+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got ITA under FSW (have questions!)

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Hi Tamsina,

Which is the form you submitted to convert your FSW to CEC and to what number u called for this..

Kindly share the info ..

Thanks in advance.. Please help!!!
Aarti

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tamsina,

let us know if and when you get the answer from them. I'll do the same with that form.

I called 1 888 242 2100 and the lady told me to submit this form.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

It will not hurt to try. We have the same self-employment problem.

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok, I've just noticed... we got 50 points with that foreign experience, so I'm assuming, even in the CEC program they'll ask to confirm that. to still have the points.
So we will not ask to get it changed. Don't want to lose those points. will do my best to get the evidence that the job was done.

good luck to everyone!!!!

Tamsina

Feb 6, 2015
Got you.

But removing 50 points for me (for Foreign work experience) leaves me at 850 points which is still above the Feb draw limit.

Tempted just to take it off my profile and see what happens...just don't want to mess with the system. Anyone tried this?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Tamsina said:
Got you.

But removing 50 points for me (for Foreign work experience) leaves me at 850 points which is still above the Feb draw limit.

Tempted just to take it off my profile and see what happens...just don't want to mess with the system. Anyone tried this?
You cannot change the CRS points once you have been invited. In fact, you will need to prove that you get all the points you claimed to get in the CRS, or risk being disqualified and potentially banned for misrepresentation. If anyone does not have document evidence for any work experience (experience letters from employers in particular) then it's best to NOT include it in the express entry pool to begin with since points can only be awarded for experiences that can be supported by experience letters.

May be another option is to decline the invitation, then change the entry for work experience so that a new invitation is received with the lower points.

Tamsina

Feb 6, 2015
Here is official word back on the order of precedence if you qualify for more than one programme....

'The Express Entry system has an established order of precedence for candidates who are eligible in more than one economic immigration program. The established order is 1) Federal Skilled Trades, 2) Federal Skilled Worker and 3) Canadian Experience Class.

Although you have been invited to apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you are under no obligation to accept the invitation. If you do not wish to proceed with an application for permanent residence under the selected program, you may decline the invitation and return to the pool.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tamsina said:
Here is official word back on the order of precedence if you qualify for more than one programme....

'The Express Entry system has an established order of precedence for candidates who are eligible in more than one economic immigration program. The established order is 1) Federal Skilled Trades, 2) Federal Skilled Worker and 3) Canadian Experience Class.

Although you have been invited to apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you are under no obligation to accept the invitation. If you do not wish to proceed with an application for permanent residence under the selected program, you may decline the invitation and return to the pool.
That is not gud news....FSW has funds requirement while CEC doesnt. In this case, they should also make you eligible for FSW only if you have minimum funds required for FSW

sharath

Feb 11, 2015
Thanks Tamsina for sharing.

Although you have been invited to apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you are under no obligation to accept the invitation. If you do not wish to proceed with an application for permanent residence under the selected program, you may decline the invitation and return to the pool
..which means if you are once invited under one program, you have to abide by all rules and regulations of that program.

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Tamsina said:

Thanks Tamsina for sharing this ...

Now I am thinking ...if it was wise if we could have not declared our previous exp in EE profile ..just declared our Canadian Exp would have made us in CEC category only ..

Regards,
Aarti

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tamsina said:

I did the same thing. I have been invited to apply under FSW in the second draw with 1029 points. Though I have my Foreign work experience letters, they are not on par with CIC standards. One of my previous company is no longer around and it is impossible to get another letter from that company. I declined my Invitation and with drawn my profile from EE. Created another new profile with only Canadian Work experience and have 966 Points.

In the application, it now stating that I met only under CEC. Now, if the system has to pick my profile and Invite, that should be under CEC :)

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
rakikira said:
I did the same thing. I have been invited to apply under FSW in the second draw with 1029 points. Though I have my Foreign work experience letters, they are not on par with CIC standards. One of my previous company is no longer around and it is impossible to get another letter from that company. I declined my Invitation and with drawn my profile from EE. Created another new profile with only Canadian Work experience and have 966 Points.

In the application, it now stating that I met only under CEC. Now, if the system has to pick my profile and Invite, that should be under CEC :)
Hi rakikira,

Does this mean you did not declare any of your previous work exp in the new EE profile?

Thanks,
Aarti

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Tamsina said:

Should they not clear everything before they set out draws...it's seems more harassment like this...
Why would i wait for another year to pass by if I had to apply in FSW only...could have done it last year only ...but if someone completes a year with Canadian exp, their profile should be considered for CEC only ..no ECA..no liquid funds...doesn't sum to to CEC ...it looks like a trap to reject a profile with all facts...
Sorry m sounding frustrated..but this is what happening..

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Tamsina said:
Got you.

I did, I rwmoved my foreign work experience and now I only meet the CEC criteria.
Will see what happens in the next draw ;D

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
forever21 said:
I did, I rwmoved my foreign work experience and now I only meet the CEC criteria.
Will see what happens in the next draw ;D
Did you decline the current invitation? And did not specific any foreign work ex?
Thanks,
Aarti

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Aarti21 said:
Did you decline the current invitation? And did not specific any foreign work ex?
Thanks,
Aarti
Sorry, forgot to add that I haven't received ITA yet.
I met the criteria for FST (because of my foreign experience) and CEC... I've removed all my foreign experience in order to be eligible under CEC only.