+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a first professional degree in medicine, but I don't have doctor license

Dr. Hani

Mar 5, 2018
Hello and thank you all for such informative discussion,

My Question is: I'm a doctor but I'm working in clinical research in hospital settings (not university) so I'm confused which NOC I should use in my case.

Thank you,

Mikias

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
hi

I have just completed my ECA for my MBBS degree. Its equivalent to doctor of medicine it states. I have claimed points under professional degree requiring license to practice. I dont think passing exam is needed for PR. You need to clear exams to get residency and then practice in Canada.Even if you have completed your post graduation in India you dont get any points for it. Only MBBS degree needs verification and gets points
Did u get your PR now after claiming points under professional degree requiring license to practice?

boss123

Oct 19, 2014
Hi, i am a doctor from Pakistan. After doing my MBBS, i am in 3rd year resident training in Anesthesia and recently cleared my IMM also. I am looking to apply for PR in Canada. When i calculate my CRS points, what option of education should i choose? i am really not sure where to start from and how to calculate my points. Also there is some federal skilled worker option as well. Can any one help me please?

regards

Emanradwan

Nov 1, 2018
About 3 months. It's a long process, but I also sent the wrong documents, plus I had to get them translated. Hopefully, yours won't take as long.
Could you tell me please which documents didi you request a source verification for ? Is it the medical degree diploma only ? Thanking you

Euroboi

Aug 27, 2017
Tacloban
NOC Code......
Hi!
I hope someone could help me out. I will start applying for EE. I am a doctor and my pre med course is Physical Therapy, am a Physical Therapist, too. Will I need to get ECA in MCC for these two courses or just the Medicine course? But am not in a hurry to study medicine course in Canada since it needs to get it done so I could apply as a doctor in Canada. I only wanted to have ECA so I could have a job whenever given a visa to get there. .
Should I get ECA in MCC or WES is enough? Should I need to submit also docs for my Pre med course which is PT or Medicine course is enough to be evaluated. Thank you for the information.

Niveditha87

Nov 27, 2017
Hi.
I have a MD in anesthesia from.india. Does the three years of residency count as work experience though we were paid a stipend and not a salary?
I have reference letters in the format required but no pay stubs or itr for that year as it was a stipend. What should I do? Is the reference letter with the work and pay details sufficient?

Reactions: drnethrasrao

deepu.nagula

Dec 22, 2018
What was the NOC you used for research?

Thanks,
I am also in the same situation. I did MBBS from India and working in pharmacovigilance industry as Drug safety physician, it is more or less like clinical research experience since past 6 years. I would like to move to canada. which NOC i should apply as physicians or anything pertaining to pharmaceuticals or clinical research for the employment reasons and also does my credentials (mbbs) should be verified with MCC for ECA report or WES is enough. If MCC/ WES, do they consider it as Masters or first professional degree (M.D) or simply Bachelors. Kindly reply to my query.

Reactions: drnethrasrao

drnethrasrao

Aug 19, 2018
Hi.
I have a MD in anesthesia from.india. Does the three years of residency count as work experience though we were paid a stipend and not a salary?
I have reference letters in the format required but no pay stubs or itr for that year as it was a stipend. What should I do? Is the reference letter with the work and pay details sufficient?
Found any further information on this ?

piouspal

Jan 22, 2019
I am also in the same situation. I did MBBS from India and working in pharmacovigilance industry as Drug safety physician, it is more or less like clinical research experience since past 6 years. I would like to move to canada. which NOC i should apply as physicians or anything pertaining to pharmaceuticals or clinical research for the employment reasons and also does my credentials (mbbs) should be verified with MCC for ECA report or WES is enough. If MCC/ WES, do they consider it as Masters or first professional degree (M.D) or simply Bachelors. Kindly reply to my query.
Same here. I have done my MBBS and then MS in Epidemiology and Biostatistics and working in public health and research for 6 years. Whether should I send my degrees to WES or MCC. I am not a practicing physician nor I intend to practice in Canada.