+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got nominated in 2 provinces. Seniors please Help.

F

feras80

Hello
I sent my application to AINP buffalo by the beginning of February; check got cashed after 10 days. However, I got a call today from Quebec Immigration officer stating that I got nominated for Quebec skilled worker too.
According to CIC website, it looks like Québec is faster than Alberta (My H1B expires by October 2010). Also, I'm from a francophone country.
Seniors, is it possible to apply for CIC under Québec selection too? Do I have to enclose any letter to drop my AINP-CIC current application?
Your help will be much appreciated.
Thank you!

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
Re: I got nominated in 2 provinces. Senior please Help.

Dude,

How did you managed the nomination for Quebec, don't they need job offer or french knowledge?

F

feras80

Re: I got nominated in 2 provinces. Senior please Help.

either job offer or frensh knowledge.

hs2501 said:
Dude,

How did you managed the nomination for Quebec, don't they need job offer or french knowledge?

F

feras80

I'm not sure what's the required level to pass since I'm a french speaker.
Some people claim it by taking basic level french courses.
Good luck

azndude said:
what level of french and how you claim it?

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Feras:

Here are my two cents (based on logic and not prior experience). You app with CIC is almost two months old. If you withdraw it, you will have to apply again using your CSQ. You lose two months in the process (perhaps a little bit more because you have to withdraw and then send in your new app, and if any of your PCCs have expired then factor in more time).

Ceteris paribus, you gain at best one month from going through the CSQ process vs AINP (based on average times posted by CIC for their Buffalo office (the CSQ process on average is one month shorter than other PNPs).

By not making this trade you are effectively saving at least one month of processing time (two months of sunk cost vs one month of saved time). However, this assumes the processing time lines for CSQ and other PNP applicants stay true to past averages. So my advice would be to stay put!

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Cheers,

F

feras80

Hello aNewHope
Thanks for your valuable advice.
Better to wait as my AOR might be on its way.
Good luck to you too!

aNewHope said:
Feras:

Here are my two cents (based on logic and not prior experience). You app with CIC is almost two months old. If you withdraw it, you will have to apply again using your CSQ. You lose two months in the process (perhaps a little bit more because you have to withdraw and then send in your new app, and if any of your PCCs have expired then factor in more time).

Ceteris paribus, you gain at best one month from going through the CSQ process vs AINP (based on average times posted by CIC for their Buffalo office (the CSQ process on average is one month shorter than other PNPs).

By not making this trade you are effectively saving at least one month of processing time (two months of sunk cost vs one month of saved time). However, this assumes the processing time lines for CSQ and other PNP applicants stay true to past averages. So my advice would be to stay put!

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Cheers,

BlueRobin

Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-06-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
20-10-2010
Passport Req..
11-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2011
The choice is pretty clear. You are already in CIC processing pipeline since Feb under AINP. If you potentially withdraw your AINP CIC and reapply under CSQ category, it can set you back by several months. Besides the CIC processing time under AINP or CSQ should be the same. Since your H1B is expiring in Oct, I would suggest you stay the course.