+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a full time job. What are my options after PGWP expires?

config-terminal

Jan 26, 2018
I have done two year program with 3 months official break and I studied in a government college. Do you think it’s CIC mistake or not.
Whether we think it is a mistake on CIC's part or not that doesn`t matter. Especially when you have a lawyer. Please let us know the outcome of your case so other users can benefit. A mistake on a CIC part is rare as far as I have seen.

Keep in mind that the difference between a lawyer and someone like us is that you are paying them to advise you! they don`t really have any control whatsoever in terms of the outcome of your case. In other words, everything a lawyer can do, you can do as well.

All the best.

Sssanappa

May 17, 2021
Yeah they email to CIC about that and it get resolved now I will get 3 PGWP. Also I want to know that you are talking about like something to do with conditional discharge my friend have this discharge and she applied for pgwp and she did not get any response yet. I want to know that will she get her pgwp or not.

proceso

May 1, 2020
As I understand. Before the PGWP expires, we can apply for PR (CEC category) and once we receive the acknowledgement letter we can use that to apply for a BOWP and continue to work.

I don't understand why you had to obtain an ITA before applying for BOWP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As I understand. Before the PGWP expires, we can apply for PR (CEC category) and once we receive the acknowledgement letter we can use that to apply for a BOWP and continue to work.

I don't understand why you had to obtain an ITA before applying for BOWP.
You've misunderstood BOWP eligibility rules.

You only qualify for a BOWP after ITA.

Simply submitting an Express Entry profile is not enough.

To qualify for a BOWP, you need to create an EE profile, then be selected out of the pool / receive ITA, and then submit your complete PR application. Only then do you get AOR and qualify for a BOWP.

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Do we need to create any profile for CEC, or its the same express entry profile?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: arindam.d

peru_camus

Nov 24, 2021
Hello everyone,

Here is my situation. I'm under PGWP, this will expire in August next year. I created my EE profile back in March 2021. I only qualified for CEC. I currently have a score of 380. Two years of experience and a 6.5 on my IELTS score. I'm currently working in the IT tech field in Ontario,

As I mentioned before, my PGWP will expire within 9 months and I do not know what to do to keepsatyuing here in Canada. I am trying to get the LMIA through my employer; however, I am not sure if they will agree with this. Even though they move forward with this, I am not sure if the process for the LMIA will be enough and have a positive result before my PGWP expires.

About my score on my IELT, on Dec 29 I will take the CELPIP test, hopefully expecting a good score here. I am also not sure if my score increase, there is no guarantee the CEC will draw a score that will help me to get the ITA Since we are not having draws since early September, I see most likely we will have to start next year.

I also want to get suggestions about the PNP program. Do I need a job offer to qualify for PNP? I am not sure what this involves. If having the PNP, will I have the chance to apply for an open work permit?

I've been waiting for a draw with the lower score that can help me to get the ITA. Back in June and July, there were a couple of times where the score went to 357. At the time my score was 353, now that I have 380, there is no scores since September. I've been trying to find ways to keep staying here in Canada. Going back to my home country will be a huge step back in my immigration process since I've been here in Canada since 2017.

I will appreciate any advice, idea, or experience that can help to find a solution to my needs.

Reactions: proceso

proceso

May 1, 2020
Hello everyone,

Here is my situation. I'm under PGWP, this will expire in August next year. I created my EE profile back in March 2021. I only qualified for CEC. I currently have a score of 380. Two years of experience and a 6.5 on my IELTS score. I'm currently working in the IT tech field in Ontario,

As I mentioned before, my PGWP will expire within 9 months and I do not know what to do to keepsatyuing here in Canada. I am trying to get the LMIA through my employer; however, I am not sure if they will agree with this. Even though they move forward with this, I am not sure if the process for the LMIA will be enough and have a positive result before my PGWP expires.

About my score on my IELT, on Dec 29 I will take the CELPIP test, hopefully expecting a good score here. I am also not sure if my score increase, there is no guarantee the CEC will draw a score that will help me to get the ITA Since we are not having draws since early September, I see most likely we will have to start next year.

I also want to get suggestions about the PNP program. Do I need a job offer to qualify for PNP? I am not sure what this involves. If having the PNP, will I have the chance to apply for an open work permit?

I've been waiting for a draw with the lower score that can help me to get the ITA. Back in June and July, there were a couple of times where the score went to 357. At the time my score was 353, now that I have 380, there is no scores since September. I've been trying to find ways to keep staying here in Canada. Going back to my home country will be a huge step back in my immigration process since I've been here in Canada since 2017.

I will appreciate any advice, idea, or experience that can help to find a solution to my needs.
I am in the same situation as yours. I will be able to apply for CEC in June 2022, my PGWP will expire on August.

Reactions: peru_camus

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately your score is too low for Ontario PNP and no one knows if and when another CEC specific draw will take place.

PNP in another province might be an option for you but you would have to find a job in another province and then move there. You would also want to research that province's PNP program to make sure the job you have and other factors (e.g. EE score if applicable) make you eligible to apply under that program.

You should work as hard as you can to max out your CELPIP score.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am in the same situation as yours. I will be able to apply for CEC in June 2022, my PGWP will expire on August.
If you want to continue working, then you need to receive ITA, submit your complete application and apply for the BOWP before your PGWP expires in August. So for CEC, that would mean you need to have a high enough score and there need to be draws running in June, July or August in order for this to be possible.

You should also look into the PNP program for the province where you are living and working right now.

Otherwise your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA in order for you to be able to keep working.

peru_camus

Nov 24, 2021
I see. This situation is hard to handle.
BTW, if you have a work experience in Canada for at least 2 years, the English test has taken either CELPIP or IELTS with a CLB of 6 or 7, depending on your NOC. You can create a EE profile and be eligible for CEC.

peru_camus

Nov 24, 2021
Unfortunately your score is too low for Ontario PNP and no one knows if and when another CEC specific draw will take place.

PNP in another province might be an option for you but you would have to find a job in another province and then move there. You would also want to research that province's PNP program to make sure the job you have and other factors (e.g. EE score if applicable) make you eligible to apply under that program.

You should work as hard as you can to max out your CELPIP score.
Hopefully, my next English text will get a 400+ in CEC. However, I am not sure if there is an option to apply for OINP. All I know is you get invited for that. Also, there is a chance you do not get invited.

I've been looking for PNP options in other provinces. The small amount of provinces I search for does not offer an IT position. If anyone knows what provinces can get you a PNP under the IT tech field, advices will be appreciated.

I am doing all I have to have a better result on my coming test.

peru_camus

Nov 24, 2021
If you want to continue working, then you need to receive ITA, submit your complete application and apply for the BOWP before your PGWP expires in August. So for CEC, that would mean you need to have a high enough score and there need to be draws running in June, July or August in order for this to be possible.

You should also look into the PNP program for the province where you are living and working right now.

Otherwise, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA in order for you to be able to keep working.
That is my plan. Once I get ITA, I am planning to get also go for the BOWP. Sadly, the score scores back in June, August of the present year, were between 357- 400. At that time my score was 353. Due to my second year working my score went up to 378.

About the LMIA, My employer may be willing to help with this, however, I understand that one of the requirements is to post the position into the Job Bank for at least 3 months. I am not sure if this will affect a positive LMIA result. My employer may be willing to get the LMIA to help me to extend my Work permit. Also, they wouldn't like the idea to quit because my position is a huge project that takes time t train someone else.

proceso

May 1, 2020

Otherwise your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA in order for you to be able to keep working.
Thank you for the info, so when I complete my 1-year experience next June I'll get 479 points. Hopefully, that will be enough for the CEC and they will actually held some CEC draws.

Or I'll have to improve my language skills

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That is my plan. Once I get ITA, I am planning to get also go for the BOWP. Sadly, the score scores back in June, August of the present year, were between 357- 400. At that time my score was 353. Due to my second year working my score went up to 378.

About the LMIA, My employer may be willing to help with this, however, I understand that one of the requirements is to post the position into the Job Bank for at least 3 months. I am not sure if this will affect a positive LMIA result. My employer may be willing to get the LMIA to help me to extend my Work permit. Also, they wouldn't like the idea to quit because my position is a huge project that takes time t train someone else.
I would recommend that you not count on getting ITA through CEC/EE. We do not know if or when CEC draws will restart. It's quite possible IRCC is not going to conduct further CEC draws (only general) in which case you'll be competing with FSW applicants and will need a score of 470+ to have any chance of being selected.

I would recommend you look into other options as well. Don't count on CEC. Hopefully you'll get lucky and CEC will work out. But that is far from guaranteed.

Good luck.

Reactions: peru_camus