+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I had my test Jan 11, and I am not decision made Yet! is t normal?

Joy in Canada

Apr 2, 2019
Hello
I want to ask if anyone had this experience?
I had my Test Jan 11 and everything moved smoothly, and I was hoping to hear back for my Oath date, But checking the website of CIC I see no progress and still "in Process"
I tried Calling them three times, they said I have to wait.
to mention that My 12 Months is already full.
any Suggestion?

Reactions: SANAGhada

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
You will get the Oath day soon. This month.

SANAGhada

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hello
I had my Test Jan 11 and everything moved smoothly, and I was hoping to hear back for my Oath date, But checking the website of CIC I see no progress and still "in Process"
any Suggestion?
Hello
That is quite normal
For me 16 months over since date of my application
5 months over since my test date
Montreal office
Still my ecas IP
WE ARE ALL IN SAME BOAT
Plz write your full timeline and your location office
Thank you

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello
any Suggestion?
What's your office?

Joy in Canada

Apr 2, 2019
Thanks for all the answers,

March 19, 2018, confirmation of receiving the docs
April 06, getting IP
Dec 24, Notice to take the test
Jan 11, 2019 Test in
Scarborough

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
I am thinking of your reply...did you say that by any experience? similar case?

Still no DM..
The spread sheet shows that they are working on Feb Applicants currently.

Big Boy

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hello
any Suggestion?
Hey @Joy in Canada
I was also in the same boat until last week. I did my test in the last week of Jan and didn't see any update on eCAS in the entire month of Feb, so I pretty much left it alone instead of stressing about it because it's noted on IRCC website that you'd expect ceremony invite within 3 months after writing the test which I think is correct in most cases. Long story short, I checked my eCAS last week and it's been changed to decision made but I still haven't received ceremony invite.
I called IRCC the next day to know more about the ceremony, and I was told that there are only 2 centres in the GTA for ceremonies and they're extremely backed up, so we don't know when you will get an invite but you're on the list to get one. And FYI, my application is around 17 month mark. Based on my experience I can say that your app is not related to anyone, whether that person sent the app or did the test on the same day as you, instead it's reliant on numerous factors and the sheer ability of the person who's handling your file. Timelines don't mean anything for governments and their workers!

If you have an emergency, i.e. career related, travel etc. you can always reach out to your MP and they will intervene but the circumstances have to be serious enough and you will have to outline the nature of them to your MP - advice from my MP.

Joy in Canada

Apr 2, 2019
Hey @Joy in Canada
I was also in the same boat until last week. I did my test in the last week of Jan and didn't see any update on eCAS in the entire month of Feb, so I pretty much left it alone instead of stressing about it because it's noted on IRCC website that you'd expect ceremony invite within 3 months after writing the test which I think is correct in most cases. Long story short, I checked my eCAS last week and it's been changed to decision made but I still haven't received ceremony invite.
I called IRCC the next day to know more about the ceremony, and I was told that there are only 2 centres in the GTA for ceremonies and they're extremely backed up, so we don't know when you will get an invite but you're on the list to get one. And FYI, my application is around 17 month mark. Based on my experience I can say that your app is not related to anyone, whether that person sent the app or did the test on the same day as you, instead it's reliant on numerous factors and the sheer ability of the person who's handling your file. Timelines don't mean anything for governments and their workers!

If you have an emergency, i.e. career related, travel etc. you can always reach out to your MP and they will intervene but the circumstances have to be serious enough and you will have to outline the nature of them to your MP - advice from my MP.
Thanks for all the above, in 2 days it will be 3 months after writing my test.
hope to hear back from them soon,
I will wait a few more days then will contact the MP, I am a travel Agent and need to travel, and Visa is a big Hassle every time for me to get.