+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have a degree from Hong Kong, Do IRCC look at your conferment date or semester end date for PR applications?

bryanbo28

Aug 31, 2021
Hi guys, new here,

As I am planning to study abroad next year in Toronto for a graduate certificate, I have found out that I could be eligible for the PR Hong Kong Pathway Stream A.

However the requirements stated that, if I plan to obtain a 1 year graduate certificate/post-grad diploma in Canada starting from Fall 2022, my degree from Hong Kong had to be completed within the 5-years before the date I start my 1 year program in Canada in order to be eligible for a PR.

My question is does IRCC or Canada in general count the conferment date of the degree graduate certificate (which stated I was graduated Nov 2017), or they look at the semester end date (which was stated in the transcript that I completed all the credits requirements in June 2017) as the official graduation date?

As I am going to start my study in Canada from around Sept 2022, I have to clarify this in order to finalize my plan of moving to Canada long term.

Thank you guys, if I violated any regulations here please let me know.