+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a first professional degree in medicine, but I don't have doctor license

mondayliang

Jul 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My WES report indicates my Canadian equivalent degree is a first professional degree in medicine( Doctor of medicine), but I don't have doctor license in Canada yet and also I am working in a car dealership now. can I use this ECA report to get 135 points in education factor?

Thanks your help!

Reactions: DRMDSMUHIT

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. Educational credentials from a foreign country supported by an ECA get you points under EE. Provincial license inside Canada gets you employment in a regulated profession. 2 different things.

mondayliang

Jul 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. Educational credentials from a foreign country supported by an ECA get you points under EE. Provincial license inside Canada gets you employment in a regulated profession. 2 different things.
University degree at the Master’s level or equalFootnote 2 OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equalFootnote 2). Occupation related to the degree must be:
NOC 2011 Skill Level A, and
licensed by a provincial regulatory body.
Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy.

what is the exactly mean of this message come from CIC website

mondayliang

Jul 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how to post a link here? the system say I am not allowed to post a link. I can show you the address

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
mondayliang said:
how to post a link here? the system say I am not allowed to post a link. I can show you the address
Copy the link and put it between --- YOUR LINK

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mondayliang said:
I tried, it still doesnt work, can you give me more deltails?
You'll need to have a few more posts before you can post links.

You're looking at this link ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

That is the 100 point FSW grid. That's not the right place to be looking at if you want to know whether your ECA can add points to your CRS or not. Check the link in my earlier post for an answer to that question.

Also, CRS points are awarded based on the ECA. License required to practice in a Province is an Employment Requirement which is not considered by the officer while awarding you points for either educational credential or foreign work experience.

caddr

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mondayliang said:
My WES report indicates my Canadian equivalent degree is a first professional degree in medicine( Doctor of medicine), but I don't have doctor license in Canada yet and also I am working in a car dealership now. can I use this ECA report to get 135 points in education factor?

Thanks your help!
I m sorry if i am wrong but For your medicine degree, dont u think u should have applied to medical council of canada for your degree assessment not WES.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caddr said:
I m sorry if i am wrong but For your medicine degree, dont u think u should have applied to medical council of canada for your degree assessment not WES.
Fair point. There are circumstances though where one might not need to do this.

OP can check more here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

Especially the part about 'How to choose a designated organization'

nkpatelcan

Apr 2, 2017
Asivad Anac said:
hello,
I have completed my bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery in the year 2013 which includes 4 and a half year of study + 1 year of internship. I had worked as a general physician in India for more than one year. my question is I have applied for WES in MCC but what educational credential they will give me? just bachelor or first professional degree in medicine? and if they give me first professional degree credential, as I have not cleared MCC examinations, still I will be able to apply as a professional degree holder and get 23 points in 67 points system?
thanking you

SREEPRIYA

Mar 30, 2017
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
File Transfer...
22-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
hi

I have just completed my ECA for my MBBS degree. Its equivalent to doctor of medicine it states. I have claimed points under professional degree requiring license to practice. I dont think passing exam is needed for PR. You need to clear exams to get residency and then practice in Canada.Even if you have completed your post graduation in India you dont get any points for it. Only MBBS degree needs verification and gets points

may88

Jun 23, 2017
hello,
I have completed my bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery in the year 2013 which includes 4 and a half year of study + 1 year of internship. I had worked as a general physician in India for more than one year. my question is I have applied for WES in MCC but what educational credential they will give me? just bachelor or first professional degree in medicine? and if they give me first professional degree credential, as I have not cleared MCC examinations, still I will be able to apply as a professional degree holder and get 23 points in 67 points system?
thanking you
Hi. Did you get any reply for this? I'm in the exact same situation.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
ECA for a degree in medicine is done exclusively by MCC
It will be equal to masters/first proffessional degree in terms of points, not bachelors
You do not need to clear MCC exams to recieve those points, just the initial source verification which takes time and then once done you can request online through your MCC profile an ECA report