+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got ITA under FSW (have questions!)

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
rakikira said:
Hi Aarti,

Yes I didnt mention anything about my Indian Work experience in my new EE profile. I will add them later after I get the Invitation as my Personal Activity for the last 10 years.
Thanks for reply rakikira..however how do you get a LMO if u have had no previous exp..as we definitely require some exp on specific tools/skills to fill a LMO position ...I wonder if u claim 600 points...the VO will definitely ponder...
Anyways ..all the best..
Thanks,
Aarti

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Auone said:
Guys please clarify this point.....I was under the impression that one eligibility condition for FSW is that you should have foreign work experience of atleast one year UNDER THE SAME NOC category. Is this correct? If yes, then there is a system glitch coz my foreign work experience is under two different NOCs, 6-7 months each, yet the system makes me eligible for FSW. I think this new system has some serious flaws to be honest.
Hi Auone,
Thinking for reference letters, if we do not produce letters for the NOC we are not applying ...will it be ok .?.we have anyways not claimed points for that...whats your take?

Thanks,
Aarti

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you say not claimed points, do you mean points under FSW or those under EE?

My idea is that if someone mentions a certain work experience in EE, irrespective of NOC, then proof has to be provided, not for the sake of points, but just to prove that you have been truthful in your answers.

Lastly, I would guess that anything mentioned in the profile is to gain points. Whether you are awarded those points or not is another issue. But since a certain work experience has been mentioned, I guess it has to be proved.

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Auone said:
When you say not claimed points, do you mean points under FSW or those under EE?

My idea is that if someone mentions a certain work experience in EE, irrespective of NOC, then proof has to be provided, not for the sake of points, but just to prove that you have been truthful in your answers.

Lastly, I would guess that anything mentioned in the profile is to gain points. Whether you are awarded those points or not is another issue. But since a certain work experience has been mentioned, I guess it has to be proved.
+1 ..agreed...

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aarti21 said:
Thanks for reply rakikira..however how do you get a LMO if u have had no previous exp..as we definitely require some exp on specific tools/skills to fill a LMO position ...I wonder if u claim 600 points...the VO will definitely ponder...
Anyways ..all the best..
Thanks,
Aarti
Hi Aarti,

I Have Indian Work Experience. I have Canadian Education and work experience too. Initially I was on PGWP, later my employer applied for LMO last year and converted my PGWP to Closed WP.

Now in my EE profile, I didnt mention anything about my Indian work experience and I want to apply only on my Canadian Work experience. I will add all of my work details once after I get Invited.

sharath

Feb 11, 2015
I removed all my Foreign (non-canadian) work exp. and kept the ECA alone. Was eligible for both FSW and CEC again.

Finally, removed ECA from application. Now I am eligible for only CEC.

Thinking If I should withdraw my profile and create a new one, or keep it as it is and wait to see if I get invited.

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
I haven't submitted ECA as well and used just my canadian work experience, so I am eligible just for CEC. But without ECA and foreign work experience I have just 272 points, do you think it's better to have less points but be CEC applicant?

narby

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
sharath said:
I removed all my Foreign (non-canadian) work exp. and kept the ECA alone. Was eligible for both FSW and CEC again.

Finally, removed ECA from application. Now I am eligible for only CEC.

Thinking If I should withdraw my profile and create a new one, or keep it as it is and wait to see if I get invited.
well I guess you are not invited yet.
Once you get invited, you will have to fill out another form which has "Personal History"
Then you will be asked to fill out what have you done for last 10 years such as educational, tourism or work.

And next step is to upload your documents. It requires "Employment Records-(your work)"
Cheers!

sharath

Feb 11, 2015
Well...I was invited under FSW. I declined the invitation. and removed the ECA. Now I am eligible only under CEC. So even invited, I shouldn't be asked for "Reference letters" in that format at least.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Question about this, was everyone invited as a FSW using a NOC on the list of FSW NOC list? It seems like more people would have this issue if it was just putting in the ECA.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:
Question about this, was everyone invited as a FSW using a NOC on the list of FSW NOC list? It seems like more people would have this issue if it was just putting in the ECA.
Those have mentioned about the work experience outside Canada have got ITA for FSW. There is no such thing "FSW Noc list". All the NOC under category 0,A and B are eligible for both CEC and FSW

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Auone said:

Hey Auine, I have a question about reference letter for work experience outside Canada. This is in regards to the situation when someone has got ITA for FSW but is also eligible for CEC. Lets say if anyone has declared skilled work experience outside Canada but they do not have a job letter with job duties. The only thing they have is job reference letter with the job start date and end date. Also the job title (from the NOC 0, A or B). Supporting documents: Pay stub, job offer letter and bank statement that shows the pay being deposited from that particular job. Keep that in mind, they already have a job letter for their current job on Canada with job duties etc. (the proper job letter as mentioned by CIC). So do you think these documents would be enough to support the work experience outside Canada or there has to be a job letter with the job duties.

Please advise. Thanks for your time.

sharath

Feb 11, 2015
For FSW, See row 12 in file IMM5612E.pdf

I AM NOT SURE IF THEY ARE GOING TO REJECT IF THE LETTER IS NOT IN THE "REQUIRED FORMAT".

But they say, letter "must" include all the following information.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john1818 said:
Hey Auine, I have a question about reference letter for work experience outside Canada. This is in regards to the situation when someone has got ITA for FSW but is also eligible for CEC. Lets say if anyone has declared skilled work experience outside Canada but they do not have a job letter with job duties. The only thing they have is job reference letter with the job start date and end date. Also the job title (from the NOC 0, A or B). Supporting documents: Pay stub, job offer letter and bank statement that shows the pay being deposited from that particular job. Keep that in mind, they already have a job letter for their current job on Canada with job duties etc. (the proper job letter as mentioned by CIC). So do you think these documents would be enough to support the work experience outside Canada or there has to be a job letter with the job duties.

Please advise. Thanks for your time.
Hi John,

As far as I know, I have seen FSW applicants struggling because they were unable to produce the letters formatted according to CIC specification, i.e., mentioning job duties. If you are unable to obtain those letters and you already have an ITA, my suggestion would be to send an email to the company requesting the letter and if they're unable to do so, then attach the email reply of the company where they state that they cannot provide such a letter. This, together with all the other docs which you have stated above, should be enough.

Also, note one thing, the letter doesn't necessarily have to be from HR department. Your supervisor in the company can write it. And even if that is not possible, any of your colleagues in that company can write it as well, as long as its on the official letter head.

Good Luck!

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharath said:
For FSW, See row 12 in file IMM5612E.pdf

I AM NOT SURE IF THEY ARE GOING TO REJECT IF THE LETTER IS NOT IN THE "REQUIRED FORMAT".

But they say, letter "must" include all the following information.
When it says must, that means CIC definitely want that specific info or else there is a high chance of getting denial. I would rather try my best to get the letter then to take a chance. Thanks for your input. I appreciate that.