I got ITA under FSW (have questions!)

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Auone said:
Hi John,

As far as I know, I have seen FSW applicants struggling because they were unable to produce the letters formatted according to CIC specification, i.e., mentioning job duties. If you are unable to obtain those letters and you already have an ITA, my suggestion would be to send an email to the company requesting the letter and if they're unable to do so, then attach the email reply of the company where they state that they cannot provide such a letter. This, together with all the other docs which you have stated above, should be enough.

Also, note one thing, the letter doesn't necessarily have to be from HR department. Your supervisor in the company can write it. And even if that is not possible, any of your colleagues in that company can write it as well, as long as its on the official letter head.

Good Luck!
Thanks for your rely, I appreciate that. I will work towards getting the job letter with duties. Thanks again :)

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Auone said:
Hi John,

As far as I know, I have seen FSW applicants struggling because they were unable to produce the letters formatted according to CIC specification, i.e., mentioning job duties. If you are unable to obtain those letters and you already have an ITA, my suggestion would be to send an email to the company requesting the letter and if they're unable to do so, then attach the email reply of the company where they state that they cannot provide such a letter. This, together with all the other docs which you have stated above, should be enough.

Also, note one thing, the letter doesn't necessarily have to be from HR department. Your supervisor in the company can write it. And even if that is not possible, any of your colleagues in that company can write it as well, as long as its on the official letter head.

Good Luck!
I got one more question. I noticed in other thread that people who have ITA, are asked to upload Job offer letter and the job duties letter too. My question is in regards to Job title. The original job offer letter contains a different business title whereas in the job duties letter, I asked the HR department to also write the title that matches the NOC B category. Because the actual job title is nowhere in NOC 2011 list. Hence, the job duties letter has two titles, the original title that is mentioned on the job offer letter and just besides the original title, there is also the title in brackets that matches the NOC. So, do you think I might accidently jeopardize the situation if the information is contradicting. Keep that in mind the job duties letter has both the titles, the original title and the title that matches the NOC. Thanks in advance. John.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john1818 said:
I got one more question. I noticed in other thread that people who have ITA, are asked to upload Job offer letter and the job duties letter too. My question is in regards to Job title. The original job offer letter contains a different business title whereas in the job duties letter, I asked the HR department to also write the title that matches the NOC B category. Because the actual job title is nowhere in NOC 2011 list. Hence, the job duties letter has two titles, the original title that is mentioned on the job offer letter and just besides the original title, there is also the title in brackets that matches the NOC. So, do you think I might accidently jeopardize the situation if the information is contradicting. Keep that in mind the job duties letter has both the titles, the original title and the title that matches the NOC. Thanks in advance. John.
To be honest, I'm not sure how to answer this question, because I have not encountered this situation. My understanding is that since its mentioned in BRACKETS, it should not be a problem, reason being that every company has its own designation titles for different employees, what's important is that the job duties should match. For example, for my EE profile, one work experience that I mentioned has job title of "Engineer" only, and job duties match the NOC for Electrical Engineer. So I just put the appropriate NOC and mentioned the job title only as Engineer. So, as long as job duties match and the job title broadly matches the NOC, it shouldn't be a problem. For your case, like you've mentioned that the description letter mentions the original title and the corresponding NOC related title in brackets, it should be fine, again because every company has its own employee designation structure which doesn't necessarily have to match exactly with CIC NOC list.

Again, don't take my word on this and wait for input from some other applicants who have faced similar situation.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Auone said:
To be honest, I'm not sure how to answer this question, because I have not encountered this situation. My understanding is that since its mentioned in BRACKETS, it should not be a problem, reason being that every company has its own designation titles for different employees, what's important is that the job duties should match. For example, for my EE profile, one work experience that I mentioned has job title of "Engineer" only, and job duties match the NOC for Electrical Engineer. So I just put the appropriate NOC and mentioned the job title only as Engineer. So, as long as job duties match and the job title broadly matches the NOC, it shouldn't be a problem. For your case, like you've mentioned that the description letter mentions the original title and the corresponding NOC related title in brackets, it should be fine, again because every company has its own employee designation structure which doesn't necessarily have to match exactly with CIC NOC list.

Again, don't take my word on this and wait for input from some other applicants who have faced similar situation.
Thanks for the input. The job duties on the letter are same as the one that corresponds to actual NOC. These are the requrements from CIC:

Work Experience In Canada

You must provide proof of qualifying work experience, including:
.. a copy of your most recent authorization to work in Canada (i.e. work permit or visitor record)
Employer reference letters for all periods of qualifying work experience you identify in your application
copies of your T4 tax information slips and your Notice of Assessment (NOA) issued by the Canada Revenue Agency for the period(s) of work experience you identify in your application {CIC preferred),

. OR

a sufficient combination of other supporting documentation, which could include copies of a record or letter of employment from the employer in Canada, work contracts and pay stubs for the period(s) of work experience you identify in your application.
II
Important: when submitting your tax information, be sure to black out your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to protect this personal information.
Employer reference letters must be:

• written on company letterhead,
• signed by the responsible officer/supervisor,
• have the printed name and title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature,
• show the company's full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses,
• Stamped with the company's official seal (if applicable).

Reference letters must include all of the following information:

• .the specific period of your employment with the company,
• the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position,
• your main responsibilities and duties in each position,
• the corresponding National Occupational Classjfjcatjon (NOC) code (if known),
• your total annual salary plus benefits
• the number of hours worked per week.

From this information, what I get it job offer letter is not mandatory(it is optional and could be used as a supporting doc) only the job letter that contains duties and other things such as type of position, number of hours, benefits etc its most important. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john1818 said:
Hey Auone
Whats your rationale on this?
Hey,

Actually, that list is the same as the traditional list for CEC, and I know for traditional/older CEC, a job offer letter is not required, like you have rightly said. However, with the new express entry system, if you have claimed that you have got a job offer, then a letter confirming this offer is required. If your job reference letter indicates your position is permanent, then it should be fine. Otherwise, if the employment is temporary, I would recommend attaching a separate job offer letter stating, for example, when will your contract be extended and for how long.

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
How do we know a position is temporary or permanent? Is it written anywhere in LMO? There is nothing mentioned on my secondment letter..but have not looked/read LMO if there is any duration or word "temporary".

Thanks ,
Aarti

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aarti21 said:
How do we know a position is temporary or permanent? Is it written anywhere in LMO? There is nothing mentioned on my secondment letter..but have not looked/read LMO if there is any duration or word "temporary".

Thanks ,
Aarti
I don't think an LMO mentions that, I have never seen an actual LMO since my job was exempt. But temporary/permanent status must be mentioned in your contract.

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Thanks Auone, however there is no contract for me ..I am on deputation from India on LMO..not sure at all how this works..

Regards,
Aarti

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And to add to that, if your secondment letter doesn't mention any dates of termination, then your job is most probably permanent. But the best thing would be to go through your contract in detail or just pay a visit to your HR department.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aarti21 said:
Thanks Auone, however there is no contract for me ..I am on deputation from India on LMO..not sure at all how this works..

Regards,
Aarti
Hmmm, well in that case, I'm out of answers. How long have you been in Canada? To my knowledge, you can't extend your temporary work permit after 4 years. But the situation changes if you get your PR before that. So confirm all these details with your employer.

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Auone said:
Hmmm, well in that case, I'm out of answers. How long have you been in Canada? To my knowledge, you can't extend your temporary work permit after 4 years. But the situation changes if you get your PR before that. So confirm all these details with your employer.
It's only a year ..as of now.. 8)

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lolz, then there is probably nothing to worry about.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Auone said:
Hey,

Actually, that list is the same as the traditional list for CEC, and I know for traditional/older CEC, a job offer letter is not required, like you have rightly said. However, with the new express entry system, if you have claimed that you have got a job offer, then a letter confirming this offer is required. If your job reference letter indicates your position is permanent, then it should be fine. Otherwise, if the employment is temporary, I would recommend attaching a separate job offer letter stating, for example, when will your contract be extended and for how long.
Thanks Auone.

+1 for your help