+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got declined!

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Yeah I understand but I need to be there. But surely I will return.

Hi there @bellaluna that's the part where I have not prepared for it. I submitted my sister's evidence of income including her spouse, a letter from her employer, evidence of family size for host, and her birth certificate. As for my for parents they submit copies of land titles, my mom's bank statements , my father's statement when he received his retirement income. My sister will mainly fund my travel, My mom just wanted to include theirs just in case unexpected situation may arise. I also submitted all of my documents such as my COE, letter of approval from company that they allow me to travel, income tax, payslip for the last 6 months, 2 bank statements as I mentioned, 1 from payroll account and a savings account with Php100k on it.

Hi there.. if u dont mind how many days you plan to visit Canada? if you indicate more than 1 month for me it sounds not good especially that u have a job in Phil. try to shorten it by 2-3 weeks..

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Hi Kira, what other strong documents you have aside from travel history to convince that a person will return to home country at the end of the period?
In my first application which was refused I had the following:

-Standard documents ( passport copy, digital photo)
- detailed cover letter explaining all documents submitted and purpose of visit
-Bank statements of 6 months with more than 10,000 CAD.
-business registration for my clothing business
- tax returns for 3 years proving income
- invitation letter from a family friend inviting me to her family wedding stating that she will proving food, shelter including her bank statements, passport copy, drivers license
- total funds available for the trip was 15,000 CAD
- affidavit from my father stating my return was needed to India to help care for them and also set my older sisters wedding and that I own a successful business
- flight booking
- day to day itinerary listing my activities in Canada for every day of my two week visit

Second application I had

- standard documents
- bank balence sheet showing 10,000 CAD
- business registration
- tax returns ( same as previous app)
- hotel booking confirmed and paid
- flight booking confirmed
- itinerary
- purpose of visit letter explaining exactly what I was doing for my 1 week visit
- invitation to a Christmas party from the same people who's wedding I was invited to in my previous application
- cover letter from my representative addressing all points of refusal and why I do in fact meet the requirements point by point
- letter on my company letterhead explaining my duties as a business man and how my business will manage while I'm gone for a week

As you can see the main difference from my first app was I used a representative and did not have an invitation letter. Instead I planned to visit on my own terms providing for myself the whole trip. I sent my representative all of the documents I submitted in my previous application and she just twisted and turned and made it a more solid application allowing for them to see exactly how and why I am admissible.

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
In my first application which was refused I had the following:

-Standard documents ( passport copy, digital photo)
- detailed cover letter explaining all documents submitted and purpose of visit
-Bank statements of 6 months with more than 10,000 CAD.
-business registration for my clothing business
- tax returns for 3 years proving income
- invitation letter from a family friend inviting me to her family wedding stating that she will proving food, shelter including her bank statements, passport copy, drivers license
- total funds available for the trip was 15,000 CAD
- affidavit from my father stating my return was needed to India to help care for them and also set my older sisters wedding and that I own a successful business
- flight booking
- day to day itinerary listing my activities in Canada for every day of my two week visit

Second application I had

- standard documents
- bank balence sheet showing 10,000 CAD
- business registration
- tax returns ( same as previous app)
- hotel booking confirmed and paid
- flight booking confirmed
- itinerary
- purpose of visit letter explaining exactly what I was doing for my 1 week visit
- invitation to a Christmas party from the same people who's wedding I was invited to in my previous application
- cover letter from my representative addressing all points of refusal and why I do in fact meet the requirements point by point
- letter on my company letterhead explaining my duties as a business man and how my business will manage while I'm gone for a week

As you can see the main difference from my first app was I used a representative and did not have an invitation letter. Instead I planned to visit on my own terms providing for myself the whole trip. I sent my representative all of the documents I submitted in my previous application and she just twisted and turned and made it a more solid application allowing for them to see exactly how and why I am admissible.
I missed a document in the second one I also submitted the will of my father stating I own 25% of the family home. This helped to prove ties to home country.

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
I missed a document in the second one I also submitted the will of my father stating I own 25% of the family home. This helped to prove ties to home country.
As what you stated, you will only be staying there for 1 week. Is that really the time of duration your are gonna be staying?

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
Hi there.. if u dont mind how many days you plan to visit Canada? if you indicate more than 1 month for me it sounds not good especially that u have a job in Phil. try to shorten it by 2-3 weeks..
Hmmm..In that case should I really be staying there for only 2-3 weeks? Wouldn't they give a 6 month duration?

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
As what you stated, you will only be staying there for 1 week. Is that really the time of duration your are gonna be staying?
Yes I originally said 2 weeks in my first application but then decided on one because at that time my business was busy so I could only take a 1 week trip. I was truthful about my stay duration in both applications. I just wanted a short trip to see the sights and family friends. If got permits I will get a multiple entry visa and can go back again whenever I feel like it.

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Hmmm..In that case should I really be staying there for only 2-3 weeks? Wouldn't they give a 6 month duration?
They usually give 6mos stay in every visit provided if they will grant u multiple entry. for the sake of ur application minimized the days in your visa application. max 2 weeks only..

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
They usually give 6mos stay in every visit provided if they will grant u multiple entry. for the sake of ur application minimized the days in your visa application. max 2 weeks only..
oh I see. got it.. Given the visa is granted, you can stay for 6 months right. ?

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
Yes I originally said 2 weeks in my first application but then decided on one because at that time my business was busy so I could only take a 1 week trip. I was truthful about my stay duration in both applications. I just wanted a short trip to see the sights and family friends. If got permits I will get a multiple entry visa and can go back again whenever I feel like it.
But you can stay for the entire 6 months if approve already right?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi @bellaluna Shoud I state in the cover letter/purpose of travel that was was refused and that I am reapplying with additional docs?
Not necessary at all to mention it in the cover letter. Only if you really want to.
You must declare anyway in the application form that you were refused a visa to Canada, and that is usually enough.

Reactions: markv006

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Applicant399 said:
Salam everyone.
I applied fro TRV 13/02/2018.with 9 years old daughter (co applicant) for 45 days family Visit
Rest of my dependent child and spouse will remain in pakistan
Canada. Family Parents and 3 brothers one is married his wife and a kid.( all these holding citizenship )
and settled in Canada since 2008
Own a house with good jobs , father is retired
supporting documents I submitted from my family includes.
Invitation letter mentioning my father health( with attached hospitalized discharged slip)
My family will pay fro my trip including everything food shelter transportation and air fare .
Also spending Ramadan and eid with them.
Bank statements 1100,000 $cad . with pay stubs .employment certificate, citizenship card with Canadian passports copy. Canada home owner documents.
Documents I submit . My job( Private) as sales manager . leave certificate . NOC from employer
Daughter school leave certificate . consent letter from non accompanying parent
My funds statement for 4 months 900,000PKR.
Question is I have no previous Travel history it will hurt my application or for family visit VO do not consider it.

Here's an example for everyone for someone who from Pakistan got their visa in less than 10 days ( 10 yr multiple entry for him and his daughter). He has NO travel history and is from a high risk country but still got his visa due to a strong application otherwise.

Reactions: markv006

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
I haven't gotten my visa yet... I could stay for 6 months once I get my visa but as I said I have a business to run here in India. I cannot stay away for long.
As for me, I will state in my application to stay there in 2 weeks, consider it approved I can stay there for 6 months , right?

Reactions: kira260

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
Applicant399 said:
Salam everyone.
I applied fro TRV 13/02/2018.with 9 years old daughter (co applicant) for 45 days family Visit
Rest of my dependent child and spouse will remain in pakistan
Canada. Family Parents and 3 brothers one is married his wife and a kid.( all these holding citizenship )
and settled in Canada since 2008
Own a house with good jobs , father is retired
supporting documents I submitted from my family includes.
Invitation letter mentioning my father health( with attached hospitalized discharged slip)
My family will pay fro my trip including everything food shelter transportation and air fare .
Also spending Ramadan and eid with them.
Bank statements 1100,000 $cad . with pay stubs .employment certificate, citizenship card with Canadian passports copy. Canada home owner documents.
Documents I submit . My job( Private) as sales manager . leave certificate . NOC from employer
Daughter school leave certificate . consent letter from non accompanying parent
My funds statement for 4 months 900,000PKR.
Question is I have no previous Travel history it will hurt my application or for family visit VO do not consider it.

Here's an example for everyone for someone who from Pakistan got their visa in less than 10 days ( 10 yr multiple entry for him and his daughter). He has NO travel history and is from a high risk country but still got his visa due to a strong application otherwise.
Did they apply it themselves or through an agency?