+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got rejected for study permit once, I need help in applying again

farizz145

Jun 22, 2016
Hi, I recently applied for a study permit and got refused by cic when I applied online. They then sent me a checklist of the reasons they rejected me. The reasons were:
1) I didn't specify my purpose of visit.
2) I didn't provide my fathers letter of employment.
3) I didn't provide transcripts/diplomas.

So, for 1) I mentioned clearly in my letter of purpose that I want go to Canada for higher studies because it's education system is good and affordable.
For 2) there was no such option in the document checklist stating I have to provide my father's letter of employment.
For 3) I don't understand what transcripts CIC would require and there was no such option to upload it. P.S I uploaded my acceptance letter where it was mentioned.

Can anyone pls help me with this, because I am applying again, and I don't want to get rejected again.

Jeenda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
You should have been create a single document containing all educational documents and upload it in additional documents

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1: You should specifically state what you intend to do in Canada. e.g I am going for a 4 year undergraduate program in public health. State how you ended up choosing the school, the program and overall Canada. They are saying why did you choose Canada of all places. Attach an SOP stating these reasons.

2: if your Dad is your sponsor you will need an employment letter. At least something from his employer that states that he works there.

3: You certainly need transcripts and certifications that will go far in affirming your intent in Canada. Use the additional upload option and scan all the documents as one file.

Take these points seriously and you get your visa. You can do it.

farizz145 said:
Hi, I recently applied for a study permit and got refused by cic when I applied online. They then sent me a checklist of the reasons they rejected me. The reasons were:
1) I didn't specify my purpose of visit.
2) I didn't provide my fathers letter of employment.
3) I didn't provide transcripts/diplomas.

So, for 1) I mentioned clearly in my letter of purpose that I want go to Canada for higher studies because it's education system is good and affordable.
For 2) there was no such option in the document checklist stating I have to provide my father's letter of employment.
For 3) I don't understand what transcripts CIC would require and there was no such option to upload it. P.S I uploaded my acceptance letter where it was mentioned.

Can anyone pls help me with this, because I am applying again, and I don't want to get rejected again.

mihachris

May 5, 2016
I am applying online right now and from what I'm seeing you only have two options for Optional Documents to add:
  • Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
  • Letter of Explanation

They never mentioned anything about transcripts or anything else. Plus, there is no place to upload that stuff apparently.

dmahraj

Sep 20, 2014
Hello Seniors,

I have been approved for Master program fall 2016 in University 0f Alberta and I applied for study visa on May 13, 2016 online from UAE. Unfortunately, they have refused my application and they have stated following comments.

1) whether the person has been accepted to study at a Canadian educational institution;
I submitted conditional admission letter and CIC letter provided by university

2) the information in the travel and identity documents; What they mean?

3) the person’s ability to pay for the trip, to pay tuition fees and to support himself or herself while in Canada;
I submitted my own my fathers and uncle's bank statement total amount around 60K CAD with sponsorship letter
4) whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada; What they mean by this?
5) whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and What they mean by this?

6) whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.
I am married and I applied alone,
please seniors help me to understand these comments and guide me for next step. Thanks in advance

Jeenda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
You have done some major mistakes

1) Never apply with conditional admission letter. Always full fill all the requirements and get unconditional letter and apply.

2) You have showed, your uncle lives in Canada and he is sponsoring you. Right away you have weaned your case. Do not show relatives

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Jeenda said:
You have done some major mistakes

1) Never apply with conditional admission letter. Always full fill all the requirements and get unconditional letter and apply.

2) You have showed, your uncle lives in Canada and he is sponsoring you. Right away you have weaned your case. Do not show relatives
Sorry to barge in with questions but, What if the sponsor is not a relative, but a friend (or in my case my boyfriend)? - a Canadian citizen as well?

rdpldo

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
SandraRotaru said:
Sorry to barge in with questions but, What if the sponsor is not a relative, but a friend (or in my case my boyfriend)? - a Canadian citizen as well?
As per my agent's advice, a friend (in your case, boyfriend) can be a sponsor for as long as he is willing to sign in the "affidavit of support." He will also have to prove his financial capacity, which includes him divulging sensitive financial records, income tax and previous and current employment.

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Is the affidavit a fixed format? So far he wrote a letter stating that he had enough saved for my first year tuition plus living expenses.he will notarize that and have it sent plus extracts from his bank. Don't know how to show taxes as they are calculated differently here. Should I get him to get previous workplace references? He only has current work papers at the moment. Also since he is sending them over, should the copies of his birth certificate and passport be notarized as well?

Thanks so much!

Grish2508

Jun 29, 2016
Even I got rejected once 3 years back... I completed by bachelors in English literature through correspondence along with a B1 in French. I have 7.5 In ielts. Should I apply again for student visa ? And for which course ?

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Grish2508 said:
Even I got rejected once 3 years back... I completed by bachelors in English literature through correspondence along with a B1 in French. I have 7.5 In ielts. Should I apply again for student visa ? And for which course ?
The course has to be related to previous studies and show continuity (don't attend school after a long pause unless you worked in the field for that time). But what's really important is previous reason for rejection. Tell us details

Grish2508

Jun 29, 2016
Previously I filed on the basis of 12th for the human resources and got rejected stating that my course wasn't related to my previous studies. But this time i want to apply for early childcare. And I completed my bachelors this year. And would like to apply for January intake

Grish2508

Jun 29, 2016
And my profile is
Can you please check my profile and tell me should I be getting a visa or not ? Please urgent help required.

10th- 82%
12th- 60% but had failed in maths, passed the same year in July.
Bachelors in English literature through correspondence.
Diploma in French. Level B1.
Thinking to apply for early childcare.

How strong do you think is my profile ?