+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I have 9 days buffer (1104 days). Is that enough?

parlvu

Mar 7, 2014
According to the calculator, I have physical presence of 1104 days and basic residence of 1380 days.

My absences include business trips to the USA and trips to visit family abroad.

Note that I also used days before I became PR (I was here on work permit) - so some of those days helped.

Is this enough to avoid problems when applying? Has anyone got RQ before with just about 9-10 days buffer?

Of course I'd like to wait as long as possible but I also want to apply before the new law kicks in.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applying on 1100 days mark is fine out of last 4 years which is 1460 days. Whether you will get RQ or not will depend on your individual situation. CIC will look at your absent days and other factors. New application of 02-2014 requires work documents (T4, NOA) to proof the residency and probably chances of getting RQ would be far less then earlier years..

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
It depends. How sure are you of yours days absent? With a nine day window, a few mistakes could put you in a bad spot.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
links18 said:
It depends. How sure are you of yours days absent? With a nine day window, a few mistakes could put you in a bad spot.
yup this actually happened to me because I made an error on my rq on my dates of absences but the officer was okay because I had several days in excess.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, one has lots of overseas trip including US, must be careful on online residence calculation. Must have evidence on exit entry such as double check stamps in passports, airline data etc..

MR Stephen Harper

Jan 12, 2014
parlvu said:
According to the calculator, I have physical presence of 1104 days and basic residence of 1380 days.

My absences include business trips to the USA and trips to visit family abroad.

Note that I also used days before I became PR (I was here on work permit) - so some of those days helped.

Is this enough to avoid problems when applying? Has anyone got RQ before with just about 9-10 days buffer?

Of course I'd like to wait as long as possible but I also want to apply before the new law kicks in.
READ THE CIC INSTRUCTION GUIDE AND DO EXACTLY. AS IT SAYS,NO LESS NO MORE FULLSTOP.

parlvu

Mar 7, 2014
MR Stephen Harper said:
READ THE CIC INSTRUCTION GUIDE AND DO EXACTLY. AS IT SAYS,NO LESS NO MORE FULLSTOP.
The CIC application guide doesnt tell you the criteria to get an RQ you troll.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
MR Stephen Harper said:
Then go back to school and learn how to read and not how to call names when you have been told tHE TRUTH!!
You original post was certainly not responsive to the original poster. CIC's application guide does not address "buffer days."

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC rule are simple. You are qualified to apply once you have met basic residence of 1095 days. However in general most of applicant applies only after meeting physical presence (covering the days spent outside in last 4 years). It's up to an applicant whether to apply on basic residence and face CJ or wait till to accumulate 1095 days physical presence. There is nothing call buffer zone. RQ is totally a different issue. CIC issues RQ when someone applies based on basic residence or there is a doubt on 1095 days physical presence declared by applicant..

MR Stephen Harper

Jan 12, 2014
links18 said:
You original post was certainly not responsive to the original poster. CIC's application guide does not address "buffer days."
First of all,there is no such thing as a "buffer!!"thats a "word" that originated from this forum with no meaning and definitely no meaning in the oxford dictionary nor recognition from CIC or any other legal,educational or cooperate entity.So at least lets agree on that one.Now Cic says. To sign your citizenship applcation when you have reached 1095 days! Why on earth is this difficult for most to understand really????? This "buffer"thing is a make belief thing that isnt recognized by anyone,once you reach your days,sign your apllication and mail it.Fullstop . No need to make things complicated,pple here are simply not reading the guide fromCIC. They are using this forum as their guide to apply for citizenship thats all...no wonder why the questions are just too silly!