).
I have again gained admission to study in Canada in 2013 and I wish to apply a visa, could my denial of Australian visa in the previous year affect my chances with Canada pending the recent information sharing ? ::) ::) ::)
HI,
Not at all. Rejection doesn't matter in Canad visa.

zinten

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
cartonkay said:
Totally different country !!!

This will not effect your application for Canada at all. Since your applying for totally different country. Just go for it...
Make sure you check all your docs by yourself.

theoptimist

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Harare
Visa Office......
Harare / Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
LANDED..........
15 AUGUST :D
Previous rejects don't matter at all!...I have one previous rejection to England from some few years back and that hasnt negatively affected my file as I got the medical call and when applying in my country a medical call basically means you're getting your visa in a few weeks now ;D

But, I would investigate as to why they thought your docs were false. Make sure the Canadian authorities don't feel the same about the documents you submit.

cartonkay

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
thank you too. I am only getting worried because I submitted my documents on the 8th of July and I have not yet been called for medicals (1week 2 days now). my friend submitted his and he was called for medicals after a week.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
cartonkay said:
thank you too. I am only getting worried because I submitted my documents on the 8th of July and I have not yet been called for medicals (1week 2 days now). my friend submitted his and he was called for medicals after a week.
what is ur profile? what course did u apply too? have u used the same bank statement or a genuine statement this time? all these questions matter ur past rejection wont matter....

cartonkay

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
I have a bachelors in Intergrated development Studies. I was offered Nursing with Univ of Canberra. this time I have admission with confederation college and I am using a genuine bank statement.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
cartonkay said:
I have a bachelors in Intergrated development Studies. I was offered Nursing with Univ of Canberra. this time I have admission with confederation college and I am using a genuine bank statement.
what is integrated development studies? do u have a potential mismatch with nursing?

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
Did you mention that you were refused an Australian visa?

It asks this question in the application form.

cartonkay

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
I am more worried because I saw that question on the visa application form.

1. will the high commission inform me via e-mail in case I do not qualify or they will pronounce judgement on my day of appointment as per the chit I was given the day I submitted my forms ?

2. my submission date was on the 08 July 2013, and on the chit I was asked to report at the high commission on the 22 July 2013. I have still not had a call for medicals.

cartonkay

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
hello everyone, today I was called for the medicals. thanks to each and everyone of you, your concern is very much appreciated.

cartonkay

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
thanks for your answer Nuhush, I checked your other posts and I was glad to see you ask all those questions which were all well answered.
but I went for my medicals on friday 19th July, do you think it will take a week or more for me to finally get my visa ? ;D I continue to feel restless :-X until I finally have my visa in hand. :)