+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a full time job. What are my options after PGWP expires?

config-terminal

Jan 26, 2018
Folks, some updates here -

I completed IELTS again and here is my new score :

Speaking 7.5
Writing 6.5
Listening 8.0
Reading 9.0

Overall Score 8.0

----------------------

Because of this, my CRS score has improved a bit. Now it's 418 - I tried to create ONe-Key ID but one of the questions was, when did you receive notification of interest from Ontario on your IRCC account? THIS IS CONFUSING

IRCC account - is this the same where I have my express entry profile submitted?

If yes, where/how should I receive this 'notification of interest from Ontario'? Because without that, I don`t seem to be able to apply under Human Capital Category for Ontario.

Any help/guidance will be much appreciated :)

config-terminal

Jan 26, 2018
Thank you for the experience, please be my mentor :D
- I have tried applying for Masters in many universities but unlucky did not get admission in any of them, tried for 2 years post graduate diploma but still got rejected guess my luck is bad. I have been working for 8 years after my graduation.
- I finally got offer letter from two colleges in Ontario both are one year course, so i am planning to do both the course one year after another to get total two years then apply for PGWP to get a 3 years permit. I saw people in this form getting 3 years PGWP after doing two 1 year courses PG Diploma.

This is my plan for getting PR in Canada, hope it works.
--------------------------------------

In my opinion, you should get that one-year course in the Ontario college. Once you are here, find a course that is 2-3 years and switch. Later on, you can extend your study permit. But, make sure your main focus is study while you are on study permit and not work.

config-terminal

Jan 26, 2018
Basically if you achieve 8 in Listening and 7 in all other sections your score will improve considerably. I don't know what your CRS is so use an online CRS calculator and see your potential score.

Speaking 7.5
Writing 6.5
Listening 8.0
Reading 9.0

Overall Score 8.0

After the new score, my CRS is 418

config-terminal

Jan 26, 2018
Guys,

Just an update here -

Because my PGWP is about to expire in two months, I had applied for an open work permit but recently it was rejected. The reason they gave me was missing LMIA.

I still do not have enough score in EE profile to get ITA so not sure what should be my next step!

I am going to ask my employer for LMIA

Also, I am thinking about OINP (Foreign Worker With Job Offer Stream)

config-terminal

Jan 26, 2018
!
You should consider getting the writing section re-evaluated.
I thought about it but it takes about a month and meanwhile I could not use the IELTS score and TBH, I don`t think my score will improve - If it were a writing exam on a computer, I would have received 9 lol! But give me pen and paper and all goes south...

dilip123

Aug 2, 2013
you should move to nova scotia pei or alberta and tried pnp options rather than spending time in ontario

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Speaking 7.5
Writing 6.5
Listening 8.0
Reading 9.0

Overall Score 8.0

After the new score, my CRS is 418
You must try to get 8777 in LRSW. That is the only way. Or go back to home country and work for few years to earn foreign skilled work which will boost your score by a lot.

config-terminal

Jan 26, 2018
You must try to get 8777 in LRSW. That is the only way. Or go back to home country and work for few years to earn foreign skilled work which will boost your score by a lot.
What are you saying is that getting 0.5 extra bands in Writing module will solve my issue?

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
what are the options, we have to work and stay in Canada after completing one year PG course?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
what are the options, we have to work and stay in Canada after completing one year PG course?
Options are pretty limited. You should take a 2 year course so that you qualify for a 3 year PGWP.